time to post my week 7 card so far

like every one of your sides and the Wake and Cuse overs. I can't avoid Ohio again. Took Toledo -25 Iowa +4.5 Navy +1 CMU -10 as well. Fading Bowling Green and New Mexico State is hopefully profitable but we shall see.

NMSU actually out box-scored Liberty last week but CMU been a pleasant surprise.

Ohio just feels like a loser. Sticking with my numbers and I actually think Ohio is better than my numbers show ... Heavens knows why....

Somebody saying FSU scoring potential greater than Syracuse scoring potential?

Or that Cuse defense is better than FSU defense?
Or that FSU pace is faster than Cuse pace? (FSU plays per game are up there with cuse for now but won't be by year end)

I don't get it

UAB and UTSA are both bad teams I think. One bad team, UAB has a 4-1 record though and a good coach. The other bad team has a losing record with their best QB injured and a coach who might get fired at some point. I can't possibly imagine an easier opening schedule than UAB has faced. Their OL has been said to be a pretty big issue (per fan message boards I don't watch much UAB football), but Rice couldn't make that show up rushing 4 or 5. Not sure if UTSA can do any better, but the Roadrunners do occasionally play some D. I can't say I saw anything out of UTSA O last week that would give me confidence in them, other than UTEP not making plays and making UTSA O look better than it is currently.

Thanks for this. I haven't seen a ton of UTSA and I did catch a lot of the UAB - Akron game, which obviously made UAB look good. I think their receivers are pretty good but I am concerned that UAB won't be able to run at all which could give UTSA a crack at the backdoor at home even if they are down 16 late. UTEP offensive performance was shockingly bad.... except it shouldn't have been to me.

Some of the message board UAB fans weren't happy with Brown this year. Either that he was running tentatively or that the OL wasn't opening the holes. So the fact that he is injured sucks for him, but it does give other RBs opportunity so we'll see if it was OL or RB related, but their OL is all kind of shuffled and injured for the Blazers.

Ohio just feels like a loser. Sticking with my numbers and I actually think Ohio is better than my numbers show ... Heavens knows why....

I would definitely pick Ohio to win, but would be nervous about expecting them to win by much.

They'll have the best player on the field (Rourke) and have a HUGE coaching staff advantage. Thomas Hammock isn't exactly making fans happy. I don't know why they don't give Childers a chance, unless the O just doesn't fit - but why change their QB-run oriented O, it's worked for them forever.

NIU did surprise vs Utah (because I think Utah didn't really care - early start time, Utes head not in the game) and then NIU competed with Vandy. But NIU are nowhere near the level people have come to expect them to be historically.

I did have Ball St as you did I think last week, but in watching some out of the corner of my eye, I think the weather really hampered what this NIU team wants to do now (throw more) and all those turnovers and short fields just kind of snowballed. Had that game been played in good weather, I'm not sure Ball St comesback or wins.

So I don't know. Ohio just seems to be missing pieces, but stand to improve as MAC play wears on. Not sure NIU will really be getting better.

If NIU can’t stop the qb run, they are in a world of hurt vs my Bobcats. OU d-line isn’t stopping the run like usual but I think the huskies stink this year. Bobcats at home should pull away here and get margin. I took some -6.5
Hoping they play Tuggle more at RB, not sure why he’s the back up right now.

I have to tell you a little something about me that is not very flattering. There is usually one game a week that I take personally. What I mean, is that there is usually one game that matters the most to me and it isn't always the one with the most money. Most of the time it is like the game tonight with Syracuse and NCState. I didn't understand why it wasn't moving up. Then get late word that Devito might be banged up and then proceed to watch the defensive lines from each team dominate their offensive lineman counterparts. Almost no big plays other than some throw it up for grabs stuff. I hate when I am wrong. Hate it. I hate being wrong. I was wrong. Incidentally, if I were calling plays tonight for either team, I guarantee at least one more TD for either of them. Insane play calling. Insane coaching.

Hey ... speaking of terrible coaching, did you guys see the Texas State use of timeouts tonight?

Anyway ...I am super sick right now .. the last two days....

Vols hosting Miss State --

I really like what I saw out of Maurer and the Vols passing game last week and when I look at Mississippi State their pass defense has been suspect. 267 yards at 6.7 per attempt for ULL, 234 yards at 9.0 per attempt for USM, 123 yds at 6.8 per attempt for kstate, 232 yards for 5.5 per attempt for Kentucky and the debacle 361 for 15 yards per attempt against auburn. Then offensively, Miss State has been a little below average and attacking with balance. The problem is that they don't seem to have an identity on offense. I mentioned this when I invested in Kentucky (loser) earlier in the year and even though uk didn't cover that game, I think it was still valid in that game. So I basically think that Miss State doesn't rate to score a ton, and I like the Vols passing game to give them some chances at the outright.

I am sick.. sorry.. just no energy

Some things just aren't and never can be predictable, like play calling. I can get how that game was frustrating. Sometimes it seems like coaches force trying to do what isn't working rather than just staying with where there best chance for success is.

Tennessee would qualify for your gotta win for bowl angle. I don't know how often that is actually valid if teams look at their upcoming games that way, but if so Vols need this one at home to avoid having to win 5 if last 6 (which includes Bama ofcourse).

