• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

time to post my week 9 card so far

That leaves USM at Charlotte and UAB at UTEP

I have definitive lean to USM in the charlotte game but want to check some things first. It appears to have momentum the other way but don't want to lose any 7's either. If I lose access to 7's then I will have a good excuse to not lose money on it.

I doubt I have a play on uab at UTEP as there is some conflicting things there and I sort of just want to cheer for my alma mater without an investment this week.

I honestly have little idea. Haven't seen a game this year.
In-laws told me last week how Mojo was doing, 5-2 overall/2-0 in district
Southlake 8-0, a win over Mojo.

Hopefully, get out to see a game or two now that work doesn't interfere .
Definitely when the playoffs start.

GL to the Knights.

Feels like they are begging us to take La Tech, even through in the lovely hook

What you seeing with Wyoming, trending in right direction after Utah State game

Vk - Any thoughts on UTEP? Seem to be playing better and maybe a letdown spot for UAB

I think utep may being eyeing Rice as the win.

I am not 100% sure how healthy Locksley is, or the qb spot in general.
Utep run d has not been all that awful which is big vs uab.
Pace should be good for a big dog.
Tough spot for uab. Really tough if they drink the water. But off the big unt game it easily could be letdown.
My numbers do not support it though and uab is quite better than my miners and i think the blazers have aspirations.
Rice is the Miners Alamo game I think.

got away with some terrible handicapping on the weekday games. Getting very fortunate the last 7 days. Hopefully that continues.

Feels like they are begging us to take La Tech, even through in the lovely hook

What you seeing with Wyoming, trending in right direction after Utah State game

Penalties, turnovers, bad play calling from a good play caller. A lot went wrong with FAU. Thought they were the slightly better team tonight most of the game, particularly first half. When you trail after that first half 14-10 after outplaying them and you are laying 3.5, you know it is trouble.

Georgia Florida matchup thoughts when you have a sec

Bullet point style
* Rates to have an extremely low number of plays compared to your average college football game in 2018
* Both defenses giving up less than 5 yards per play
* Georgia has given up the fewest number of plays greater than 20 yards in the nation to this point in the season. Florida is in the top 25% of the nation in giving up the fewest number of plays greater than 20 yards. This means both teams will have to grind it out. While both offenses are ok at third down conversions, both defenses are even better at preventing third down conversions. Basically it appears to be a grinder of a game where both teams are able to move it a little but will likely struggle to find chunk plays. The kind of games where both teams can move it some but cannot get big plays are the kinds of games you want for an under ticket. It is much better than the completely inept offenses.
* While I think it is fair to give Georgia an offensive nod in this game it may not be as much as most people think. If you look at their common opponents, the two offenses in aggregate created roughly the same amount of total yards. And Florida appears on the uptick offensively.
* One negative for the under ticket is that both FG kickers are pretty good.

Basically I envision a game where points are at a premium. I like the UGA offense a tad bit more than Florida so I will give them the nod to win the game but were I to bet a side, which I won't be, I would prefer the points with Florida. Just think this game is in doubt in the fourth quarter and would rather have my interests aligned with the teams. Florida is also a little healthier. UGA does have a couple banged up folks on the defensive side of the ball. I like the under quite a bit so that naturally makes me want to look at taking the points.

Last edited:
Also, I added some money to the Wyoming game. Making that a slightly large play now.

Thanks

offset my Hoosiers play, what a tease that was.
Being out of it, then having ol Mo show up , just to poop the bedstead.

The odd thing to me was that the bomb for a td did not anger me in that game. The fumble by Ramsey at the end did not anger me. The only thing I got really upset about was the three consecutive running plays when Indiana had the ball when it was tied at 31. They just put up 22 pts in the fourth quarter by spreading the Golden Gophers out and passing the ball while using tempo. Why go away from what was working at that point? In reality I was just happy to cash the over ticket which looked poor going into the fourth qtr.

