Trade Deadline Thread

This is what happens with baseball cardinals fans at trade deadline, we start talking football!! Lmao
Been massaging Dbacks fan egos on FB for awhile. LAD and SD makes us irrelevant for at least 3 more years. Time to load up on prospects for bait when we are.buyers.

The WR Corp without DHop last year showed the problem. They were never getting open. Kyler in the pocket gets passes batted down. Not new. If Ertz is our best option we're screwed.
He helped me so much in my PPR league with D-Hop sidelined

Definitely like what the Padres did, but still think the Mets are the best team in the NL with DeGrom back. Going to be hard to win a playoff series with him and Max.

Padres will probably be about 5-1 now.

Houston is Yankees kryptonite, should be interesting if they meet in the playoffs. Blue Jays can go on a run.

Definitely like what the Padres did, but still think the Mets are the best team in the NL with DeGrom back. Going to be hard to win a playoff series with him and Max.

Padres will probably be about 5-1 now.

Houston is Yankees kryptonite, should be interesting if they meet in the playoffs. Blue Jays can go on a run.
Seattle pitching will be a bitch for anyone now too. Interesting playoffs upcoming.

NL: Mets, Pads, LAD

Pressure on Pads for sure

AL: Stros, Yanks, M's, Jays

Not even sure who I like of all of them

Seattle pitching will be a bitch for anyone now too. Interesting playoffs upcoming.

NL: Mets, Pads, LAD

Pressure on Pads for sure

AL: Stros, Yanks, M's, Jays

Not even sure who I like of all of them

Mariners will be tough. Agree. Should be a great playoffs.

Pads will have Bell, Drury, Soto, Tatis, Machado, Cronenworrth and Profar..pretty scary. Their problem is always scoring runs and they fixed that.

Braves could do it again too, but I never like mlb teams to repeat.

Reactions: KJ
Braves are a GM's dream. They get Swanson locked up the infield is set for a decade so really just need to focus on pitching. Occasional bat in the OF shouldn't be real stressful to come by.

Braves are a GM's dream. They get Swanson locked up the infield is set for a decade so really just need to focus on pitching. Occasional bat in the OF shouldn't be real stressful to come by.

Their pitching is loaded. If Soroka comes back watch out.

I don’t think they getting Swanson locked up, they have done a fantastic job getting so many they have early on pretty fair long term deals but Swanson playing it out to hit fa and maximize his dollars it appears. Regardless what he does they have a amazing core locked up for foreseeable future.

I don’t think they getting Swanson locked up, they have done a fantastic job getting so many they have early on pretty fair long term deals but Swanson playing it out to hit fa and maximize his dollars it appears. Regardless what he does they have a amazing core locked up for foreseeable future.
My thinking is that he's from around there and Braves were his team as a kid, probably bumping his value and will still give ATL the first shot. But no doubt there may be too much to turn down elsewhere.

I’m sure the clown fans who call into the local sports shows not gonna be thrilled but I’m pretty shocked the radio schmucks actually seem super happy today. They sad no Soto but they seem super pumped bout Montgomery and Quintana! Lol. I think the disconnect here is these idiots actually believe Mikolas and waino are a legit 1-2!! In fact I know they believe this cause yesterday one of them said Rodon would be our 3!! Lol. Imo Rodon better than anyone on our staff and I think we needed a guy with legit ace stuff!! I’m usually a defender of guys who pitch to contact but this day and age to be a legit contender your 1-2 gotta have swing and miss stuff!!!! I just don’t think you gonna have a ton of success pitching to pads new lineup, Braves, lad without the ability to blow a pitch by someone when you need it!! Maybe you can 1 game but 2-3 times in a series? Not likely.

So I’m not upset bout soto, I never really believed they would get him and damn sure didn’t think he made us a WS contender like everyone around here was telling themselves he did (not with this pitching staff!). I’m still annoyed we got a solid #3/4 type guy in Montgomery and a rental innings eater in Quintana while holding on to all our precious prospects of which hardly any will ever amount to anything! You can’t deal one of them and some lessor guys for a front end starter? Yanks did just that! Seattle dealt 2 and they got a guy with legit front end stuff and another year of control! I’d take Castillo for 2 playoffs runs over 2 our prospects for however long any day! I remember when Bader was one those coveted prospects they refused to deal and now we trade him for a guy that a team trying to win the WS felt they had to upgrade over!! Just like in 3-4 years these guys cards refused to trade will have proved to be decent big leaguers at best!! That what annoys me!!

I’m sure the clown fans who call into the local sports shows not gonna be thrilled but I’m pretty shocked the radio schmucks actually seem super happy today. They sad no Soto but they seem super pumped bout Montgomery and Quintana! Lol. I think the disconnect here is these idiots actually believe Mikolas and waino are a legit 1-2!! In fact I know they believe this cause yesterday one of them said Rodon would be our 3!! Lol. Imo Rodon better than anyone on our staff and I think we needed a guy with legit ace stuff!! I’m usually a defender of guys who pitch to contact but this day and age to be a legit contender your 1-2 gotta have swing and miss stuff!!!! I just don’t think you gonna have a ton of success pitching to pads new lineup, Braves, lad without the ability to blow a pitch by someone when you need it!! Maybe you can 1 game but 2-3 times in a series? Not likely.

So I’m not upset bout soto, I never really believed they would get him and damn sure didn’t think he made us a WS contender like everyone around here was telling themselves he did (not with this pitching staff!). I’m still annoyed we got a solid #3/4 type guy in Montgomery and a rental innings eater in Quintana while holding on to all our precious prospects of which hardly any will ever amount to anything! You can’t deal one of them and some lessor guys for a front end starter? Yanks did just that! Seattle dealt 2 and they got a guy with legit front end stuff and another year of control! I’d take Castillo for 2 playoffs runs over 2 our prospects for however long any day! I remember when Bader was one those coveted prospects they refused to deal and now we trade him for a guy that a team trying to win the WS felt they had to upgrade over!! Just like in 3-4 years these guys cards refused to trade will have proved to be decent big leaguers at best!! That what annoys me!!
Who's to say that Cards don't have another Zac Gallen waiting?

Back