Thursday Night Special

atolunch

Pretty much a regular
OK people, playing this one early and often.

The line has dipped down to 2.5, hammering the beloved 'Canes. The D is becoming comfortable, and used to each other, 3 games into the season. The O is starting to gel as well under the guidance of Wright. Look for the O line to wear out A&M, and really blow this thing open late.

The Aggies have played on marginal D-1 team in Fresno, and don't kid yourself, this isn't the talented Fresno team of years gone by, they gave up 45 points, and needed OT to eek out a win.

The "Canes are getting no respect, mostly because of the dismantling the were given at the hands of potential National Champion Oklahoma Sooners. A&M isn't anywhere near that caliber of team.

Look for the "Canes, big and easy on Thursday.

BOL to all!!:smiley_acbe:

Good luck man. I like the defense still for Miami. The only concern is Aggy plays to competitions level

Few thoughts on this game...

TAMU has been real bad covering spreads in OOC games.

Miami is 9-0 on Thursday nights.

Under is 21-5 in Miami's last 26 home games and Miami has gone under 48.5 in 12 of their last 13 games, the lone game going over that total is Oklahoma.

As far as this match up goes. I see the forecast is predicting rain all week and it could be a little sloppy out there but being a weatherman is the best job in the world, you are never held accountable when you are wrong. With that said, I put little stock in what they have to say. Both teams strengths are their running games with out a doubt. Miami offense has trouble scoring points, I don't think there is an excuse for scoring 23 vs. FLINT. TAMU on the other hand has had the luxury of playing 3 games at home and they haven't played any tough competition. I just see a very boring and run dominated game. One thing I did notice about the Miami-OU game is that Miami held them to a respectable amount of rush yards and yard per attempt but they were flat out abused by the passing game which TAMU does not have.

I still think Under 48.5 which has now moved to 47.5 is the best play in this game.

I know A&M has one of the top 5 offensive lines in the country with 2 different style running backs that is very affective (a speedster and a bull rusher). I give them the edge on this game b/c they will control the clock and wear the Cane's Defense down by the fourth.

Few thoughts on this game...

One thing I did notice about the Miami-OU game is that Miami held them to a respectable amount of rush yards and yard per attempt but they were flat out abused by the passing game which TAMU does not have.

After watching the ULM game I was very surprised about our passing game. McGee actually threw down the field quite a lot. Finally Fran decided to use Martellus!! And!! even more exciting, he actually had more pass yards than he did rushing yards. Granted ULM has one of the worst secondaries in the nation, it gave me hope that possibly we will be able to pass on miami. I really think miami will stuff our run game. I mean cmon... how hard is it to prepare for the option.... So if the pass game of A&M shows up like it did at ULM, there might be a chance for the over (we might win); however, i still the think the under is the better bet.

I havent really seen much of Miami's O, but I can tell you that A&M Defense is absolutely horrid. Dawson still ran all over us and the way we play our 4 -2 - 5 D, the worst pass attacking team will become a top 25 passing team instantly. We always play at least 5-10 feet off the man, it's horrible. We never ever make plays on the ball, Darnell drills it into the players, just hit the man. So there is a possibility that there is a shot at the over, but once again, that depends on the aggies ability to pass the ball, which did look good last weekend against a scrub secondary.

I don't think that A&M has covered in a non-conference road game in like 500 years. That fact along with the fact that this team is still coached by Franchione make me lean towards the Canes.

After watching the ULM game I was very surprised about our passing game. McGee actually threw down the field quite a lot. Finally Fran decided to use Martellus!! And!! even more exciting, he actually had more pass yards than he did rushing yards. Granted ULM has one of the worst secondaries in the nation, it gave me hope that possibly we will be able to pass on miami. I really think miami will stuff our run game. I mean cmon... how hard is it to prepare for the option.... So if the pass game of A&M shows up like it did at ULM, there might be a chance for the over (we might win); however, i still the think the under is the better bet.

I havent really seen much of Miami's O, but I can tell you that A&M Defense is absolutely horrid. Dawson still ran all over us and the way we play our 4 -2 - 5 D, the worst pass attacking team will become a top 25 passing team instantly. We always play at least 5-10 feet off the man, it's horrible. We never ever make plays on the ball, Darnell drills it into the players, just hit the man. So there is a possibility that there is a shot at the over, but once again, that depends on the aggies ability to pass the ball, which did look good last weekend against a scrub secondary.