The odd thing to me was that the bomb for a td did not anger me in that game. The fumble by Ramsey at the end did not anger me. The only thing I got really upset about was the three consecutive running plays when Indiana had the ball when it was tied at 31. They just put up 22 pts in the fourth quarter by spreading the Golden Gophers out and passing the ball while using tempo. Why go away from what was working at that point? In reality I was just happy to cash the over ticket which looked poor going into the fourth qtr.

yep I turned it off when they did that

Just a heads up ... I meant to mention this a couple days ago. While the Coastal Carolina at Georgia State game is bolded, I am basically bolding my bigger bets. The bet was made in a speculative way with the health issues at Center (offensive line QB) and quarterback (Team QB) and Georgia State getting major relief as far as offenses faced. A couple days ago Ellington was upgraded to probable. I thought if Ellington was out it would neutralize the advantage of JR WR Penny Hart against the Coastal Carolina secondary which can be had. So while I am invested a lot in it, were I to be betting this morning, this wouldn't be a bigger investment, though I would be betting it under anyway despite some ugly yards per play against by these two defenses so far.

As long as I am giving disclaimers ....

Central Michigan - Every once in awhile my gut tells me to make a play and I do it despite my numbers not really indicating it is anything that special. Chips qualify in that respect. I felt like this is a game their defense could match up decently and where they could still think they could win and show up. There is a chance they start to quit on the defensive side and if that starts happening they become a really bad football team. But my gut feeling is that they play hard and have a decent chance at an outright win.

Eastern Michigan - There are some things pointing to this not being that great of a play. Their run defense this year hasn't been great (still cannot get over the over 8 yards per carry allowed and 341 rushing yards allowed to Purdue while Purdue doesn't reach 20 pts) so far this year and they gave up over 400 yards rushing to Army last year. However, this game was circled in my notebook as true revenge with the very unlikely win by Army last year. The problem with the revenge angle is that Eastern Michigan has lost so many close games the last year and a half that it might just blend in with the other ones. Went with my notebook circled though as that has treated me great year in and year out on the 8 or so games I do it for before the season starts. Just saying there is a chance that Army just runs them over.

Everything else I stand by with my normal methodologies.

Penalties, turnovers, bad play calling from a good play caller. A lot went wrong with FAU. Thought they were the slightly better team tonight most of the game, particularly first half. When you trail after that first half 14-10 after outplaying them and you are laying 3.5, you know it is trouble.

Their penalties were outrageous. 2 penalties on punt returns to give La Tech the ball back including one to end the game when they had the chance to tie on their final possession. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I've watched FAU roughly 3 times this year I think and each time they seemed to be a hot mess.

Their penalties were outrageous. 2 penalties on punt returns to give La Tech the ball back including one to end the game when they had the chance to tie on their final possession. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I've watched FAU roughly 3 times this year I think and each time they seemed to be a hot mess.
Peavey was an atrocity as well, which we both failed to mention

What a nightmare finish to the evening.

But still a profitable week.

Unders and small road chalk were the punish points. Unders are tough.

As long as I am giving disclaimers ....

Central Michigan - Every once in awhile my gut tells me to make a play and I do it despite my numbers not really indicating it is anything that special. Chips qualify in that respect. I felt like this is a game their defense could match up decently and where they could still think they could win and show up. There is a chance they start to quit on the defensive side and if that starts happening they become a really bad football team. But my gut feeling is that they play hard and have a decent chance at an outright win.

Eastern Michigan - There are some things pointing to this not being that great of a play. Their run defense this year hasn't been great (still cannot get over the over 8 yards per carry allowed and 341 rushing yards allowed to Purdue while Purdue doesn't reach 20 pts) so far this year and they gave up over 400 yards rushing to Army last year. However, this game was circled in my notebook as true revenge with the very unlikely win by Army last year. The problem with the revenge angle is that Eastern Michigan has lost so many close games the last year and a half that it might just blend in with the other ones. Went with my notebook circled though as that has treated me great year in and year out on the 8 or so games I do it for before the season starts. Just saying there is a chance that Army just runs them over.

Everything else I stand by with my normal methodologies.
I vote that all games played Saturday in the state of Michigan be cancelled.

Back