GT-Miami over 55.5

Missouri-Vandy under 56
Washington-Stanford under 52.5

369/370 Rutgers/smu over 55

8-6-1
41-48, 49-54-1

How many road favorites is that? Oh boy

Strong Leans

331 Maryland +16.5 ( going to be on it but waiting to see where it moves )
303 Texas -9 ( missed the better numbers and has upward momentum. important game for program shockingly. )
315 Michigan state +1
324 Alabama -56
346 Colorado +38.5
349 Arkansas +10.5 ( will probably just take the under )
355 UNC +7
411 sjsu -4.5

Last edited:
I like Rutgers also but only problem I have is having Lville on deck...we will be oppo in Nwestern game.BOL.

atta boy VK.....good luck this week.

Are you able to get down locally in Vegas this early on for next week?

agree on ohio, an do agree on bama, made it 10 points higher, but will bama let up? also lean colo, but fuck I don't know if I can play it. im not sure which way that line will go an not tryin to fade oregon

Appreciate your work, VK. Within the past couple weeks I've been trying your style (hitting them early). Curious to see how it works out for me. I got Marshall +12.5 (now 14) Maryland +17 (now 14.5) VT -7 (thought this would move).

Best of luck.

Nice Dollaz. If you know what you are doing it is hard not to be a better version of yourself going early week compared to late week. Against you on VT though. That is a lot of points for that VT offense. UNC either rebounds here with an effort or they will be a good fade going forward. That is to say that they can play hard and still not cover and they can be backed again but if they lay down here then they will just never recover from that 2h of the GT game ( which they were clearly hung over from last week ). With ya on the terps .. guess I should have just fired immediately like you did.

ADD

355 UNC +7
341 Maryland +14.5 ( well, I was hoping for 17 and it went the other way... I should know better )

We will see a ton of backups and 3rd stringers this week in tuscaloosa. Homecoming, families in town. Dont know how ga st scores though.

Ya .. I am probably not playing that game Tide. laying 56 ... cannot really believe I am even considering it.

Wanted to get to a few posts last week ( namely Bull who took time for a nice post ) but as usual, I am just really short on tiempo ( Ancient Greek word which translates to "time" or maybe it was a Russian word... ). Looks like good movement but some of the early movement last few weeks appears to be dummying which is worrisome. I would bet North Texas now. No way in the universe that thing doesn't close at least 3.

Nice Dollaz. If you know what you are doing it is hard not to be a better version of yourself going early week compared to late week. Against you on VT though. That is a lot of points for that VT offense. UNC either rebounds here with an effort or they will be a good fade going forward. That is to say that they can play hard and still not cover and they can be backed again but if they lay down here then they will just never recover from that 2h of the GT game ( which they were clearly hung over from last week ). With ya on the terps .. guess I should have just fired immediately like you did.

ADD

355 UNC +7
341 Maryland +14.5 ( well, I was hoping for 17 and it went the other way... I should know better )

Yeah, VT putting points on the board is my number one concern in that game. I actually expected (and still expect) the line may move up some. Almost purely a fade of UNC. I see UNC obviously having a lot of trouble scoring in that game, VT's defense may be top 5 in the country(imo). Its' going to come down to how much VT can score (if there aren't special teams gaffes). VT is a bad offensive team and they are going up against a bad defensive team. UNC hasn't held anyone to less than 20 so far and I think VT can get to 24.......possibly thru a turnover or a couple nice runs by Edmunds.

307 ucla -3 120
342 Marshall -12.5
343 North Texas -2
369 Rutgers -3
371 fresno state -25
385 ole miss -1
399 ohio -6.5
407 ohio state -4 -121

How many road favorites is that? Oh boy

Strong Leans

331 Maryland +16.5 ( going to be on it but waiting to see where it moves )
303 Texas -9 ( missed the better numbers and has upward momentum. important game for program shockingly. )
315 Michigan state +1
324 Alabama -56
346 Colorado +38.5
349 Arkansas +10.5 ( will probably just take the under )
355 UNC +7
411 sjsu -4.5

Would like to know why?"

