Torrey Pines Week....Wednesday Through Saturday(And Dubai)

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Well, with the NFL expanding to 18 weeks this year we are seeing adjustments for other sports. The PGA has already flipped Pebble and Phoenix so that the Waste Management stays with Super Bowl weekend. The other change is here, as Torry used to have this slot to itself but now would be competing with Championship Sunday so we get the rare Wed-Sat tournament. This also gives us some PRIMETIME Golf for the final rounds Fri and Sat on CBS. No problem in my book, this should be fun!

Star studded field as always at Torrey...

Obviously Rahm won the US Open here last summer... and Patrick Reeed ran away with the Farmers last January...

Leaderboard for 2021 Farmers had the likes of...

Reed
Finau
Palmer
X
Rahm
Will Z

in the top 10..

Horses for courses, we all know the guys who play well here. Mr Rahm is right at the top, no doubt.

Don't forget they play North for one round Wed/Thurs...

We also have Dubai Desert Classic for morning viewing...great field as well...

Rory
Vic
Collin Mori
Hatton
Lowry
Garcia
Pieters
Scott
Fleetwood

These rankings are comprised of SG: App (27%), Driving Distance (20%), Par 4: 450-500 (19%), Par 5: 550-600 (19%) and SG: Putting POA (15%).

1. Jon Rahm (+750)
  2. Bryson DeChambeau (+2000)
  3. Maverick McNealy (+7000)
  4. Matthew Wolff (+6600)
  5. Justin Thomas (+1200)
  6. Luke List (+7000)
  7. Daniel Berger (+2200)
  8. Hank Lebioda (+35000)
  9. Sam Burns (+2500)
  10. Tom Hoge (+8000)

These rankings are comprised of SG: App (27%), Driving Distance (20%), Par 4: 450-500 (19%), Par 5: 550-600 (19%) and SG: Putting POA (15%).

1. Jon Rahm (+750)
  2. Bryson DeChambeau (+2000)
  3. Maverick McNealy (+7000)
  4. Matthew Wolff (+6600)
  5. Justin Thomas (+1200)
  6. Luke List (+7000)
  7. Daniel Berger (+2200)
  8. Hank Lebioda (+35000)
  9. Sam Burns (+2500)
  10. Tom Hoge (+8000)
Love this, was a big help last year identifying value.

I hit Bryson at 20-1 and Wolff at 70-1.....couple of bombers. Rough isn't very tough here so not worried about some spray off the tee.

I hit Bryson at 20-1 and Wolff at 70-1.....couple of bombers. Rough isn't very tough here so not worried about some spray off the tee.
I think it's a good time to back Bryson, at the very least in DFS.

Four full tourney match ups for me this week:

Hoge-115 vs Day: coming off a 2nd last week. And I look for spots to face Day. I think this is a good one.

Niemann-110 vs Tringale: I think Joaquin is one to follow this year.

Berger -115 vs Bryson: Bryson possible wrist issue and I think Berger is going to be solid this year. But man I hate his putting stroke…

Burns-115 vs DJ: DJ hadn’t played since October. Can’t help but feel this is a tune up week and knock the rust off. Clearly capable but also love Burns this year.

Good luck guys with your wagers!

I’ve heard he has a wrist issue. Tread lightly imo.
He WD from Sony with wrist soreness, but said he could have played. Will certainly keep me from going deep on him, but still makes a high upside contrarian play in DFS

that Berger bet looks tasty, think I’ll take a bite.
Berger's history with this event is not good (3/4 MC), but he did finish T7 at the US Open here last year. Berger's one of those guys who plays much better on Bermuda, right? There's no doubting his form coming in though.

I took Streelman -115 over Joel Dahmen for 2.5 units. Because I'm a golf dork and watch old highlights on Youtube all the time, I noticed that Streelman was around the top of the leaderboard for most of the famous 08 US Open at Torrey. I looked at his record there since, and it's sneaky good. Not sure he'll be a threat to win, but pretty good chance he gets a top 25. Dahmen does have a t9 here from a few years ago, but nothing else too scary. So congrats to Dahmen on winning this year's Farmer's lol

Berger's history with this event is not good (3/4 MC), but he did finish T7 at the US Open here last year. Berger's one of those guys who plays much better on Bermuda, right? There's no doubting his form coming in though.
I’m a fan of Berger and him going against Bryson, over 4 days is enough for me to bite for a unit. Could very well be wrong and Bryson puts together four solid rounds but at least I’ll have @RBTrojan to blame, lol

Four full tourney match ups for me this week:

Hoge-115 vs Day: coming off a 2nd last week. And I look for spots to face Day. I think this is a good one.

Niemann-110 vs Tringale: I think Joaquin is one to follow this year.

Berger -115 vs Bryson: Bryson possible wrist issue and I think Berger is going to be solid this year. But man I hate his putting stroke…

Burns-115 vs DJ: DJ hadn’t played since October. Can’t help but feel this is a tune up week and knock the rust off. Clearly capable but also love Burns this year.

Good luck guys with your wagers!
Let's do this Tom Hoge!

GL on the rest, might dabble in rounds after the cut

I’m a fan of Berger and him going against Bryson, over 4 days is enough for me to bite for a unit. Could very well be wrong and Bryson puts together four solid rounds but at least I’ll have @RBTrojan to blame, lol
It's the first two that are the concern for me with him, if both play four rounds I like the wager

Announcer just mentioned how DJ loves using the green books and this is his first tournament without being able to use it

Always feels like the winner needs to go at least -5 on the North

And no I haven't looked it up, but you start around even on it then expect to go low 3 days in a row on the South isn't sound strategy

Rd 2 3-ball plays using SG data from round 1 on the South course:

Niemann over Matsuyama/Day +175

Streelman
over Clark/Straka +150

The guy on the first tee just announced “Bruce Koepka from West Palm Beach, Florida”

allegedly that’s Pat Perez’s father, Tony

Holy cow, anyone see the shot tracer on Finau just now? It was incorrect and he hit a good shot but it looked like he was going right at the hospitality tents

DJ with the LA Golf Project putter shaft

$500+ for their driver shafts didn’t know they did putters

Round 3 only at the Farmers:

Billy Horschel -160 vs Bill Haas: I know it’s a lot of wood to lay but horschel is owgr 23 and haas is outside the top 600. Horschel generally very accurate with the driver whereas haas usually not so much… seems like a great spot for a bounce back round after struggling in round 2. Horschel has struggled on the South course in the past but the numbers and situation seem to point in his favor in this spot. It’s golf though so who the hell knows!

Third Round 3-ball based on South Course SG:Putting data. Taking golfers that appear to have the flat stick working a little better..knowing how fleeting that can be.

Pendrith over Rose/Bezuidenhout +240

Sigg over Lebioda/Lahiri +160

McNealy over Thonpson/Molinari +150

Montgomery over Redman/Scheffler +280

Final Round 3-ball using SG data with educated guesswork on motivation.

Chappell over Griffin/Lipsky +240

Yul Noh over Ortiz/Pan +240

Rai over Zalatoris/Day +240

Great tournament… congrats to Luke List… zalatoris needs to putt better. Lost the bet, but glad to see Day looks healthy…

2-3 on the week… looking very forward to Pebble next week. I hope you guys did well with your wagers…

Another great tourney in deed. Gilmore caddy should’ve came thru though. Solid kid and player. Good for list picking up his first win. 4-3, picking up some loose change.

Back