Two unit recommendations

Florida marlins at Atlanta Braves under 9 +100

One unit recommendations

Strong leans

Orioles/rangers under
New York Yankees
Detroit Tigers

Marlins/braves under 9 +100
Alright , there is a lot that I like about this particular play and I will give them in my bullet point style. Enjoy.

-Volstad is a hard throwing kid who enduces a lot of groundballs. Should play well against the Braves when they get men on base as they were 10<SUP>th</SUP> in the league grounding into double plays last year and guys like Escobar and francouer are guys who do it often. Braves have actually been scoring via the homerun early in the year and that just doesn’t rate to happen against this guy.

-braves have limited at bats against volstad having faced him twice last year. He went 6 innings giving up 3 er each time. Even better was that Holbrook was behind the plate for one of those which is a nice excuse for a pitcher though both performances were just fine. Neither game that he pitched vs. the braves reached 9 runs.

-Volstad was better away from home last year. 1.95 era 4 wins 1 loss. Opponents hit just .240 off of him last year and he gave up an extra base hit just once every 16.6 AB

-Volstad comes off a nice start vs. the nats where he gave up just 2 hits over 5 innings but again had the problem with walks.

-The only guy that has really seen vaaquez and hit him well on the marlins roster is ross gload. I wouldn’t expect to see him start though so there is not much to fear there and gload isn’t exactly the type of guy who strikes fear into an under bettor anyway. The other four marlins who have seen vazquez are helms , paulino , amezaga and cantu and they are a combined 2 of 19. It has been mentioned on this forum that the marlins are a group of young free swingers with power that prefer to face the hard throwers but they get a wily pitcher in vazquez who changes speeds well and could destroy them with his changeup. You guys know how I feel about the seldom seen pitcher.

-vazquez pitched well in his opening start against the phillies in the hitters park in Philadelphia. Struggled with some walks though and I attribute that to professional bats of phillies who were fifth in the league at drawing walks a year ago. Should have much less patient bats for this one.

-much love for the marlins hitting so far this year but they are coming off of their worst performance of the season and are also leaving the friendly confines of their home field for this one.

- I think the braves and the marlins have both clearly OVERACHIEVED from behind the plate to date with the braves showing more power than they are capable of sustaining and with the marlins hitting the cover off of the ball vs. the nats pitching. I think this perception of the two offenses has given us a line that we would not be seeing midyear if these two pitchers were to face.

-Both teams have rested bullpens

-the concern here is obviously going to be how the strike zone is called. An over umpire can generate some runners with these two guys nibbling a lot but I think with the braves love of hitting into double plays vs. a dead groundball pitcher that Volstad can get out of trouble on occasion with men on …… and with the marlins we get a team that led the majors in number of strikeouts last year at the plate facing the style of pitcher that they should struggle with all year .. So I think the big K could bail vazquez out at times if the marlins are rallying. If we get an under umpire i think we cruise.

Too much lines up here for me to ignore .. And it makes me even more happy when it lines up so heavily against public perception. Two units

good luck to everyone.

Some quick thought son my leans.

o's/Rangers under 11 --- Consider everitt a neutral to under umpire ( bigtime away umpire for those interested in betting a side in that game ). Both guys coming off decent starts. Rangers have not seen simon. McCarthy has pitched well in this stadium. Obviously we have two flyball pitchers ( who can give up the ding dong ) in a homerun park so no way i can play this until i am sure about the wind nearer to gametime.

yankees --burnett a better away pitcher than home pitcher. stuck out the rays 26 times in 20 innings last year. coming off a dominating start. Looks like yanks might ahve figured garza out last september when they touched him up twice pretty good in a two week span. price value ?.

Tigers -- always give them a look when a lefty opponent takes the hill. First time for white sox seeing tigers pitcher. All the key bats for detroit seem to see danks well. Danks struggled in only start at detroit last year.

Vegas, just curious, if you 8-8 on all dogs, how are you down money?

Like the play, gl today

Wow. I don't like any of your bets and am going to be on the other side of at least three of these.

Good points about the Florida total; I might lower my over bet based on your good info for the UN...

Good health today sir and GL going forward...

Wow. I don't like any of your bets and am going to be on the other side of at least three of these.

Good points about the Florida total; I might lower my over bet based on your good info for the UN...

