Tom Brady Suspension Nullified

Patriots alternate spreads -20.5 every game this season lol

belichick should run the score up

fuck the NFL

Not shocking if you read the Welles Report or listened to the judge's comments made during the hearings.

It is laughable the NFL thought that report would ever stand up. I'm a lawyer and I have never seen a document that weak offered in court--state or federal--as proof of anything. Every lawyer I know who read it thought it was absurd to even attempt to use that document in court.

In fact, you would get an F if you offered that weak a document in moot court in law school.

Even worse, as the judge told the NFL in court over and over, it didn't prove a thing. So it was amateurish AND it didn't contain any factual proof of anything.

And even worse, the NFL delayed proceedings when they first received the Welles Report because even the NFL realized it didn't prove anything and told the investigators to go back and find some additional proof. And even after that it contained no proof. The few facts contained in the report proved Brady and the Pats DIDN'T deflate the footballs.

Add in the lies and misinformation the NFL spread to the press, the lack of due process, and the fact the NFL refused to let Pash--the NFL lawyer who relayed information to the Patriots about the investigation--testify and there was no chance a judge was going to let the suspension stand.

On top of that, the judge told the NFL over and over, in open court, that there was no proof and that he had the power to set aside the suspension so they should settle the case. He didn't warn Brady and his lawyers, just the NFL. So his ruling is no surprise at all.

The only surprise to me is that Goodell still has his job. The NFL has been the gold standard for years on how to run a successful business and now for two straight years the big story has not been what is happening on the field, but the reversals of virtually every decision the commissioner makes.

I'll be surprised if Goodell survives this one though.

what is the point of even having a commissioner? goddell has about as much leverage in the NFL as i do

Back