I'm not always sure when or how to apply revenge, but UNC beat VT 48-34 (45-26 at one point) as 5 pt fav last year and Heels racked up over 500y offense - including 339 rushing! The way this D is playing right now they might want to atone for allowing 533 last year. If UNC has genuine belief and interest in winning the division (saying as long as GT and ECU losses aren't lingering), this is a must win for them since already 0-1.

VK, can you share any insight in the Marshall game. Marshall was one I wanted, but I'm fairly afraid of UTSA. Their game vs Houston last week just got out of hand for them with all the TOs and Houston ST and D TDs making it look worse than it really was. And UTSA also won better than the 32-13 score implies vs UTEP. I guess I was afraid that their team actually has something that can trade some scores with Herd. What do you think? I want to like the Herd really.

VK,

Texas now available at +7.5. Quite frankly as an Iowa State follower I am a little surprised at the line movement. Really thought that once it hit 9.5 that we would see 11 by kickoff. Now I'm not so sure we will even see 9.5 again. I know that rain and storms are expected on Thursday night and I suppose in theory a "slower" field is of some assistance to Iowa State. Also key injuries and suspensions on the Texas defense may be additional reasons for the line movements. However, I am truly puzzled? Any thoughts other than Iowa State's loss to Iowa doesn't look quite as bad after last Saturday.

Phil Steele ‏<s>@</s>philsteele042 <small class="time">11h </small> My computer calls for Geor St to have MINUS 9.5 pts vs Alabama. GSt is 0-4 with 3 of their losses to FCS schools. 2nd str shutout for Tide.

VK,

Texas now available at +7.5. Quite frankly as an Iowa State follower I am a little surprised at the line movement. Really thought that once it hit 9.5 that we would see 11 by kickoff. Now I'm not so sure we will even see 9.5 again. I know that rain and storms are expected on Thursday night and I suppose in theory a "slower" field is of some assistance to Iowa State. Also key injuries and suspensions on the Texas defense may be additional reasons for the line movements. However, I am truly puzzled? Any thoughts other than Iowa State's loss to Iowa doesn't look quite as bad after last Saturday.

No Ash. Yes McCoy. No Hicks. etc etc etc etc etc ... I won't be backing texas rain or shine ( pun intended ). Shiver to think what this line would have been week 1 though. I will be secretly cheering for the clones as a Texas fan.... at this point you cant have enough nails.

Yeah, VT putting points on the board is my number one concern in that game. I actually expected (and still expect) the line may move up some. Almost purely a fade of UNC. I see UNC obviously having a lot of trouble scoring in that game, VT's defense may be top 5 in the country(imo). Its' going to come down to how much VT can score (if there aren't special teams gaffes). VT is a bad offensive team and they are going up against a bad defensive team. UNC hasn't held anyone to less than 20 so far and I think VT can get to 24.......possibly thru a turnover or a couple nice runs by Edmunds.

I guess I am forgiving unc for last game. Their defense was actually pretty good against Scarolina and Georgia Tech. It makes me think they just slept through the ECU game or that perhaps they developed some confidence problems. They gave up just over 400 yards per in the three games leading into last week and assuming they can get first downs to keep defense rested then they should do better than that against what VT is doing offensively. The fear to me is just whether they pack it in and quit ... would seem this would be a "last stand" type game though. They have good play calling and their system seemed to work in this spot last year. If you think you get the ecu version of the unc defense then of course they get hammered here but if you think you get the scarolina version of the unc defense where they just allowed a few big plays and basically played well otherwise, then I think the td is more than generous. I doubt they lay down again, personally. Renner>Thomas, Fedora>Beamer .... VT not blowing folks out so just gonna take the td and if VT scores on defense or unc quits then I move onto the following week with some knowledge about what unc is about mentally.

Phil Steele ‏<s>@</s>philsteele042 <small class="time">11h</small> My computer calls for Geor St to have MINUS 9.5 pts vs Alabama. GSt is 0-4 with 3 of their losses to FCS schools. 2nd str shutout for Tide.

hehe defensive td and a safety !

