tOSU @ USC thread

• Thread starter Thread starter O-State
  • Start date Start date
Suprised that Herbstreit said hes not suprised at all at what a big dog OSU came out to be

herbie is so fuckin anti-buckeyes on espn it's ridiculous. he overcompensates so he doesn't look biased. some of the stuff that he says is so far off the other way that it makes him look ridiculous...i hate hearing him talk buckeyes

herbie is so fuckin anti-buckeyes on espn it's ridiculous. he overcompensates so he doesn't look biased. some of the stuff that he says is so far off the other way that it makes him look ridiculous...i hate hearing him talk buckeyes

agree. he'll go on 1460 and talk about how osu has the athletes to play with SC on thursday, then on saturday, he'll make his pick and say "it will be a close game but inthe end USC wins with superior athleticism and speed"

<TABLE class=formWrapper style="WIDTH: 95%; HEIGHT: 100%"><TBODY><TR><TH class=formHeader vAlign=top><TABLE id=tableHeader width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=defaultFont align=left>General Alert! </TD><TD> </TD><TD class=defaultFont align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TH></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" vAlign=top align=left>Time/Date: 09/11/2008 12:50:49 PM
Ohio State RB Chris Wells Doubtful
Ohio State RB Chris Wells (toe) downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs USC after missing practice

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

When Booty went down last year didn't Sanchez struggle in the games he played, and barely squeaked one out against ARizona or someone?

Just thinking about this, and how he missed some of the off season. Could his performance last week be somewhat of a fluke? How good is Virginia? We don't know yet. I'm really starting to like the under on this one.

Ya, in his first game (Against 2-5 Arizona)
CP/ATT YDS TD INT
Mark Sanchez 19/31 130 1 2

In this game USC was down till the 4th quarter, and they won 20-13.

IN his second start (Against Oregon)

CP/ATT YDS TD INT
Mark Sanchez 26/41 277 2 2

I think the question is what is this USC team like. ARe they the high scoring power offense they had with Leinhart and Bush. Or are they the same team as they were last year. Last year they were a good team, but I didn't feel they were the same explosive team. I think a lot has to do with their quarterback play.

I don't know if we know enough about Sanchez to really make a play on USC.

He is 2-1 in his 3 starts.

A late comeback win against Arizona. (20-13)

A loss to a good Oregon team. (24-17)

A blowout win against a Virginia team (52-7), of who we have no idea how good they really are. And, i don't see a good season coming for them.

So Sanchez did play good against Virginia, but who is to say when he has the pressure of playing for a "National Championship" type game he won't fold. In his only other game of this importance was Oregon, and we see how that game faired.

Just some thoughts....

Sanchez is talented but unproven in my mind...we'll see how he does without the benefit of his RB's ripping off 5 to 7 yd runs every down like they did vs UVA...play action won't be as readily available.

Back