time to post my week 7 card so far

CC, I'm also on 2 of your unders, WMU and EMU. Would like to read your analysis of these 2 games. Thanks!

Well if it helps you, I have a very bad record fading them.

With that said ... they are getting a lot of respect ... check out the following stats ...

stanford 335 for 272 against. Seemed super impressive at the time but now we know the Stanford offensive line is a shell of its former self and they are 122nd in total offense and have been held under 300 yards two more times since then ...including by washington state.

fau 495 for 211 against. Cannot knock them for that effort. But again ... 115th in total offense.

wvu 286 for 422 against. WVU 16th in offense.

kst 335 for 592 against (and won! And should have covered two scores in doing so!) Texas Tech ranked second in offense.

Now you have to roll into Norman and compete with Sooners who woodshedded (don king word, work with me) them in their own house 55-0 when kstate had a better football team by quite a bit compared to the 2016 version.

I will take my chances. Oklahoma a good front running team too.
Thank you Sir, GL today

had a chance to be a really good day before the wheels fell off.

SDSU Grade B+ - Had the game had more chunk plays for sdsu I would have given this an A but it didn't really have the huge runs i was expecting .. just a nice steady diet of good gains. 364 yards to 217 yards and 25 first downs to 10. Unfortunately sdsu couldn't get out of their own way a bunch of times. Obviously, this was at a minimum plus EV and most likely a pretty good investment that just didn't work out.

pitt uva under Grade Bminus - This is a pretty amazing run that pitt game overs is on considering the product on the field. This week it was 76 points on 710 yards. haha. Several non-offensive scores again. 710 yards is a dream figure for under bettors on a game totaled in this area. Frustrating. At some point do I just conclude that there is something occurring here outside my normal handicapping parameters to make these games higher scoring (much higher scoring) than the numbers would make me believe? There is no such point because it is bologna pudding. I would bet it again and lose again somehow.

afa unm under - Grade Fminus - I knew four drives into the game that this was a bad investment. It basically played out like the game from last year with both teams shredding eachother for huge chunks of yards at a time. I am not sure why they both match up so poorly defensively with each other since they both practice against at least a form of the option every week. But they do. 974 yards and just 42 first downs because of the chunk plays. Never had a shot.

bama vols under - Grade Bminus - There were some bad breaks for the total in this game with the interception return for a td, the punt return for a td and the bama fumble that gave vols field position to score when they were basically stomped by bama. total yards 594 to 163 in favor of bama. In aggregate that makes for a great under bet, generally but with that skew you can get some lopsided results that send a game over. Here it was the nonoffensive scores that did under backers in. Kind of a tough loss and unfortunately I sort of felt it was coming at halftime with a chance to bail but I couldn't justify it with the halftime numbers ... wish i had listened to the little troll on my shoulder.

tulsa houston over Grade Cplus - 981 yards and 57 first downs usually cashes an over ticket but a lot of this came late in the game. With the score 38-31 late, tulsa failed to punch it in from the houston 2 and that was the difference between winning and losing. I am giving it a cplus only because when I was watching it didn't have the feel of a game that hits the seventies. Anyway, basically had the play production I wanted.

notre dame -3 vs. deshone kizer Grade D- 307 to 296 yardage edge and minus 1 turnover is not going to be considered a good investment by me when laying three. Kizer made Honey Boo Boo look as smart as Stephen Hawking in this one. Did not deserve to win but shocked at how he has regressed. Forget all the other mistakes and underacievement by Kelly, his ability to turn a decent Kizer into the atrocity we saw last night is his biggest failing. kid has taken a step back every drive he is on the field. You cannot make the mental midget mistakes that he does and win football games, even if belicheat is your coach.

ohio State -11 - Grade Fminus - I give it an F because it never really had a chance at covering. Wisconsin moved the ball a lot better than I expected, and the badgers slowed tosu more than i expected. wiscy actually outgained tosu 450 to 411 and probably deserved to win the game.

utsa - Grade F - 22 16 fd edge for rice 351 to 334 edge for rice. UTSA held scoreless after halftime and hung on to win.

Iowa State - I will grade later.

CC, thanks for all the work you put into this. You helped me immensely on some unders and kept me off the La Tech unders. Very much appreciated

pitt uva under Grade Bminus - This is a pretty amazing run that pitt game overs is on considering the product on the field. This week it was 76 points on 710 yards. haha. Several non-offensive scores again. 710 yards is a dream figure for under bettors on a game totaled in this area. Frustrating. At some point do I just conclude that there is something occurring here outside my normal handicapping parameters to make these games higher scoring (much higher scoring) than the numbers would make me believe? There is no such point because it is bologna pudding. I would bet it again and lose again somehow.

tulsa houston over Grade Cplus - 981 yards and 57 first downs usually cashes an over ticket but a lot of this came late in the game. With the score 38-31 late, tulsa failed to punch it in from the houston 2 and that was the difference between winning and losing. I am giving it a cplus only because when I was watching it didn't have the feel of a game that hits the seventies. Anyway, basically had the play production I wanted.

Two of my losses on a brutal day...with bad luck...fml

timh the tulsa houston over is a result of just expecting a ton of plays. houston should get chunk plays and that will make tulsa fall behind and go at warp speed.
Watching that beat was excruciating....BOL this week Kyle. Thanks for all your feedback and analysis...

Back