• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

ELI career stats
58.4% comp
7.1 per att
232ypg
220 TD/159 INTs (avg's 22TD /16 INTs per season)
81.8rtg

1 season of 30+ TDs

only 2 seasons where he threw less than 15 INTs

Rodgers
65.8% comp
8.2 per att
258ypg
180 TD/49 INTs (avg's 32 TDs/9 INTs per season)
105rtg

Has thrown for 28 or more TDs in every season

Brees
65.7% comp
7.5 per att
272ypg
336 TDs/169 INTs (avgs 31 TDs/15 INTs per season)
94.7rtg

5 straight seasons with 30 or more TDs, last two season 40+

Brady
63.5% comp
7.5 per att
252ypg
341/126 (avgs 30TDs/11 INTs per season)
96.1 rtg

1 season he threw 50 TDs, 7 seasons of 28 or more TDs

If you look at these stats its pretty clear that Eli is not as good as these guys but its also clear he's not in the same league..

He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath of these guys.. They have superior stats all around.

Dilfer and Brad johnson have rings too. Marino doesn't..

I forget there are 11 players on the field on both sides of the ball..

I don't have stats to back it up but I'd take Roethlisraper as my QB over a lot of the guys who put up gaudy stats. The dude picks up more third and longs with unimpressive receivers than any QB I've ever seen. He's a leader, and does what he has to do to make his team win.

I agree that Eli is an average QB who luckboxed his way into one ring. At times he looks very good, and at times he looks shitty... When he's good he's very good.

Eli-Breaking-Bad.jpg

Remember a couple years ago when people were actually seriously suggesting he was better than Peyton lmaoooooo

Without looking can you name that QB? Career #'s listed below.

QB 1:
31,075 Yds
63.1 Comp %
196 TD
113 Int
92.3 Rating
131 Games

QB 2:
29,501 Yds
64.1 Comp %
202 TD
98 Int
95.3 Rating
121 Games

QB 3:
27,260 Yds
65.1 Comp %
190 TD
90 Int
96.6 Rating
120 Games

QB 4:
33,248 Yds
58.4 Comp %
220 TD
159 Int
81.8 Rating
143 Games

Which is your franchise QB if you had to choose?

the guy does have 2 super bowl's his brother has 1 and his brother was on a better team INDY

QB 1:
31,075 Yds
63.1 Comp %
196 TD
113 Int
92.3 Rating
131 Games

QB 2:
29,501 Yds
64.1 Comp %
202 TD
98 Int
95.3 Rating
121 Games

QB 3:
27,260 Yds
65.1 Comp %
190 TD
90 Int
96.6 Rating
120 Games

QB 4:
33,248 Yds
58.4 Comp %
220 TD
159 Int
81.8 Rating
143 Games

I'd probably take QB 4. The numbers tell me he probably has ice in his veins come playoff time.

the giants also have been a RUNNING team. Going by those stats alone is being a bit ignorant

nobody is saying or ever said that eli is a great regular season quarterback but in sports (except for maybe baseball) you are ultimately judged by how you play in the postseason...

Eli beat Brady and the big bad Patriots in the superbowl, not once but TWICE. He could stop playing now and he's in the HOF

Football is the ultimate team sport IMO, and we sometimes forget how difficult it really is to consistently be good and on top... especially in the NFL. Eli does deserve some blame but pinning this 0-6 start on him is ridiculous.

I've always said Eli and Ben both grossly overrated...got buddies that will argue with me about it non-stop. They both had great defenses and running games that were really the reason those "teams" won rings.

the giants also have been a RUNNING team. Going by those stats alone is being a bit ignorant

nobody is saying or ever said that eli is a great regular season quarterback but in sports (except for maybe baseball) you are ultimately judged by how you play in the postseason...

Eli beat Brady and the big bad Patriots in the superbowl, not once but TWICE. He could stop playing now and he's in the HOF

Football is the ultimate team sport IMO, and we sometimes forget how difficult it really is to consistently be good and on top... especially in the NFL. Eli does deserve some blame but pinning this 0-6 start on him is ridiculous.

Yes, Eli was the winning QB in those 2 SB's. But to say HE won those games is a bit ignorant no? As you said he had a lot of assistance from a running game and lets not forget a pretty decent defense that held that All-World Pats O under 20 pts.

To say someone is elite based on the fact they've won a championship or two alone is also a bit narrow minded. In that case Trent Dilfer is Peyton Manning's equal? Not even close. Yes winning in the postseason is important but shouldn't be the only metric either. Just like stats shouldn't be the only metric as well. Marino doesn't have a ring so would you consider him an elite QB?

Elite to me means among the best of the best. As Gyno said Eli is nowhere near Brady, Brees, Peyton,or Rogers IMO. And it isn't close. Not to mention Luck, Wilson, and I'd even have Ben over Eli. He's not terrible just not "elite"

QB 1:
31,075 Yds
63.1 Comp %
196 TD
113 Int
92.3 Rating
131 Games

QB 2:
29,501 Yds
64.1 Comp %
202 TD
98 Int
95.3 Rating
121 Games

QB 3:
27,260 Yds
65.1 Comp %
190 TD
90 Int
96.6 Rating
120 Games

QB 4:
33,248 Yds
58.4 Comp %
220 TD
159 Int
81.8 Rating
143 Games

1) Ben
2) Romo
3) Rivers
4) Eli

For the umpteenth time. Eli = Romo with rings. Good QBs with self destruct buttons. Eli had fortune & a defense, Romo had neither

More asinine comments from blind giants fans..