Thank you for commenting because I am sitting here feeling like I have an absolute steal with Under 48.5. I saw that you guys worked on the passing game this week throwing it 35 times but that really doesn't do much for me in this game. I think on the road Fran would alike to avoid the turnovers and play field position thus keeping the ball on the ground. I think you run the ball 40-45 times in this one and I think Miami will do the same but I think Miami will have more success running it. Their scoring offense should not torch you guys or you have some serious issues. They put up 31 vs. Marshall and 23 vs. FLINT. How is your field goal kicker? I hope the weather is real shitty and this game is like 17-13 whoever.

Our field goal kicker doesn't usually miss. Fran is always great about kicking field goals even if we are on the one yard line and refuses to rush J Train, which might help the under. Trust me we have serious issues in our Defense. I know ULM had at least 200 yard rushing on us.

Honestly I think Fran is starting to feel the hot seat too. He single handedly lost games last year to OU and NEB due to his play calling. I think he understands now that you dont play to not lose, you have to play to win. From many years of experience, you are probably right about the fact that he will play conservatively, but I think this is one of the biggest games for him. He has to show that he will be able to beat good teams and not just scrubs and by playing conservatively, he wont win. That's why I feel, he will call plays to let McGee to air the ball out. McGee was only a passer in high school until he got here. And on top of the fact that McGee was so successful last week, he should have the confidence to let the ball fly. I think if we are successful in the beginning with the pass, we are very likely to go back to our run game because they now will have to respect our pass. But once again, I never know what the heck is going on in our coach's mind.

And, really dont expect the Aggie Defense to do any stopping. hahaah i hate darnell. 4-2-5 ugh so bad

Lunch

Agree, like the UNDER as well. A+M is a run oriented offense which doesn't bode well against Miami. Very low scoring game, we grab a couple of turnovers, Coop and James have nice games and get the win (21-10 kind of game). Also, Johnson (DB-Miami) is out of the doghouse and in the starting line-up my boy tells me. Will move Randy Phillips to the other safety beside Kenny Phillips (best safety in the land).

I'm still on the fence for the total.

IF the weather moves in, I actually lean a little more towards the Over, can easily see a D touchdown or two!!

No doubt it will be a run fest, its just a matter of if (or how many) get broken. 5 TD's and a FG aren't too much for a college game.

It just the "Canes for me!!

Thanks for the input though guys, and BOL!!

I'm still on the fence for the total.

IF the weather moves in, I actually lean a little more towards the Over, can easily see a D touchdown or two!!

No doubt it will be a run fest, its just a matter of if (or how many) get broken. 5 TD's and a FG aren't too much for a college game.

It just the "Canes for me!!

Thanks for the input though guys, and BOL!!

That would be 38 points.

My bad on the total, I had 38 stuck in my head.

Guess i'm still celebrating last nights Beagles/Skins game, Under the total!!

Nonetheless, total is no play for me here.

BOL with whatever you decide to play.

Thanks guys, your thoughts have me going for a 46.5 under. Fran is on the spot and when someone's in that position they do what they know how to do. In Fran's case that's run..run...run. That's what he did in Kansas, at SouthWest TX State (now Texas St), at New Mexico and at TCU. It's 1.5 off the opening line which concerns me a bit because I lost my last two by 0.5 but I'm comfortable with the number just now. Good Luck. PS: I'm leaning towards the Ball Coach Everythingthatsgreen, are you on him as well (if you've answered this in another thread, my apol, I'll get to it in a bit)?

Numbers appear to be settling in at 2.5 and 46.5.

I wouldn't be surprised if it went to 3 and 45, personally.

We'll see what happens.

Total down to 45.5.

Line holding steady at 2.5. Actually seen where the public is on A&M, can't figure out this one for the life of me. While i'll admit i'm a "Canes backer, this one just doesn't make any sense (see above write up).

Anyway, anything can happen, but i'm chunking it on this one.

BOL with whatever way you go!!

my UNDER 48x is looking pretty damn good right now:)

not sure what the hell is going on either. this will probably end up in a track meet!!!

Back