VK, can you share any insight in the Marshall game. Marshall was one I wanted, but I'm fairly afraid of UTSA. Their game vs Houston last week just got out of hand for them with all the TOs and Houston ST and D TDs making it look worse than it really was. And UTSA also won better than the 32-13 score implies vs UTEP. I guess I was afraid that their team actually has something that can trade some scores with Herd. What do you think? I want to like the Herd really.

UTEP is what you are misreading if you are misreading anything. Take a look at the UTEP boxers through this season so far and who their opponents have been.

As for this game, I am banking on a few things here...

1. Class relief. Marshall cruised against what is a really bad Miami Ohio team and Gardner Webb before getting two tough road games at Ohio and at VT. Took VT to multiple overtimes before failing. But they have a bye before UTSA and starting the conference slate, where they were preseason favorites to win the conference.

2. UTSA defense vs the spread passing game. They have played against it twice already this year ( which some might feel is an advantage of sorts for them ) and gave up 605 and 491 in those games. Their rush defense appears to be way ahead of their pass defense to me. So the matchup here is pretty bad in my estimation on that side of the ball. They scored 28 on okie lite in the last 15 minutes or so of that ball game with a bunch of backups in for Oklahoma State on the defensive side of the ball. I suppose it shows they wont quit and Marshall is certainly susceptible to the backdoor but it is a deceiving score line. I think Marshall just goes off here.... and again .. one team off a bye and the other playing their 6th game in 5 weeks. This is probably the toughest game remaining on the utsa schedule.

I'm not always sure when or how to apply revenge, but UNC beat VT 48-34 (45-26 at one point) as 5 pt fav last year and Heels racked up over 500y offense - including 339 rushing! The way this D is playing right now they might want to atone for allowing 533 last year. If UNC has genuine belief and interest in winning the division (saying as long as GT and ECU losses aren't lingering), this is a must win for them since already 0-1.

Really just backing the VT offense more than anything .. I don't expect unc offense to come close to the numbers of last year

For the life of me I can't figure out why Iowa is only giving 1 to MSU, maybe you can explain it better than I see it. I see Michigan State as a flawed team that's best claim was playing an overrated ND team kinda tough on the road. Iowa on the other hand almost beat a good NIU team, beat Minnesota at home and has survived being fairly one dimensional. As a B1G fan, this is is a perfect spot for me to fade a team in Michigan State that I think barely qualifies for a bowl.

Would like to know why?"

[TABLE="class: game-log"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: date"]Date[/TH]
[TH="class: opponent"]Opponent[/TH]
[TH="class: surface"][/TH]
[TH="class: result"]Result[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-rush"]Rush Yards[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-pass"]Pass Yards[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-play"]Plays[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-yard"]Total Yards[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-yard-play"]Yards/Play[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date"]08/31/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]vs Alabama[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: result"]L 10-35[/TD]
[TD]96[/TD]
[TD]110[/TD]
[TD]62[/TD]
[TD]206[/TD]
[TD]3.32[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even-row"]
[TD="class: date"]09/07/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]Western Caro.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 45-3[/TD]
[TD]111[/TD]
[TD]51[/TD]
[TD]54[/TD]
[TD]162[/TD]
[TD]3.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date"]09/14/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]@ East Carolina[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 15-10[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]158[/TD]
[TD]54[/TD]
[TD]204[/TD]
[TD]3.78[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: date"]09/21/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]Marshall[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 29-21[/TD]
[TD]133[/TD]
[TD]228[/TD]
[TD]87[/TD]
[TD]361[/TD]
[TD]4.15[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date"]09/26/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]@ Georgia Tech[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 17-10[/TD]
[TD]129[/TD]
[TD]144[/TD]
[TD]66[/TD]
[TD]273[/TD]
[TD]4.14[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date totals"][/TD]
[TD="class: opponent totals, colspan: 3"]Totals[/TD]
[TD="class: totals"]515[/TD]
[TD="class: totals"]691[/TD]
[TD="class: totals"]323[/TD]
[TD="class: totals"]1206[/TD]
[TD="class: totals"]3.73[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Aplous -- would love to hear your thoughts on K State.

