Tribe F5 Under...

McKenzie starts tonight. Not sure how Indians keep ending up w these young pitchers. Kuddos to the front office over the last decade... One after another....He was up briefly at the end of last year. Has been the number 1 prospect for years and finally gonna get some action. Dude is about 7ft and weighs 120 but is nasty lol. U 4.5
seriously, he's like me in high school (minus 20 lbs and plus athletic talent). dude can shove, though...

This gonna be more interesting as they start playing some the better offenses instead of the tigers! I like royals lineup and both those came in so we shall see.

Tribe have also hit lefties much better than righties so far this season with a collective ops of .822 vs lhp so far this year.

8-2 ytd

correct me where I’m wrong but I always thought which ever pitcher pitched the inning that the lead changes, they get credited for the decision? Is that not right? Talking about Beibs last night.

Last edited:
8-2 ytd

correct me where I’m wrong but I always thought which ever pitcher pitched the inning that the lead changes, they get credited for the decision? Is that not right? Talking about Beibs last night.
No its last pitcher before it changes..... Bieber pitched bottom 9, Tribe scores top 10, then Karinchak comes in bottom 10 to close it out with a 2-0 lead (save).

From the mlb.com glossary:

Win (W)​

Definition​

A pitcher receives a win when he is the pitcher of record when his team takes the lead for good -- with a couple rare exceptions. First, a starting pitcher must pitch at least five innings (in a traditional game of nine innings or longer) to qualify for the win. If he does not, the official scorer awards the win to the most effective relief pitcher.

There is also a rarely used clause where an official scorer can deem a relief pitcher's appearance "brief and ineffective." (For example, if a reliever relinquished a one-run lead by allowing three runs, but was still in line for a win after his team scored four runs in the following inning -- that may qualify.) If that's the case, the scorer can award the win to a pitcher who followed that "brief and ineffective" pitcher. Which relief pitcher earns the win specifically is also up to the judgment of the official scorer.

Back