time to post my week 1 card so far

So almost all my friends won money on USF because they bet earlier than I do now. And people who bet it after me did even worse. Worse results because of bad numbers are just about the most frustrating thing for me in the sports investing. I have a legit excuse of being not just a little bit busy but very busy. With that said, assuming most of this holds form (some of it could be dummy action) I am happy that even with betting so late, some value manifested out of what I played. Happy for me to have the value, happy for me to have some level of confidence in my power ratings and happy for anyone who might have tailed who will likely have the best of it at kickoff since almost all of this is movement many days after I posted.

My number/current pinnacle/value

Purdue 26/24.5/1.5
Notre Dame -15/-17.5/2.5
Rutgers 30.5/27.5/3
Georgia -14/-14.5/0.5
VT -4.5/-4/-0.5
Nebraska -16.5/-16.5/0
Akron 33.5/30.5/3
FIU 17.5/17/0.5
Boston College -2.5/-3/0.5
Kentucky -10/-10/0
Buffalo 26.5/24.5/2
USC -27/-27/0
UTEP 44.5/43/1.5

So only VT has gone against me so far, though it is rather a key half point. And have over two TD's of combined value over the 13 games. I will check on totals in a few days when people have had the chance to attack them with more fervor.

Hey Kyle, Always love the thread.

Is Woodson 100% for Akron? At some point this summer I thought I heard Bowden express some doubt if he would be ready to start the season. I see he is named the starter...I am out of the loop, just wondering if there were any reports or news on him from fall camp that indicate he is full-go or still limited in his capability post surgery?

Is Woodson 100% for Akron? At some point this summer I thought I heard Bowden express some doubt if he would be ready to start the season. I see he is named the starter...I am out of the loop, just wondering if there were any reports or news on him from fall camp that indicate he is full-go or still limited in his capability post surgery?

Nah, he's fine. Read a Beacon Journal article last week that discussed the race to be his back-up. He was held out of the scrimmage to give the other guys reps but they said he was full go.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/u...s-after-final-saturday-scrimmage-of-fall-camp

Per the Akron Beacon he appears to be healthy as of August 19th.
Don Best also does not mention his shoulder though they seem a little slow on updates for week 1 in general.

Nah, he's fine. Read a Beacon Journal article last week that discussed the race to be his back-up. He was held out of the scrimmage to give the other guys reps but they said he was full go.

Ah. I should have read my own thread first but yes.

This could still come into play if down huge early it enters the back of Bowdens mind to keep him healthy or get other guys meaningful reps in a game that is already decided. He matters.

But all indications seem to be that he is healthy now. He is also a trooper.

Talk to me..

UT-Mary Over.

I lean this in some shape or form. I was just looking for some more thoughts.

Ford those interested in high school football, I am pretty sure bishop gormans win streak spanning over 50 games and several national championships likely ends this week. No idea if this game is lined but Mater Dei should win with better qb play.

Ford those interested in high school football, I am pretty sure bishop gormans win streak spanning over 50 games and several national championships likely ends this week. No idea if this game is lined but Mater Dei should win with better qb play.

Mater Dei -3.5/65

I see you are vested in Purdue. Can't argue, but more interested to see what your number is on the total. My book is holding mid 60s. UL should break 40. Does Brohm have the horses to go toe-to-toe in your opinion?

Gl kid.. hope you prosper in'17

Gotta play Sgu bro. Wyoming has all world Qb but he lost all his receivers and NFL running back. True frosh starting at center against what D.C. Phil Parker calls his best front 7 since he has been at Iowa. Everyone knows about preseason all American LB Josey jewel but few are tuned into to top tier Dline. The name is AJ Espinosa. 5 star recruit and reports are very experienced Sg o line can't block him in practice. That o line btw returns everyone and last year won many awards as best online in CFB..

So why semi short number? Neophyte at QB and complete question mark, Stanley. That will be a problem later vs the pedophiles and tOSU but joebren at QB could roll this Wyoming defense who returns almost everyone from one of worst defenses in CFB.

