RetroVK

This claim is disputed
season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 23-20 -1.17units

dogs 28-19 +15.45units
overs 4-5-2 -1.00 units
unders 16-6-1 +9.08 units<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

kansas city royals --Angels traveling back to the mississippi to take on the royals and give the ball to Santana. No need to get into his home and away splits as we are all pretty aware of them. He has pitched much better so far on the road this year but he has also worked really hard. This poor guy threw 647 pitches in the month of april. That has to take some toll on the guy. He pitches worse against kansas city than vs any other team in the league. They are 30/76 off of him. cough cough cough. Ok so the royals send out the famous "hard luck Tomko" to record angel outs. Angels bat an ok .269 against tomko but the rbi guys have not hit him well. vlad 1/13 , anderson 1/7 although hunter is ok at 3/10. He really didnt pitch poorly vs the angels last time but a two out 3 rbi double ny anderson scored three runs.... and he eventually lost 3-5. I thought this line would be in the realm of -115 vs -105 but i guess tomkos short outing , santanas early record , era and whip and the fact that angels are a public darling .... we get a nice price here. Anytime i can bet a team plus 35 cents like i did here AND i actually EXPECT them to win ... i feel like i have great value.

reds -- I would be an idiot if i was not a bit scared of laying money on the reds right now. I have a season long bet on these guys and it already looks like it might be toilet paper. With that said a lot of my favorite angles in baseball are in play here. Cubs havent seen cueto , reds hit dempster well , cubs first game of a second road series , reds off getting swept on the road, cubs may be without their best left handed bat. Cueto has a deceivingly better whip than his numbers even indicate so far because of last start. Reds bats awaken sunday. Just a lot of things point to the reds here ..... so even though they are playing the worst baseball in the league right now ... i can back them here at -115 i think

white sox and over 8 -- I will start with baserunners. I think we see a lot of them. Mcgowan and vazquez both can really struggle with control at times and kulpa behind the plate struggles with calling strikes. McGowan has 17 walks in 35.1 innings. thats a lot of walks and the white sox are a pretty veteran patient team at the plate ... so i expect them to be patient here ... and i am giving them credit for it ... because as bad as they have been hitting the normal reaction from hitters is to press and swing at bad pitches. The sox dont really hit mcgowan all that well at a .250 clip so that is a concern ( really early in the year it has been hard to find too many pitchers that this lineup hits well .. very overrated team early in my opinion ). The key will be Swisher. he is 1 of 10 with seven strikeouts vs mcgowan. Get something out of him and i think the white sox score. If mcgowan throws strikes ... we could be in some trouble cause the white sox simply arent hitting. Vazquez has nasty stuff and the sox tend to give him good run support. He has pretty much owned the bjays lineup but he is also a guy that can lose control and walk folks. Again with kulpa out there .. hard to believe he doesnt give a few free passes. The bluejays are hitting better than the white sox right now as well.... and playing better ball in general. 8 just seems too low to me for an american league game with these two particular pitchers..... so many concerns though ... the white sox may be batting so poorly right now that i shouldnt back them .. especially to an over. And none of mcgowans started games have hit double digits in runs scored. Both of these guys have also thrown 600 pitches or more already and again ,,, i promise you that hurts a pitchers stuff at some point. May not be monday but it is coming ... a day where the arm is just a bit too overworked.
like i said ... too many concerns for a full play here so i bet this on a little parlay.

thats all i really like for tomorrow.
official plays post incoming.

gl gang

official plays

reds -115
royals +135

20 to win 55 ... white sox -110 with whitesox/jays over 8 -105

As usual the parlay will be put in the middle attempts/etc area for record keeping.

gl gang

official add on play

dodgers -127

no write up here ... basically couldnt find the number we wanted all day and finally got it at leroys. i never edit official plays posts after the first game has gone off so sorry for plays in two separate posts.

ok another winning day as the additional add on play of the dodgers was an easy winner.

