Trade Deadline Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Next couple weeks should be interesting. O's with pitching and Mariners with hitting for example could dramatically improve their postseason prospects with a big acquisition or two. So many other teams are in play for new guys too.

Probably won't see many teams commit to being buyers or sellers until the last couple days of the month. As it stands sellers could make out like bandits with so many teams alive, especially in the NL. Curious how Toronto handles what was brought up tonight, if they decide to sell Vlad and Bichette look out.

i had local radio on today and they were all talking a bunch bout cards looking at Bassitt, they seemed pretty convinced, feels like a cardinal kind of player and they do have a solid foundation of making trades w jays. of course you have to keep in mind local cardinals radio likes to play fantasy baseball and pretend trade world all the freaking time, the shit is unbearable for a day, i can't believe ppl tune into them all the time! gotta be the goofiest fan boys all arguing if cards should trade 3 minor leaguers for judge or something equally stupid!!

Only thing I'm hearing out of Snakeland is while they wouldn't mind another starter the real focus is on the bullpen if anything at all. Naturally Crochet's name came up like it will everywhere but I think only if the price is right and they'd look at him as a pen guy since he's already thrown more innings than he ever has before. Anyone who gives up the farm for him as a starter will likely be desperate. There ratio of available starters to sellers will be all-time terrible for buyers. Tigers should walk out of this smelling like roses is if they get rid of Skubal and Flaherty.

Only thing I'm hearing out of Snakeland is while they wouldn't mind another starter the real focus is on the bullpen if anything at all. Naturally Crochet's name came up like it will everywhere but I think only if the price is right and they'd look at him as a pen guy since he's already thrown more innings than he ever has before. Anyone who gives up the farm for him as a starter will likely be desperate. There ratio of available starters to sellers will be all-time terrible for buyers. Tigers should walk out of this smelling like roses is if they get rid of Skubal and Flaherty.

it's hard for me to see the chisox kid being a huge puzzle piece for this year teams going for it, like you said maybe he could be a pen weapon and after seeing ya'll closer last week you could use some electric stuff out the pen! he feels more like a next year longer term play tho and even then you right the price needs to be right but i assume it be very steep and he will still carry lot of injury risk (not like most pitchers dont tho).

it kills me every time i hear tigers pitchers names in trades. im sure it has a lot to do with contracts and things i pay little attention to, i just know tigers been like my favorite team to bet the last several weeks and i think they every bit as good the teams ahead of them in the central, they just not priced like it! afraid if they start shipping dudes out it sends a shitty messsge to a young team, plus i really think if we started this year over from scratch id have no problem picking tigers to win the al central! seems a shame for them to sell off parts, especially skubal but flaherty has been fantastic as well, he certainly makes more sense, i feel like skubal a dude you back the truck up for: why can philly pay wheeler and nola along with turner, harper, etc etc etc but tigers can't give Skubal the bag? there has to be some kind of money or him not wanting to be there implications? i certainly don't get it, there isn't much a trade that would make me come off a legit front line ace, what is more valuable? bunch of prospects that might work out in few years?

it's hard for me to see the chisox kid being a huge puzzle piece for this year teams going for it, like you said maybe he could be a pen weapon and after seeing ya'll closer last week you could use some electric stuff out the pen! he feels more like a next year longer term play tho and even then you right the price needs to be right but i assume it be very steep and he will still carry lot of injury risk (not like most pitchers dont tho).

it kills me every time i hear tigers pitchers names in trades. im sure it has a lot to do with contracts and things i pay little attention to, i just know tigers been like my favorite team to bet the last several weeks and i think they every bit as good the teams ahead of them in the central, they just not priced like it! afraid if they start shipping dudes out it sends a shitty messsge to a young team, plus i really think if we started this year over from scratch id have no problem picking tigers to win the al central! seems a shame for them to sell off parts, especially skubal but flaherty has been fantastic as well, he certainly makes more sense, i feel like skubal a dude you back the truck up for: why can philly pay wheeler and nola along with turner, harper, etc etc etc but tigers can't give Skubal the bag? there has to be some kind of money or him not wanting to be there implications? i certainly don't get it, there isn't much a trade that would make me come off a legit front line ace, what is more valuable? bunch of prospects that might work out in few years?
Do you say this cause he's never pitched a full season? The kid has electric stuff, one of the best in MLB right now all while on a shit team. A top 10 fastball and the best cutter right now.

Do you say this cause he's never pitched a full season? The kid has electric stuff, one of the best in MLB right now all while on a shit team. A top 10 fastball and the best cutter right now.

i say this cause everything i have heard has been he reaching a innings limit for the season: i understand he has fantastic stuff but if ya can't use him it doesn't really make much difference.

i say this cause everything i have heard has been he reaching a innings limit for the season: i understand he has fantastic stuff but if ya can't use him it doesn't really make much difference.
Yeah seems like they've already started to ramp down his starts.

Yeah seems like they've already started to ramp down his starts.

yea i assume pulling him early is a attempt to leave another team room
to be able to use him in some kinda limited fashion in playoff push, i dont really know the specifics of the whole thing just that i've heard whoever gets him really isn't adding a starter for end of this season or playoffs. im
sure he could be hugely effective out the pen but dunno what that looks like either far as how often he could do that, i doubt anyone could use him more than few times in a series maybe? i'd think that puts a big cap on what chisox can get back in return.

