Trade Offer... Am I Wrong?

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
.5 PPR Work League, 14 team league

I used my Waiver for Charcandrick West to be a trade chip.

Someone is offering me the following:

Andy Dalton for Charcandrick West

His QBs are Big Ben, Dalton, and Bortles (trying to obviously move one)

My QBs - Rivers and Tyrod
My RBs - Lacy, Ingram, Matt Jones, Christine Michael, and West

I like Daltons schedule for the rest of the year:
[TABLE="class: Table-plain Table Table-px-med Table-mid Datatable Ta-center Tz-xxs ysf-rosterswapper table-scroll, width: 1000"]
<tbody>[TR="class: Alt Last"]
[TH="class: Ta-c pos headcol, align: center"]Pos[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-start player"]Offense[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 2, align: center"]Action[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-c Fw-b, align: center"]Bye[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]1[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]2[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]3[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]4[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]5[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs Fw-b Selected, bgcolor: #E7E7E7, align: right"]6[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]7[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]8[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]9[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]10[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]11[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]12[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]13[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]14[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]15[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]16[/TH]
[TH="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]17[/TH]
[TH="class: No-p Spacer"][/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: First"]
[TD="class: Alt Ta-c pos headcol, align: center"]QB[/TD]
[TD="class: Ta-start player Bdrstart"]Video Playlist Player NoteAndy Dalton Cin - QB

Sun 12:00 pm @ Buf
[/TD]
[TD="class: Alt Bdrstart"][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: Alt Ta-c Fw-b Bdrstart, align: center"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs Bdrstart, align: right"]@Oak[/TD]
[TD="class: Alt Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]SD[/TD]
[TD="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]@Bal[/TD]
[TD="class: Alt Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]KC[/TD]
[TD="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]Sea[/TD]
[TD="class: Alt Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs Fw-b Selected, bgcolor: #F3F3F3, align: right"]@Buf[/TD]
[TD="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]Bye[/TD]
[TD="class: Alt Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]@Pit[/TD]
[TD="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]Cle[/TD]
[TD="class: Alt Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]Hou[/TD]
[TD="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]@Ari[/TD]
[TD="class: Alt Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]StL[/TD]
[TD="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]@Cle[/TD]
[TD="class: Alt Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]Pit[/TD]
[TD="class: Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]@SF[/TD]
[TD="class: Alt Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]@Den[/TD]
[TD="class: Last Ta-end P-xs Fz-xxs, align: right"]Bal[/TD]
[TD="class: Alt No-p Spacer"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: Alt"]
[TD="class: Ta-c pos headcol, align: center"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

If I do this trade, I know Ill need to drop Tyrod and get a WR since Im currently sitting at 0 WRs on my bench and we start 3 WRs, 2 RBs - no Flex.

Crabtree, Josh Huff, Nelson Agholor, Jamison Crowder, DaVante Parker, DBG to name a few available

Thoughts?

West for Dalton straight up? That doesn't seem like a good trade for you.

i actually disagree. would rather have dalton.

that said, tyrod will be out a couple weeks, but is dalton worth the upgrade over taylor? I'm not sure.

If your looking ahead I don't like Dalton's schedule for the playoffs with weeks 15 & 16 being road games @ SF and @ Denver. Rivers has a nice playoff schedule with Miami @ home and @ Oakland on deck. I also grabbed West sitting on the first pick on the waiver wire for 4 weeks and I like him as a RB and KC is a run heavy team.

Is McCown already been picked up in your league ? I grabbed him as well on waivers as the Browns offense is surprisingly top 10 in yards and points and I expect them to be in shootouts with how bad their D has been so far.

West is a solid #3 RB for you and w/ Lacy and Ingram still having upcoming bye weeks he could start at a minimum 2 games for you and possibly more.

Yeah - value wise West is worth a lot more - probably overanalyzing Bengals schedule.

QBs - I should be fine with Rivers and Tyrod.

The answer is most likely to try and find a way to move someone else on my team to find a way to squeeze in a WR - really dont have any potential droppable players outside of Christine Michael/Matt Jones.

If your looking ahead I don't like Dalton's schedule for the playoffs with weeks 15 & 16 being road games @ SF and @ Denver. Rivers has a nice playoff schedule with Miami @ home and @ Oakland on deck. I also grabbed West sitting on the first pick on the waiver wire for 4 weeks and I like him as a RB and KC is a run heavy team.

Is McCown already been picked up in your league ? I grabbed him as well on waivers as the Browns offense is surprisingly top 10 in yards and points and I expect them to be in shootouts with how bad their D has been so far.

West is a solid #3 RB for you and w/ Lacy and Ingram still having upcoming bye weeks he could start at a minimum 2 games for you and possibly more.

Disagree a bit about SF pass D but thats just me, even if its on the road.

QBs is slim pickings - Stafford is probably best available... Fitzmagic? dont really need a QB at all - just like Dalton more than Tyrod and Rivers.

thanks for the input everyone. ill sit tight and probably just pick up Crabtree or try to find a way to move Jones/Michael for a WR.

Hopefully Christine Michael just steals the jobs away next week.

LaFell has been stashed all year unfortunately.

How is Dalton much of an upgrade? West will be lead back.

West may be lead back, but how much can you really count on him for each week? It's a complete unknown, he's never done it and didn't even play Division 1 football in college. You'd also have to imagine Knile Davis getting some of the carries each week. I'm certainly not saying West cannot fill the role well and produce, but you certainly can't simply assume he will be either.

yeah but how much better is dalton than rivers, really? i mean mccown has been lighting it up too... i think dalton comes back to earth.

IMO - better weapons, better line, better schedule for Dalton.

enough of an upgrade to make the trade, probably not. but when you have Lacy and Ingram - you probably arent starting West more than the bye weeks.

The biggest factor is that Dalton and Rivers schedules compliment each other well (this week specifically Dalton has an easy matchup, Tyrod plays the NYJ in both Rivers bye week and week 17. Rivers has to play on the road @DEN in week 17 while Dalton gets Balty)

Back