Thursday trouble in Beantown Discussion

Poor Tribe had a 40-degree homestand. 80 and blue skies now.

Currently avoiding the game. Do like KC but ran into a poster I try not to bet against.

The poster I mentioned is better than anyone on this site or Covers.
I do not as a general rule make rote bets but am thinking about one on the Cardinals and since almost noone here seems to bet them. Oh Well.
Looks like the 2 0-3s will be 0-4s

Both teams but Yanks better form currently.
SF at home in May 15-5. Also 11-1 last 12
Hudson 14-6 and 7 of last 10
Real interest in a time machine to go back and play KC
Possible interest in Texas first half and the under.
Ambushing Del La Rosa
Did get a bet in on over 8.5 even in Oakland but fairly annoyed.

That's a preposterous comment

Lets put it this way. I know the records of people here and he is better and I know the records of a lot of the posters at Covers and he is better. Believe it. Do not believe it. Not really important.

So u guys like the yanks due to their win record on Thursdays?
Or more behind it?

Try an experiment. Bet some on a top team. Wild guess Cardinals. Today they might lose. Long streak broken but you are not close to giving them the respect they deserve

i do pretty well with them overall,this series wasnt exactly a high point for me but i hit the total every day i lost against them so it is what it is. i think our pen is living on borrowed time as of late. maybe i gave scrubbies more respect than they deserve as they managed to botch several winnable gms this series,.

i do pretty well with them overall,this series wasnt exactly a high point for me but i hit the total every day i lost against them so it is what it is. i think our pen is living on borrowed time as of late. maybe i gave scrubbies more respect than they deserve as they managed to botch several winnable gms this series,.

should have won the first, probably the first two. With my u83 I feel very fortunate

So u guys like the yanks due to their win record on Thursdays?
Or more behind it?

i do not like them, still need to look more into how much Eovaldi has been seen

Tillman hasn't been Tillman, besides those big A Rod numbers vs CT, Gardy 6 for 27, Tex 7 for 21, Bal cold bats, Yanks better pen and last AB

should have won the first, probably the first two. With my u83 I feel very fortunate

really no reason whatsoever that i couldnt get the split i expected out of that series. cant believe how well the pen has held up, not only cause of the increased work of late but also they are simply not the sub 1 era pen they have pitched as thus far, hell no pen is and this pen with walden out isnt exactly loaded with guys with great stuff. only fortune i felt was hitting the totals gave me the resolve to play gm 3, and the under paying for the play today which was the only one out of the 4 i really think was probably ill advised..

Take it with a grain of salt (goes back to 2013), but the thing I saw about Haren was his 21 runs allowed in his L5 starts (28.1 innings pitched) following an outing in which he allowed zero runs. I thought it was interesting and was enough to make me pull the trigger on San Fran.

i really didnt see a whole lot with the night card,. maybe zona, leaning your way with sf.

Lets put it this way. I know the records of people here and he is better and I know the records of a lot of the posters at Covers and he is better. Believe it. Do not believe it. Not really important.

I totally get it doesn't matter but my point is records don't mean shit to me. The point of these boards is to share information. Not just blindly follow cappers. I don't understand why it's so difficult to share why people make the bets they make.

I pulled the trigger on Cincy for some action, just because the last 7 years Cincy and ATL are tied for first in the MLB in three-game road sweeps (20). And because DeSclafani and the Reds already swept Burnett and the Bucs in game 3 of a 3-game series four weeks ago today. I got in at 135 last night. Gyno's Daily Notes had a nice little write-up on the matchup:

Home-field advantage gives A.J. Burnett the edge necessary to head the solid tier. The Cincinnati Reds visit PNC Park and while they've picked it up lately, for the season they're sporting a wOBA below league average while whiffing a bit more than most. Burnett has his walk rate back under control and should do his part to keep this a low-scoring game.

Anthony DeSclafani will be Burnett's mound counterpart in this tilt. He gets to face a Pittsburgh Pirates offense struggling to put runs on the board as the home team possesses the fourth-worst wOBA in the league while being one of the five easiest squads to fan. Truth be told, an argument could be made for DeSclafani to be ahead of Burnett, but his .183 BABIP has yielded a 2.03 ERA much better than his 3.86 FIP and 4.11 xFIP say it should be. The win is really too close to call, which renders both Burnett and DeSclafani better cash-game pitchers, especially on sites with multiple pitchers, but this also affords a great chance to hedge by playing two lineups, one featuring Burnett and the other DeSclafani.

I figure if it's a coin flip game then give me the underdog.

I pulled the trigger on Cincy for some action, just because the last 7 years Cincy and ATL are tied for first in the MLB in three-game road sweeps (20). And because DeSclafani and the Reds already swept Burnett and the Bucs in game 3 of a 3-game series four weeks ago today. I got in at 135 last night. Gyno's Daily Notes had a nice little write-up on the matchup:

that pretty fascinating. almost as much so as how bad sox are at avoiding them. cant wait for wacha/liriano 2marro night,. with way pit swinging the bats and way liriano owns the cards i dont care who the ump is that a pitcher duel waiting to happen.

that pretty fascinating. almost as much so as how bad sox are at avoiding them. cant wait for wacha/liriano 2marro night,. with way pit swinging the bats and way liriano owns the cards i dont care who the ump is that a pitcher duel waiting to happen.

can't disagree

grabbing Tillman now

GL When I looked at Tillman's splits this year that seemed wrong so I played Yankees. I also played Burnett based on splits and ability in this COINFLIP game and took Tampa bay under first half. Nothing big but Tillmans splits do suck here. This could be good for you as I might be a fade. BOL
small on over in NY

I totally get it doesn't matter but my point is records don't mean shit to me. The point of these boards is to share information. Not just blindly follow cappers. I don't understand why it's so difficult to share why people make the bets they make.
Aggree. But when I track someone for a month and with no reasoning see him hit low 70% it creates a problem

GL When I looked at Tillman's splits this year that seemed wrong so I played Yankees. I also played Burnett based on splits and ability in this COINFLIP game and took Tampa bay under first half. Nothing big but Tillmans splits do suck here. This could be good for you as I might be a fade. BOL
small on over in NY

Tillman has been very bad this year, more of a play based on trusting him to turn it around than current form or his start to the season

You tracked him for a month … I think you know his best day of the week, you old dog, you.

I
know 2 things. I forgot to bet Texas first half and this season Miami has not won the first game of a road trip.
The first was a Big mistake.

Aggree. But when I track someone for a month and with no reasoning see him hit low 70% it creates a problem

It really does not matter. What good is it if there's no reasoning? You and I never post records. Or at least I don't think you do. Just provide information. Anyone could hit 70% for a month. It's really not that difficult to get that lucky. Should me 70% for 3 seasons and then maybe I'll think of blindly tailing him/her.

Both the Padres and Dbacks found their groove yesterday and now they're playing in hitter friendly confines of Chase with the roof open and wind blowing out hard. Over 8.5 for me.

Any way the problem with playing Hudson is he is still an old man playing at a park where he is 1-2 this season.

Understand not trusting Hudson, but
Haren last 3 seasons May 6-12, 3-8 road (teams record)
Stanton 3/18, Gordon 1/8, Morse 6/27, Ichiro 14/65 vs Hudson
Mia: 2-5 L7 G1, 2-7 L9 road vs RHP, 2-7 L9 road/dog
SF 5-0 L5 off loss, 8-1 L9 home, 7-1 L8 Hudson home starts vs team with losing record
SF Home and stays home
Mia goes DC to SF

Frisco is correct. Agree. Just hard for me. Will check ref. Pitt looks good so far

Back