Toledo?

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
You're slashing this horse shit Ball State team up and down the field and on 1st and 10 inside the red zone you have to run a gimmick play. Nice 4th INT by your left handed RB trying to loft a pass over 2 DBs. This program has been caught shaving points before. Correct?

Scooter McDougal

Marsski,

Interested in Candle's reputation within the league. Seemed a little unnecessary to go play action with less than two minutes to go. I wasn't sure if there is some bad blood there. Also understand how irritating it is to have Ball State in hurray up when they are down 20+ most of the 4th quarter.

Over coaching by Toledo. This team will be exposed vs a decent Bowl team. Their coach is the shits. Very nice team total over cover however. That game was painful to watch

maybe since they were up by a zillion and had no chance of losing, the coach allowed the kids to have some fun and try some of the fun plays they have been trying out. how many times in his life is that rb gonna get a chance to throw a td? its easy as degenerates to realize that sometimes these teams are thinking about more than covering the spread

Marsski,

Interested in Candle's reputation within the league. Seemed a little unnecessary to go play action with less than two minutes to go. I wasn't sure if there is some bad blood there. Also understand how irritating it is to have Ball State in hurray up when they are down 20+ most of the 4th quarter.

I'm not aware of any beef between Ball/Toledo. Candle definitely doesn't mind pouring it on though...

To the point-shaving point, I'd respond with Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Agree with points that you could call this over-coaching or also coach letting the kids have a some fun in a game they clearly were going to win. In any event, looked a lot more to me like stupidity/hubris than sandbagging/point-shaving - and I sold points to play Rockets -21 (+120)

Last edited:
The total was what was effected, not spreads, unless I'm missing a second half line.

Toledo, they don't need a razor to shave.

maybe since they were up by a zillion and had no chance of losing, the coach allowed the kids to have some fun and try some of the fun plays they have been trying out. how many times in his life is that rb gonna get a chance to throw a td? its easy as degenerates to realize that sometimes these teams are thinking about more than covering the spread

It can also put something on tape for future opponents but still frustrating for us.

Back