TNT Thursday NBA...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
36-28-1 +15.80 units

4-2 and up a small amount yesterday. The two bigger plays both lost. It happens though. I was going to moneyline the Knicks too, oh well.

A lot of hype leading up to this game tonight down in Orlando. Its the biggest regular season game in 14 years down there since the heydey of O'Neal/Penny. Coming off an excellent Western swing in which they won on three division leaders floors, the Magic have had several days to wait for the Boston game. The Celtics meanwhile have regained their swagger after the mini-slump and won with ease last night down in Miami in a game that wasn't as close as the final score indicated.

I mwant to look at the line first. Generally as we know there is a 6-7 point swing on lines from home and away between teams. This obviously can vary depending on venues, injuries, scheduling and circumstances. The game in early December was around 8 to 8.5 in favor of the Celtics. Now, Orlando was just starting to round into form then and Nelson sat out. This game tonight has lined up as 5 point Orlando chalk. Thats a 13 point variance. Obviously as stated before there are reasons but at same point is this a bit extreme? The games in Orlando last year were around 1 to 1.5 in favor of Orlando. Obviously Orlando is a very hot team right now that has been surging but imo the line is a bit high. Sometimes thats for a reason and other times a teams value is overstated for a particular situation.

The key to beating this Orlando team is to stop Dwight Howards from having a big impact. You may say "Well duh, BAR". Easier said than done. The one team that plays Howard better than any other team is Detroit. It's why Detroit has toyed with this team the past few years. It's also why Detroit is one of the last two teams to beat Orlando this year. Good inside defense limits Howard which makes the other cogs less effective. This is a great three point shooting team but they need it to work inside out to beat elite teams. Thats what was working out West.

In this years only meeting Boston held Dwight to 14 pts on 5-12 from the floor. Conversely the team shot 5-26 from behind the arc. Coincidence? Not so much. It's an easy recipe to beating the Magic. Its performing this task that is much harder to do.

Do I think Boston can do this? Absolutely. They have obviously one of the top defenses in the game. With KG and Perkins inside(who shook off rust hopefully last night) they can pack it in and make it tough for Howard with their size and length.

Now, thats my technical aspect to this play. Lets go to what I think is this biggest factor. Orlando is still an up and coming team. I have seen this all to often over the years. They have had 5 days to think about this matchup. The arena is going to be jammed and loud tonight. Their will be a lot of anticipation as the fans/team try and make a statement to the champs. Guess what, this leads to a lot of pressure and usually a defalting performance. Flip to the other side, championship teams love this situation. Nothing better than going into a hostile arena and showing the young pups your still boss. I think thats what happens tonight in this game. Lessons stillk to be learned....

Boston ML +175 2.5 units

why not just play the points? are you going "tru" style?

BOL. Like the play, but my left nut still isnt big enough to take money line, maybe by 5:30 it will.

Good luck BAR!
I find it a bit strange as well that Orlando, without Pietrus, with the same rosters both teams, as they were a year a go, getting such a line and last year it was +1. Should be a good game!

like it BAW:cheers:

imo...Celts win SU or lose ATS so I'll take the nice +180

reading thru local papers, Celts know what this meeting means to Orl and like you said, KG and company like nothing more then to go into hostile environments and play their game.

Gundy tryin to play it down but Nelson spoke of tryn to gain respect and being an elite team and who better then tonite on national stage against champs

agree 100%-- Boston can stop him, they stopped Shaq. The magic are all abotu howard, the rest of the team doesnt scare boston, reddick, nelson, are not scaring them.

Boston played great vs phoenix and miami, they are hot and when they are on, they usually beat the other good teams-

Orlando is okay but beating spurs and denver is not that impressive in my mind. they beat lakers but they cant defend the 3, boston can defend the 3, they have the perimeter D---

I agree in this spot the young team is lucky to win, and the vet teams show up and give it their all.

I have seen Howard struggle a lot, he owned a lot of Western teams bro because they had not seen him and dont know his game, as you said detroit knows him, and I think Boston knows him very well, east has the defense anyway, they can stop him, no one else on magic can kill boston driving to the hoop.

Also i think boston can score on orlando, as good as orlando has been, its the high % of 3's they are hitting, i think around 60% during their streak, they have not been stopping anyone really, hit 60% and its nearly impossible to lose a game.

It ends today, Boston is better team hands down, no doubts about that, they failed vs lakers and cavs, I think they make the statement again as they are playing hot and are a good matchup vs orlando IMO

Good luck back to tailing you now that you are back. Next time send me your computer and I will fix it, too long you were not here posting winning NBA plays.

:cheers:

Well done. When the Celts are clicking, there's nothing like it. I'm actually doubtful that either Cleveland or L.A. is capable of this kind of performance at Orlando on a B2B. When Boston is on their game, they're unbeatable. Great play.

solid play hit that moneyline hard also--

needed it after Oklohoma city and jeff green killed a huge moneyline parlay i had, assole hit a shot with 1.6 secs left and burned me hard, Thanks for the easy winner on boston

Well done. When the Celts are clicking, there's nothing like it. I'm actually doubtful that either Cleveland or L.A. is capable of this kind of performance at Orlando on a B2B. When Boston is on their game, they're unbeatable. Great play.

+1 on that sentiment. That was a clinic.

Thanks for the play BAR, you got a lot of making up to do...jp.

great call on that, btw, i did grow enough balls to jump on the ML.

Back