Went 2-1 , plus 1.00 units for the day ......i also lost my mini parlay thingamajig and that will be reflected in the appropriate area.

reds -- Went pretty much as we expected as we got an early lead and the bullpen held on. Major sweat in top of the ninth but cordero got out of the jam. Have to think we were on the correct side of this one.

royals -- Got even more than i expected out of Tomko. He again lived up to his "hard luck" nickname as despite not allowing a run the royals could not muster one either. Suppose this loss came down to Santana proving me wrong. He pitched well ... despite past history here vs the royal lineup and despite his history last year on the road. That is quite a few quality road starts in a row for Santana now. Has he turned a corner ? Angels score four in the top of the ninth to win this one.

dodgers -- we got a leadoff homer from furcal to start the game and were never tied or losing again after that. Billingsley was dealing and the dodger bullpen was effective as well. kind of a cruise to victory here. Sort of happy about this one as me and my buddy had kind of written this game off as far as getting a play in. We established the number we were willing to play and we finally got one below that ...... nice for the patience and diligence to pay off.

parlay -- white sox cant hit right now. if i do another parlay of the cws to the over before they prove that they are out of the slump just shoot me. In my defense, i did recognize that there were some concerns and saved myself some dough from not putting a unit on the side or total. chicago just cant muster anything offensively.

be back later or in the morning for tomorrows thoughts.

updated baseball record<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 25-20 +0.83 units

dogs 28-20 +14.45units
overs 4-5-2 -1.00 units
unders 16-6-1 +9.08 units<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

good job VK - shouldve added the dodgers as well... too easy. don't know what the hell went on in arz, guess i'll have to watch sportscenter and read some articles

renew ... wrong forum maybe ........ but i was actually impressed by the hornets tonight. Being a cynic .... that is rare for me but wow ... they play great basketball and Paul just .... well .. he amazes me. With players like him , maybe i can get back into the nba again.

Also , great call on the cardinals/rockies game. ... saw you were on the cards and as i recall you liked the over as well ... and it did make it to the 11 runs. crazy game there.

Anyway I thought the spurs would win tonight ... now i think the hornets take the series. From what i saw ,..... just hard to imagine the spurs taking four of five from that unit. If ya advance .... please beat the lakers.

renew ... wrong forum maybe ........ but i was actually impressed by the hornets tonight. Being a cynic .... that is rare for me but wow ... they play great basketball and Paul just .... well .. he amazes me. With players like him , maybe i can get back into the nba again.

Also , great call on the cardinals/rockies game. ... saw you were on the cards and as i recall you liked the over as well ... and it did make it to the 11 runs. crazy game there.

Anyway I thought the spurs would win tonight ... now i think the hornets take the series. From what i saw ,..... just hard to imagine the spurs taking four of five from that unit. If ya advance .... please beat the lakers.

If you want to read all about my hornets you can find my threads. But yes, Chris Paul is the BEST point guard and will probably be my all time favorite player (I was a former point guard in high school). He's a pass first guy for sure but has the quickness to operate anywhere on the court. You just cant dislike this team, well coached, everyone from our starters to our bench fill a specific roll, great team defense. If youre looking to adopt a team, I highly recommend the Hornets.

The Hornets are also used to the underdog roll, all year long we were doubted and underrated. I believe I made a thread about that too. We were #1 for a while earlier in the year up til the All-Star Break, people said we'd drop to a lower seed in the playoffs. We were #1 for a while until the last few games of the year and the Lakers got it, yet by playoff time everyone's picking the Mavs, now everyones picking the Spurs, and next round everyone will be picking the Jazz or Lakers (if we advance). I've come to accept it and the team has too. watched nearly every game so I know this team very well... if you cant tell already im a die hard fan.

i am a kobe hater first and a cheer for duncan guy second right now ... so i am still cheering for the spurs .. but would definitely cheer for the hornets in the next round if they advance.

Back