To those who think Elii is an elite QB

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Brees
65.7% comp
7.5 per att
272ypg
336 TDs/169 INTs (avgs 31 TDs/15 INTs per season)
94.7rtg

5 straight seasons with 30 or more TDs, last two season 40+

ELI career stats
58.4% comp
7.1 per att
232ypg
220 TD/159 INTs (avg's 22TD /16 INTs per season)
81.8rtg

1 season of 30+ TDs

only 2 seasons where he threw less than 15 INTs

I'd take Brees.. Hey Brees won a SB too and his defense wasn't all that great that season.... Brees>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ELI

Having short term memory is good for you as a sports bettor but if you seriously think the giants would have won those rings without Eli you're nuts.

Well no not if he retires today. That was a stretch. But he's basically already in.

Bingo.
Phil Simms is in the hall of fame. His career qb rating is 78.5 passing yards 33,462 Completion % 55.4

Eli is 58.4% 33,248 yards 81.8 rating.

I'm going on record here.

I would right now now take every single HOF QB if I'm starting a team before I take Eli. Every one of them.

for a homer that's the biggest homer statement you've ever made. several QBs could have won the SB with that giants team, they probably wouldn't have been wild cards with a better QB, they might have been a dynasty. but lower your standards and you get just a couple.

Brees also has the luxury of playing in a dome for his half of his career games. Another reason the stats are meaningless.

By the way ill be the first to admit hes been awful this year. Just extremely careless. A lot of the interceptions are him and wide outs not being on the same page, but he still has been very bad.

I'm not even trying to be on Elis side. He's not a good regular season QB. I still don't get the point of this thread.

i loved to watch jake plummer and his 4th quarter comebacks, it made him one of the best comeback QBs in nfl history

it also meant he was a pretty subpar QB most of the time and put his team in those precarious positions, and that's not far off from what eli has done

good 2 minute drill guys are out there all over the place

More excuses for Eli.. Giants defense helped out a lot in those playoff victories..

Fuck even Mark Sanchez has two playoff wins and he was never good.

How is anything I wrote an excuse for Eli? I'm not an Eli fan, nor a Giants fan so I don't see your point. I pretty simply stated the difference between guys seen as awesome because they put up big numbers and guys that just seem to win. You started this thread, no one in here has actually called Eli elite, yet you're somehow still arguing the point ad nauseum. There aren't too many, if any, guys in here who are really arguing with you about whether Eli is an elite QB.

Brees
65.7% comp
7.5 per att
272ypg
336 TDs/169 INTs (avgs 31 TDs/15 INTs per season)
94.7rtg

5 straight seasons with 30 or more TDs, last two season 40+

ELI career stats
58.4% comp
7.1 per att
232ypg
220 TD/159 INTs (avg's 22TD /16 INTs per season)
81.8rtg

1 season of 30+ TDs

only 2 seasons where he threw less than 15 INTs

I'd take Brees.. Hey Brees won a SB too and his defense wasn't all that great that season.... Brees>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ELI

Again, who are you arguing with? Has someone said Eli is better than Brees in this thread? You started the damn thread...lol

Does anyone know what Drew Brees record is in the postseason? Also what his record is without Sean Payton as the head coach? Please dont post stats. Colt Brennan put up huge stats also.

I'm not even trying to be on Elis side. He's not a good regular season QB. I still don't get the point of this thread.

Exactly. Its not like his team wins 13 games a year, thats fairly obvious. They struggle to sneak into the playoffs and he throws a lot of picks. He also is one of the greatest if not the greatest postseason qb of all time.

Can't compare Eli's stats with Rodgers' and Brees', their teams have had zero running game and they lived almost exclusively from passing the ball. No doubts, those two, also Peyton and Tom are better QBs than Eli, it's not even debatable. However, Superbowl time (or in a tough playoff game), you need a TD in your last drive, I take Eli over any of those guys.

Again, who are you arguing with? Has someone said Eli is better than Brees in this thread? You started the damn thread...lol

Yes plenty of people were saying Eli was an elite QB and even saying he might be better than Peyton.. which is silly.

Can't compare Eli's stats with Rodgers' and Brees', their teams have had zero running game and they lived almost exclusively from passing the ball. No doubts, those two, also Peyton and Tom are better QBs than Eli, it's not even debatable. However, Superbowl time (or in a tough playoff game), you need a TD in your last drive, I take Eli over any of those guys.

Yeah but doesn't not having a running game make it harder to pass the ball. I don't know if that's a good argument to use.

Yes plenty of people were saying Eli was an elite QB and even saying he might be better than Peyton.. which is silly.

I asked if anyone said he was better than Brees. You compared their stats to each other as if someone had. There is maybe one person in this thread arguing that Eli is elite.

Back on topic.. Warren moon, Randall Cunningham, and daunte culpepper all had comeback seasons for the Vikings... Josh freeman... Elite?!?! Hof, rings on lock. Cash money.

You won't find in depth drunk capping like that any where else on the net. :shake:

Kurt Warner was a stud in the playoffs. Still mad the stealers beat the cards.

I'm pretty sure dilfer has the longest completion in playoff history. Assuming it was a screen pass.

i can't stay on topic.. Sorry gyno

2623837d2c8aaa7ade61f8ef5df206d0_large

thinking about putting on a few pounds and trying to walk on to the giants at an offensive lineman position

Back