Tonight, the series starts...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
23-23-1 +7.04 units

You know why? Old Coach Chuck daly's theory. A series doesn't start till a team wins a road game.

LA Lakers ML +160 5 units

Im Leaning Towards The Lakers....but Its Still A Tough One To Pull The Trigger On...but It Always Helps To See You On It :shake:

So far Lakers series were the easiest to call of all series. Tonight they should do the job or be very close. Agree on the units, still thinking ML or line.
Best of luck!

Thats all the sugar you can give me?:pillow:

SAN ANTONIO — The Lakers left the arena and in a demonstration of how much closer a team they are than in previous seasons went out to eat. A group led by Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher went to a postgame dinner late Sunday night and ran through the disappointments of Game 3 further.

“We got a chance to talk about things, and we understand where we are and what’s at stake,” Fisher said, “and that we have to come back and play more as a team and have a better understanding of what we’re trying to do out there on the floor.”

The Lakers got back on the AT&T Center court for an early Monday gathering that wasn’t going to be much of a practice (Bryant’s shoelaces were untied, so you could tell). But some of the Lakers who let down were out there on the court: Sasha Vujacic was jacking up tons of jumpers after he missed all four jumpers he took Sunday night, and Lamar Odom was there practicing his foul shots, as promised, after his 3-for-8 effort.

It wasn’t exactly a panic-attack environment, though. Trevor Ariza was there with Odom, imitating Odom’s deliberate foot movements and then left-handed free throws. Jordan Farmar was playing around and trying to mimic Tony Parker’s tumbling flip shots from the paint.

Phil Jackson seemed eager to get into the film room with his team, saying he wanted to ask Bryant to explain his shot selection on some quick ones he took early in the game. He was asked about expanding Ariza’s role and was noncommittal.

I know a lot of people are intrigued by Ariza as a possible solution against Manu Ginobili or just in general providing more athleticism and activity, but the reality is that this guy hasn’t played game-level intensity for more than four months. Jackson isn’t going to stick Ariza, who isn’t a strong offensive player anyway, in there and disrupt all the team flow the Lakers have established unless there is something very specific that needs to get done.

:popcorn:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=quote>Looking back, Kobe Bryant was asked at practice Monday, should he have taken over the game earlier?

``No,'' Bryant said, ``because our defense was terrible.''

Bryant scored 12 points in the fourth quarter of Game 3 Sunday night.

His work helped the Lakers whittle San Antonio's 20-point lead in the fourth quarter down to 12 points.

Bryant was 4-for-6 from three-point range in the fourth.

But he was right. The Lakers couldn't stop the Spurs.

All it turned out to be was Bryant and the Lakers scoring and then the Spurs scoring right back.

The Lakers have to play better defense.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes, the Lakers have home-court advantage over the San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference finals.

But, no, the Lakes don't want to rely on that to get them past the Spurs.

Too much can happen.

So the Lakers aren't thinking that if they lose Game 4 Tuesday night, they will automatically win Game 5 at Staples Center Thursday night.

The Lakers haven't lost a game at home during the playoffs, posting a 7-0 at Staples Center.

If the series between the Lakers and Spurs were to go seven games, Los Angeles would host that game.

But the Lakers don't want to take that chance. They want to win Game 4.

``We want to get it in the worst way,'' Kobe Bryant said. ``We learned from the series in Utah and playing in that tough environment and the kind of energy we have to play with. We want to come out here and get it.''

:popcorn:

they've been working with ODOM for a couple days now specifically on getting him more involved effectively on the offensive side of the game.

ODOM and the LAKESHOW looks like the way to go here - good luck !

Aww, sheeeeet.....

oh_snap.gif

nah really, in all reality, I agree, this will be a close game and the Lakers may steal it. I'm not playing it since I'm kinda disappointed at the line, but if you ask me what the right side here I'll say Lakers.

I will support the Spurs though ;).

Chuck daly coached back when the nba was a mans game.

Now , there are more men playing in the wnba than the nba.

23-23-1 +7.04 units

You know why? Old Coach Chuck daly's theory. A series doesn't start till a team wins a road game.

LA Lakers ML +160 5 units

This was the long and detailed write up I was looking forward too? :36_11_6::moose::popcorn:

Not sure how you account for officiating when choosing a side, but it would have come in very handy tonight for sure...

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::tiphat::bow::smiley_acbk::smiley_acbk::smiley_acbk::smiley_acbk::smiley_acbk::line::line::line::line:money;money;money;money;money;money;money;money;money;money;money;money;:smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm::10_8_12::10_8_12::10_8_12::10_8_12::10_8_12::10_8_12::10_8_12:

Tailed ya, ty sir

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Back