Eli avgs 32.7 pass att per game
Rodgers 31.8 pass att per game

Brady 33.1

WTF dude.. How many excuses are you going to give the guy.. Rings argument is dumb.

The thing that messes up any of these convos about elite QBs is fantasy football imo. Some guys don't put up the gaudy stats that FF dudes drool over, but when they're in a tight game or a playoff game, they raise their level of play and win games. Eli and Ben are two great example of this...while they may not be "elite" when you simply look at their fantasy football numbers, they have both elevated their play in the playoffs more than once to win SBs. Fantasy football basically ruins how we, as fans, look at certain guys.

Most teams in the NFL would give anything to have Ben or Eli at the helm, outside of the select few teams with Brady, Rodgers, etc. You shouldn't have to put up huge number to justify yourself being a good or great NFL QB, but that's what it's become in the fantasy football era.

Yes, Eli was the winning QB in those 2 SB's. But to say HE won those games is a bit ignorant no? As you said he had a lot of assistance from a running game and lets not forget a pretty decent defense that held that All-World Pats O under 20 pts.

To say someone is elite based on the fact they've won a championship or two alone is also a bit narrow minded. In that case Trent Dilfer is Peyton Manning's equal? Not even close. Yes winning in the postseason is important but shouldn't be the only metric either. Just like stats shouldn't be the only metric as well. Marino doesn't have a ring so would you consider him an elite QB?

Elite to me means among the best of the best. As Gyno said Eli is nowhere near Brady, Brees, Peyton,or Rogers IMO. And it isn't close. Not to mention Luck, Wilson, and I'd even have Ben over Eli. He's not terrible just not "elite"

Eli never touched the top 7 or 8 best QBs.. He is inconsistent and throws way too many INTs.. He and his defense got hot in the playoffs a couple of times and they won a couple of SBs, barely! Needed a miracle in one of them, a game where the Giants defense limited the Pats to 17 points.

The thing that messes up any of these convos about elite QBs is fantasy football imo. Some guys don't put up the gaudy stats that FF dudes drool over, but when they're in a tight game or a playoff game, they raise their level of play and win games. Eli and Ben are two great example of this...while they may not be "elite" when you simply look at their fantasy football numbers, they have both elevated their play in the playoffs more than once to win SBs. Fantasy football basically ruins how we, as fans, look at certain guys.

More excuses for Eli.. Giants defense helped out a lot in those playoff victories..

Fuck even Mark Sanchez has two playoff wins and he was never good.

with a better QB those super bowl wins may not have been even close as good as the giants defenses were

Dude Eli has some great two minute offense victories. The defense didn't put him in the position for the game winning drives. The nickname didn't just come out of thin air.

jake plummer was fucking clutch as well

it's 'cause he sucked the first 3 quarters...only reason you have to comeback is because you were behind

If your eyes can't see that Rodgers or Brees are much better QBs than I don't know what to say..

I can't believe a guy who was never considered by anyone with a clue a top 7-8 QB in the league is a shoe-in for the HOF..

81 QB rating. All those INTs..

fuck

The team has no running game. The OL is trash. Eli turns the ball over a lot, and theres no excuse for that. With that being said, unless he has a few more disasterful years, he should have a solid chance at the HOF. He did beat Brady twice in the superbowl, both times winning the mvp.

Im sorry, but 20 years from now, people will see the 2 mvps and not worry about this one season.

I know the game has changed a lot, but he will finish his career in the top 5 - 8 all time in passing yards. He will have at least 2 superbowl mvps. Thats a strong resume.

Its not about one season..... Its about the people who think he's an elite QB and the folks who think you can compare him to Brees, Rodgers or even his brother..

Peyton is twice the QB Eli ever was.

if his name was phil rivers and he accomplished the same thing, people would be wondering how he won 2 super bowls as shitty as his stats are

because it's manning, he *might* be, but a bunch better won't sniff the HOF. a bunch.

take your dominoes colored glasses off, he's won in spite of his actions, not because of them

Its not about one season..... Its about the people who think he's an elite QB and the folks who think you can compare him to Brees, Rodgers or even his brother..

Peyton is twice the QB Eli ever was.

You must have amnesia, did you not see Drew Brees last year?

Peyton might be twice the qb in the regular season, but Eli has been twice the qb in the postseason, stats and win loss prove that.

if his name was phil rivers and he accomplished the same thing, people would be wondering how he won 2 super bowls as shitty as his stats are

because it's manning, he *might* be, but a bunch better won't sniff the HOF. a bunch.

take your dominoes colored glasses off, he's won in spite of his actions, not because of them

These are shitty stats? Interesting.

[TABLE="class: wikitable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]2010[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]NYG[/TH]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]539[/TD]
[TD]339[/TD]
[TD]62.9[/TD]
[TD]4002[/TD]
[TD]7.4[/TD]