time to post my week 3 card so far

I feel your pain, mr retro.In my FCS plays in one game i got 2 points better than the current line.
In 4 other games, I have 7 1/2 pts worse than current line. One moved 1 1/2 past a key number. Another moved 3 past a key number.
Grrr.

I like your card, mr retro. I see 13 games alike tho points may differ ever so slightly. I see 2 fades ( Nebraska ( at current 9, I would gladly trade points with you ) and Ark state) I might tail total or two- Penn State game is now 5 1/2 above the total you got, so that won't be one of them
AND, I was dubious when at the beginning of the year you said you would play every game.I now see you were serious. And I see that much of your enjoyment comes from trying to beat the line. Good for you. This game should be profitable, but more important is to enjoy what you are doing. Just my .02. GL

I like your card, mr retro. I see 13 games alike tho points may differ ever so slightly. I see 2 fades ( Nebraska ( at current 9, I would gladly trade points with you ) and Ark state) I might tail total or two- Penn State game is now 5 1/2 above the total you got, so that won't be one of them
AND, I was dubious when at the beginning of the year you said you would play every game.I now see you were serious. And I see that much of your enjoyment comes from trying to beat the line. Good for you. This game should be profitable, but more important is to enjoy what you are doing. Just my .02. GL

I havent checked neb injury news at all last 48 hours so wondering if Martinez news is bad.

Tulsa performance at Texas wasnt bad last week i just think it is a big jump for them year over year to be expected to win this game more times than they lose. Is ark st letting down back to back away after bama? Is ark st beat up from bama or will game slow for them? How improved is Tulsa? It is not an easy handicap of a game. I think Ark State has proven pretty game so I will guess no letdown.

I like beating the line for a multitude of reasons:

1. I like to win $ which means positive EV
2. It validates my line to an extent
3. If I am posting plays and beat the line then those that play same games when i post are generally beating the lines since i dont move lines. I then feel like I have done my job as far as helping others even if it doesnt work out on gameday. Whereas if i lose with whatbare ultimately bad numbers i feel i have let people down

Imagine bringing everyone back and having high hopes and then going Loss Loss Loss to Liberty, FIU and Charlotte. And I thought being a UTEP fan was tough.

Well atleast you know UTEP is bad. I had to rush my Old Dominion Over 5.5 bet to the ER last night and it was taken off of life support. Curtains. Figured they could be 2-1/3-0 right now.

It's like they just figured they could cruise until VT and then the season actually began. I'm not sure I have personally been more disappointed for a team I thought could do well.

Well atleast you know UTEP is bad. I had to rush my Old Dominion Over 5.5 bet to the ER last night and it was taken off of life support. Curtains. Figured they could be 2-1/3-0 right now.

It's like they just figured they could cruise until VT and then the season actually began. I'm not sure I have personally been more disappointed for a team I thought could do well.
Generally like the coach too.

Hope they dont quit but not sure i will be able to tell the difference if they do

I pondered whether they had a shot to win conference so you weren't alone in your preseason thoughts.

Teams utilized in the GN contest NIU (both tickets) Kansas State (Both tickets), Ball State, Miami Ohio, Fresno State, Maryland, Rutgers, Ohio, Texas, Ohio State, Houston and Florida

Ohio State - I have to give the Frogs the edge at head coach for this one but after that, I don't find much. TOSU should control both the offensive and defensive line of scrimmage. I watched TCU lose the line of scrimmage for a half against SMU. Beyond that, I generally have liked the way Haskins has looked throwing the ball while the TCU QB has been very inconsistent. I hear everyone talking about the big class increase for TOSU when they face TCU compared to Rutgers and Oregon State which is true but frogs played Southern and SMU in their first two so they are moving up in class too. I think TOSU will have the better passing game, and the better running game and while I fear Turpin, their isn't much else that makes me concerned for the game other than the game not moving over two TD's. A little bit of bad blood between the programs too so no worry about TOSU overlooking them. Ohio State just way better by the eye test for me.

Duke Baylor under - Was a strong believer in the Duke football team but felt like Jones was a very key part to their offense. Defense is very solid though they will be without a key defensive back for this one. Baylor I am less sure of what they are. But I decided to expect Duke to run more and to potentially play at a slower pace than what we have seen the first few weeks. Baylor averaged just 2.9 a rush against UTSA, so if Duke prevents the big play from the WR's then I think the game slides in under the total. I actually still prefer Duke in the contest with the points but really just want to see the blue devils once without Jones before backing them. Confident in their defense though.

Ohio State - I have to give the Frogs the edge at head coach for this one but after that, I don't find much. TOSU should control both the offensive and defensive line of scrimmage. I watched TCU lose the line of scrimmage for a half against SMU. Beyond that, I generally have liked the way Haskins has looked throwing the ball while the TCU QB has been very inconsistent. I hear everyone talking about the big class increase for TOSU when they face TCU compared to Rutgers and Oregon State which is true but frogs played Southern and SMU in their first two so they are moving up in class too. I think TOSU will have the better passing game, and the better running game and while I fear Turpin, their isn't much else that makes me concerned for the game other than the game not moving over two TD's. A little bit of bad blood between the programs too so no worry about TOSU overlooking them. Ohio State just way better by the eye test for me.

Turpin is a beast and OSU is lucky to field a punt without coughing it up.

I haven't seen one person on TCU and yet that line isn't budging.

I'm torn on the Hou game, missed the best number. Everything I have read indicated TT would have one of their better defenses, yet they were gashed against Ole Miss both on the ground and in the air. I think Hou definitely has the better D but for some reason I am hesitating playing them. Thoughts if you have a minute.

Back