Yes, the timeouts thing last night was insane. You know how irate I was even with no money on the game. I hate bad coaching. We've seen irresponsible use of timeouts so often but the offenses by Narduzzi, Dantonio and now TXST HC are remarkable. I'm sure there are plenty of more out there but those are 3 that I saw live.

If you missed the game... Here is the deal... Score is 17-14 ULM with 2+ left. It is 4th n 1 in TXST territory. Texas State has all 3 timeouts left so giving up the 4th and 1 DOES NOT END the game. Well, simple math eludes the coach. He calls a timeout to set his defense up. Okay... He then calls ANOTHER timeout. Alright, two timeouts...let's play the game please. Well, before a snap even occurs a TXST lineman jumps offsides. Well, this basically ends the game. ULM simply needed to run a few running plays then it's done. Well they actually scored (and in fact almost took back a pick for score after that (down at 2 or 3).

The wife teasing me , because she's there and I'm here.
Mojo vs. OHS tonight. Hope you get to feeling better.

IMG_3168.JPG

5-11 sorry

Pretty lucky with ulm and very very very lucky with kent st so there was potential for worse

Very very very very very very unlucky with mtsu and some bad luck with the nd usc total, including the market move (which i at least feel vindicated that my number was better than theirs- potentially mine too high). Also Michigan 28-0 second quarter losing at -19 wasnt really unlucky but it was amazing.

Fsu - bad bet
Byu - bad bet
Ohio - terrible bet
Cuse/ncsu total - bad bet
Michigan state - bad bet ( i can excuse myself there)
Army - shockingly horrible bet
Terps - wow their defense as a whole, oline, and wr group played bad games. The coaches are really bad. Good thing he can recruit because he cannot coach gameday (maybe prep either). Rbs and qb played well overall i thought. Awful bet.

Lost a coin flipper with ballst emu total

A lot of bad bets. I lost some cash and most of these losers weren't remotely close. Forgive me if i dont end up doing recaps this week. I thought it might have been my worst week ever in cfb but it wasn't. Also, I did poorly on halftimes and lost a team total over by the same number the team total was set at (ya my team total over was shutout). So pretty rotten day.

5-11 sorry

Pretty lucky with ulm and very very very lucky with kent st so there was potential for worse

Very very very very very very unlucky with mtsu and some bad luck with the nd usc total, including the market move (which i at least feel vindicated that my number was better than theirs- potentially mine too high). Also Michigan 28-0 second quarter losing at -19 wasnt really unlucky but it was amazing.

Fsu - bad bet
Byu - bad bet
Ohio - terrible bet
Cuse/ncsu total - bad bet
Michigan state - bad bet ( i can excuse myself there)
Army - shockingly horrible bet
Terps - wow their defense as a whole, oline, and wr group played bad games. The coaches are really bad. Good thing he can recruit because he cannot coach gameday (maybe prep either). Rbs and qb played well overall i thought. Awful bet.

Lost a coin flipper with ballst emu total

A lot of bad bets. I lost some cash and most of these losers weren't remotely close. Forgive me if i dont end up doing recaps this week. I thought it might have been my worst week ever in cfb but it wasn't. Also, I did poorly on halftimes and lost a team total over by the same number the team total was set at (ya my team total over was shutout). So pretty rotten day.

At least you didn't have multiple units tied up on Toledo spread and team total, as I can't remember the last time I made a play that horrible.

At least you didn't have multiple units tied up on Toledo spread and team total, as I can't remember the last time I made a play that horrible.

I was involved with Toledo second half. It just wasn't something I posted here. I didn't have a good day .. not just results but really just a bunch of games where I wasn't close. I have made pure wake up bets on teams at halftime before with mixed results. Shame on me for doing it when they couldn't block BG in the first half. At least yours was pregame before you saw what was happening .. I bet right into what my eyes were watching.

I was involved with Toledo second half. It just wasn't something I posted here. I didn't have a good day .. not just results but really just a bunch of games where I wasn't close. I have made pure wake up bets on teams at halftime before with mixed results. Shame on me for doing it when they couldn't block BG in the first half. At least yours was pregame before you saw what was happening .. I bet right into what my eyes were watching.

It's funny because as soon as they got that false start down by the goal line after the big pass play, I was like uh oh I am screwed. And wouldn't you know it, they fumbled right after that and never seemed to recover after that. Was just one of those games and one of those days, as there was one point in the afternoon when I was like 0-5 and I was convinced I was going to go 0-14 the way my plays were going.

It happens to all of us, it's just that most just quietly fade away after a week like that, whereas we live to fight another day and post bright and early the following day haha. You know your stuff and your long term results speak volumes, so that's all that matters. Of course, that doesn't make weeks like last week sting any less, but facts and facts. The good thing is, last weekend is in the rear view mirror, so let's make some cash this week, as a nice profitable bounceback week is in store for us both!

Adds

Troy -15
S Bama/Troy over 54.5
Louisiana/Arkansas State over 67
UCLA/Stanford over 54
Stanford -8.5
Pitt/Cuse over 51
NCState/BC over 52
Purdue/Iowa over 49.5
ULM/Appst over 65
Tulsa/Cinci under 51
Temple/Smu under 59