I'm mostly retired tho. gl

Short numba tee because everyone and their dogs are on WYO, think it's a very bad idea to bet the Cowboys here

GL with em, be curious to see Iowa dline against that Oline...will tell the story me thinks

Curious on brief thoughts with Texas, I lean it and know you're a fan...just not sure how quickly they adapt to that offense and while I'm not positive they need to click on all cylinders to cover the 19, I've contemplated taking them in the 2h depending on watching how they start out. Certainly don't disagree with it.

Nice call on Rutgers...they've clearly improved enough on both sides of the ball to the extent that they can cover the big spreads. And not lose by 70 haha.

Reactions: KJ
Thanks for giving me a reason to pop Purdue today. Don't know much about them except allegedly their defense is looking better than last year (which wouldn't take much). Tailing yo ass on that one.

Nice call on Rutgers...they've clearly improved enough on both sides of the ball to the extent that they can cover the big spreads. And not lose by 70 haha.

They were using play clock well with Kill's offense. Washington was flat, which helped. But they should be more competitive this year.

Well, word out of camp is the team has really taken to Herman's offense. From a talent perspective, they are just loaded on the offensive side of the ball. I actually think that the Terps defense will be better this year (phil steele like bold prediction) but they were a special kind of awful last year given their offensive opponents.

Texas hasn't shown the ability to blow out power 5 conference lessers so there is definitely concern and Terps likely find pay dirt a few times.

Gl kid.. hope you prosper in'17

Gotta play Sgu bro. Wyoming has all world Qb but he lost all his receivers and NFL running back. True frosh starting at center against what D.C. Phil Parker calls his best front 7 since he has been at Iowa. Everyone knows about preseason all American LB Josey jewel but few are tuned into to top tier Dline. The name is AJ Espinosa. 5 star recruit and reports are very experienced Sg o line can't block him in practice. That o line btw returns everyone and last year won many awards as best online in CFB..

So why semi short number? Neophyte at QB and complete question mark, Stanley. That will be a problem later vs the pedophiles and tOSU but joebren at QB could roll this Wyoming defense who returns almost everyone from one of worst defenses in CFB.

I'm mostly retired tho. gl

I did add it yesterday. I was very influenced by pstone who thought the game was a trap. The more I thought about it, the more I find it hard for the QB to be a one man show given new targets. And as I said orginially ... when Iowa is this good along the offensive and defensive lines, I make money on them

GL with em, be curious to see Iowa dline against that Oline...will tell the story me thinks

Well, cowboys didn't ask for them to pass protect long last year. A lot of quick throwing.

The real fun will be watching Iowa run it down Wyomings throat.

I see you are vested in Purdue. Can't argue, but more interested to see what your number is on the total. My book is holding mid 60s. UL should break 40. Does Brohm have the horses to go toe-to-toe in your opinion?

45-24

Certainly lean toward a high scoring game based on Lamar and the Purdue coaching staff. There should be a lot of plays and a lot of chunk plays. With that said, they haven't exactly totaled it as a mistake and in the event Blough isn't really healthy, and the Boilers haven't really mastered the offensive system yet, I am not sure I want to two units on needing them to score. But to your point ... I cannot back Purdue in this game unless I think they can score because I know Ville will.

Any thoughts on the line move in the Nebraska game? I haven't played it, but am considering it now at -14.

Likely smart money of some kind. At 14 and 48, you are asking the sun belt squad to hold Nebraska to 31 pts at home. Weather looks good.

I doubt that Nebraska does not exceed that team total as they traditionally put up a number in games like this despite what Ark St likes to do.

There could also be a lot of nonbelievers in Tanner Lee. It is one thing to hear about what he is doing in camp but it is another thing to remember what we saw with our own eyes when he was at Tulane.

I think nebraska curbstomps them but when the dog of this size takes money like this on game day, I do get concerned because it usually isn't your average casual bettors all lining up together to take it. It's usually big money from someone who knows something.

Well, cowboys didn't ask for them to pass protect long last year. A lot of quick throwing.

The real fun will be watching Iowa run it down Wyomings throat.

It's already happening before the end of the first quarter, this is such a mismatch. Hope we hit obviously.

Back