If Snakes beat KC tonight I'm under the impression that unless they go 1-5 in the homestand against PIT/WAS this next week they will be selectively and conservatively buying. Won't give away much.

Side note: Monday against the Nats is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Family Night (LDS) - Special Event. Buncha kids and I mean a bunch.

If Snakes beat KC tonight I'm under the impression that unless they go 1-5 in the homestand against PIT/WAS this next week they will be selectively and conservatively buying. Won't give away much.

Side note: Monday against the Nats is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Family Night (LDS) - Special Event. Buncha kids and I mean a bunch.

ya'll need a closer.

seattle just traded for Arozarena. still pissed cards traded him for a gas can! seattle had to get a bat from somewhere, kinda screws up rays ff tt over for me 2marro.

Orioles pick up another leaky bag of shit from Phillies. Really surprised me considering if they can't see how bad Krimbel ruins their chances here comes Sir Anthony. I like the trade on the Phillies end completely just seems like Baltimore would have wanted someone else besides Sir Anthony. Seen him pitch obviously from the Phillies side and not as bad on the pucker factor as Krimbel but not a solid guy as I am concerned

Orioles pick up another leaky bag of shit from Phillies. Really surprised me considering if they can't see how bad Krimbel ruins their chances here comes Sir Anthony. I like the trade on the Phillies end completely just seems like Baltimore would have wanted someone else besides Sir Anthony. Seen him pitch obviously from the Phillies side and not as bad on the pucker factor as Krimbel but not a solid guy as I am concerned

i don't really think o's did bad here, hays a fine player but if anything it clears a spot for one their youngsters of which they have a ton! i actually think there hope for Dominguez, he has 2 plus pitches, issues or not there no coaching arm talent, the issues can be fixed if the talent is there which never been a question imo. i'd feel way better bout trotting him out in playoffs opposed to kimbrel!

i do understand your thoughts, it kinda crossed my mind at 1st, like do they want all the guys who cost philly the nlcs? maybe they can get manager too! he was just as responsible the way he kept putting the clowns back into high leverage spots when we all knew what would happen! lol.

@KJ , marlins got a lefty named Scott closing for them who appears to have legit stuff, def an upgrade over kimbrel!

5 walks per 9 a huge concern tho. i dunno i want a guy walking dudes in 9th of a playoff game, his stuff filthy tho.

@KJ , marlins got a lefty named Scott closing for them who appears to have legit stuff, def an upgrade over kimbrel!

5 walks per 9 a huge concern tho. i dunno i want a guy walking dudes in 9th of a playoff game, his stuff filthy tho.
Big gamble taking on a guy that walks as many as he does for sure

Big gamble taking on a guy that walks as many as he does for sure

agreed, it would def make me nervous but not sure what else out there, i hate walks sspecially by pen late but still think i rather roll the dice with those and his stuff before i trust kimbrel to close a playoff game!

agreed, it would def make me nervous but not sure what else out there, i hate walks sspecially by pen late but still think i rather roll the dice with those and his stuff before i trust kimbrel to close a playoff game!
Also hearing that Crochet is planning on continuing to start until he has to shut it down so likely won't be available for the playoffs. Odd avenue to take to prosperity but I guess he just wants to be a starter and damn what anyone else says.

Also hearing that Crochet is planning on continuing to start until he has to shut it down so likely won't be available for the playoffs. Odd avenue to take to prosperity but I guess he just wants to be a starter and damn what anyone else says.

yea it sounds to me like he might end up staying put, doesn't make lot of sense to give chisox the kind of package they would prob want, next year their hand be forced and doesn't sound like he be much help to anyone this season.

Reactions: KJ
Think Dbacks did pretty well to get Puk who is under club control through 2026. They gave up a slugging prospect that's killed it in AA and AAA this season, 28 homers and .350 or so BA but his swing/miss rate is 42.9%! He played in Amarillo and Reno this season which are both great hitter's parks. The put him up for rule 5 and Cleveland took him but sent him back before the season, that should raise red flags. Rare to see a guy with 2.5 years of club control get traded at the deadline. Puk 4 starts were disaster but he's been very good since moving back to the pen.

If the Tigers do absolutely nothing they will be the favorites to win the AL Central next season

If the Tigers do absolutely nothing they will be the favorites to win the AL Central next season

i hate they gonna move these guys, imo they every bit as good minny and cle now the offense just got off to such a horrific start this year. i think it crazy to move a dude like skubal, i sign him! flaherty i could understand but they better get a legit hitting prospect.

sounds like cardinals have or bout to get Fedde, no shocker there he a very cardinal move. pretty much bout what i would expect, they sending edman to dodgers so they even offsetting his salary cause these cheap fucks don't want to add any of that for next year! even tho i think goldy be coming off the books, guess they just gonna pocket that money.

oh shit little shocked tommy pham coming over also, i didn't think they want him cause they labeled him a malcontent when he was here!

dunno what cards have given up yet other than edman to lad, lad getting a reliever from cws, i assume we sending a prospect or 2 or maybe carlson to chisox.

apparently edman the only piece cards moved what i'm hearing. that actually a pretty strong trade if so. doesn't make me love team but it one the better trades they have made recently if it was only edman and no prospects.

not sure why lad would ship chisox the prospects just to get a messed up wrist edman and a chisox reliever? doesn't make lot of sense but whatever, for once i can say good job cards.

flaherty must be on the move, they pulled him out of starting tonight, i havnt heard where he going tho.

Back