Good health today sir and GL going forward...

not good for me. There is a chance i dont play any of the leans.

i understand the love for the over in texas with two flyball pitchers from everyone but i would be careful if you dont have the wind blowing out.

Health on the Marlins total VK. Fair points you make, but I think Vazquez didn't look great in his first start and Volstad's control scares me a bit as well. Thing that pushed me the other way is that the these are the 2 worst bullpen WHIP's in the bigs. Both over 2. If both starters can dominate you'll probably cash it. Nice writeups, think you make some interesting points in your analysis.

Health on the Marlins total VK. Fair points you make, but I think Vazquez didn't look great in his first start and Volstad's control scares me a bit as well. Thing that pushed me the other way is that the these are the 2 worst bullpen WHIP's in the bigs. Both over 2. If both starters can dominate you'll probably cash it. Nice writeups, think you make some interesting points in your analysis.

i did consider first five with the bullpens but with the braves being the favorite i decided there was more value in the full game. Atleast both teams should have a well rested bullpen ....

betting unders seems to be suicide. i think ov-und season-to-date is 60-43. still i like 918 und 9 and wanted your thoughts. gl with your plays tonight

betting unders seems to be suicide. i think ov-und season-to-date is 60-43. still i like 918 und 9 and wanted your thoughts. gl with your plays tonight

Well Davies had a huge spring and i heard from another capper that peter gammons went down and watched him pitch and thought he was in the form they expected when he came up through the braves system. He pitched a hell of a game in his first outing. The cleveland bats aren't doing anything special and even the runs they put up the other day at home were mostly gifted by an ENORMOUS number of walks from purcey. They showed a little progress vs greinke and then in the ninth yesterday. The royals aren't hitting well and arent hitting for power at all. pavano is pretty much an unknown quantity for most of the kc batters and the ones who have seen him have not hit him well. Have nice under ump for the game and kaufman is playing like even more of a pitchers park post-renovation so far than it was last year. Davies has also had success in the past vs the indians bats. All comes down to how much you trust pavano i think bluechip.... on paper i would definitely lean under.

:shake:

Yep, im killing my profit over here betting these fucking things. Sucks going 2-0 and 3-1 on sides and breaking even or losing a bit.

May cut off totals early this year, cuz i like to play about 4 unders to every over wager, and its not working out well.

Solid write ups btw VK, thanks for taking the time to write those up, and gl on your plays today.

I like unders also and it generally is Kyles strong suit--seems like many of the better cappers do best on unders. So I am thinking it will even out as the season progresses, especially when some of these dominant pitchers start to come into form.

on the Marlin under with ya VK. Let's make some cash today. We've got a good ump for it as well...

kyle, excellent thoughts. i just don't have a feel for totals at this point in this season and don't feel comfortable betting them, also went back and forth on this game way too much. good luck

Like seeing you on the Marlins tonight VK. I'm a big fan of Volstad as well and I think it's great value tonight with the Fish. GL to us.

Looking decent buddy, next 2 innings will decide the game here. Gotta get this thing to the 8th with no more damage and we should be in great shape.

thanks everyone.

Remember when i was complaining in a previous thread that even some of the games i was winning werent transpiring the way i expected them to ?? This was the opposite as it was pretty much exactly as advertised. I do feel for vazquez a bit as the defense behind him tonight was nothing short of atrocious and it cost him some runs. Just the same the under cashed and volstad looked great save one mistake to kelly "vk beater" johnson.

Hope you laid off that under in kansas city bluechip. i happened to watch that game and feel for you if you did not. basically needed to avoid a big inning in the bottom of the eighth and its soria time in the top of the ninth and that was some crap there from chulk.

Speaking of unders that failed late .. glad i laid off that rangers total despite it obviously being the right side having watched that one .. 3-3 after 9 and it goes over 11 ... someone broke a remote control in the world watching that one .. or a dog got hit or something.

really happy with todays capping.

Tendog has it right above ... certain unders are in my wheelhouse and a lot of the better cappers ( not saying i am one ) tend to find more value in unders than overs.

Florida marlins at Atlanta Braves under 9 +100 winner +2.00 units

favorites 5-3 +4.45 units
dogs 8-8 - 0.37 units
overs 0-1 -1.10 units
unders 2-2 +0.75 units
totals pushes : 1

overall + 3.73 units

Back