Good luck this week, VK.

Kansas State in general or Kent State this week?

Also, GaSt will get many opportunities to return kickoffs for TD again. hehe. If I backed Bama they will have a case of the dropsies and play bad special teams. Just hard to find the way that they don't "happen" into scores. If you are Georgia state you better take a lot of false starts on 3rd and 15 with the clock running to shorten the game.

[TABLE="class: game-log"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: date"]Date[/TH]
[TH="class: opponent"]Opponent[/TH]
[TH="class: surface"][/TH]
[TH="class: result"]Result[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-rush"]Rush Yards[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-pass"]Pass Yards[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-play"]Plays[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-yard"]Total Yards[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-yard-play"]Yards/Play[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date"]08/31/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]vs Alabama[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: result"]L 10-35[/TD]
[TD]96[/TD]
[TD]110[/TD]
[TD]62[/TD]
[TD]206[/TD]
[TD]3.32
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: date"]09/07/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]Western Caro.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 45-3[/TD]
[TD]111[/TD]
[TD]51[/TD]
[TD]54[/TD]
[TD]162[/TD]
[TD]3.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date"]09/14/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]@ East Carolina[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 15-10[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]158[/TD]
[TD]54[/TD]
[TD]204[/TD]
[TD]3.78[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: date"]09/21/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]Marshall[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 29-21[/TD]
[TD]133[/TD]
[TD]228[/TD]
[TD]87[/TD]
[TD]361[/TD]
[TD]4.15[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date"]09/26/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]@ Georgia Tech[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 17-10[/TD]
[TD]129[/TD]
[TD]144[/TD]
[TD]66[/TD]
[TD]273[/TD]
[TD]4.14[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date totals"][/TD]
[TD="class: opponent totals, colspan: 3"]Totals[/TD]
[TD="class: totals"]515[/TD]
[TD="class: totals"]691[/TD]
[TD="class: totals"]323[/TD]
[TD="class: totals"]1206[/TD]
[TD="class: totals"]3.73[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

:shake:

I like Rutgers also but only problem I have is having Lville on deck...we will be oppo in Nwestern game.BOL.

I played the number there. It was just way off. This version of SMU seems a bit the opposite of last years version of SMU. Last year they were terrible and luckboxed left and right .... this year they are far more competitive than the final scores indicate. Rutgers has gotten a bit lucky in a way themselves ..... they faced fresno state week 1 when fresno probably didn't have a lot of film to look at the new Rutgers offense and they faced Arkansas with Allen out. SMU can move the ball....

I might be reading too much into the nw games so far this year. Unimpressed to say the least. Spot is certainly in their favor.

UTEP is what you are misreading if you are misreading anything. Take a look at the UTEP boxers through this season so far and who their opponents have been.

As for this game, I am banking on a few things here...

1. Class relief. Marshall cruised against what is a really bad Miami Ohio team and Gardner Webb before getting two tough road games at Ohio and at VT. Took VT to multiple overtimes before failing. But they have a bye before UTSA and starting the conference slate, where they were preseason favorites to win the conference.

2. UTSA defense vs the spread passing game. They have played against it twice already this year ( which some might feel is an advantage of sorts for them ) and gave up 605 and 491 in those games. Their rush defense appears to be way ahead of their pass defense to me. So the matchup here is pretty bad in my estimation on that side of the ball. They scored 28 on okie lite in the last 15 minutes or so of that ball game with a bunch of backups in for Oklahoma State on the defensive side of the ball. I suppose it shows they wont quit and Marshall is certainly susceptible to the backdoor but it is a deceiving score line. I think Marshall just goes off here.... and again .. one team off a bye and the other playing their 6th game in 5 weeks. This is probably the toughest game remaining on the utsa schedule.

Thanks for taking the time.

with you on a few, against you on a few. Real nice job on that Buttgers number. Looks like the CRIS guys oppose so maybe I'll be lucky enough to get a small bet in laying 5.5 even money or something...

:shake:

ucla-utah over 60
GT-Miami over 55.5
Missouri-Vandy under 56
Washington-Stanford under 52.5

Last edited:
Back