****Thursday Night Report- WVU/MD

• Thread starter Thread starter joebrensports
  • Start date Start date
J

joebrensports

2007 CFB Record 10-8

Maryland (+points)- I won't lock my bet in till tomorrow night, because its moving in my favor. This line is atrocious. Just to give you an idea of how bad this line is, LY WVU played at home vs MD and was a 17.5 point fav and won 42-24. WVU is basically the same team, minus a WR and a couple of defensive players. MD is a slightly improved team on defense. Right now the line sits at WVU as a -16.5 in MD with big juice leaning on the fav. Anyone who can do math would know fair value is about WVU -8. I will take the big dog in MD under the lights on Thursday Night. I will post my line tomorrow night.

Enjoy the game.

I think the line is about right. Remember last year WV was up 28-0 in the first quarter and could've slaughtered Maryland but they took the foot off the pedal. In the 3rd Q maryland got 2 quick touchdowns and Rodriguez ripped his team a new and they put it back on the burner but just covered. Last week was an 11:00 am start and the boys were still hungover for a half until they got their asses in gear. Also , this is a primtimer where WV needs to show they are NC worthy and Slaton lives for these games b/c they pulled his scholly. Add that Maryland has a piece of junk for a QB instead of a Sr starter(Hollenbach). I can see another thrashing with the possibilty of the ole backdoor.

Maryland is 1-4 the last 4 years in Thursday night games, with an average loss of 23 points. They can't prepare with a short week.

Trends don't mean shit. Give me 4 trends on one side, I will give you four on the other. MD has been a mediocre to below mediocre team now for a couple of years. I think MD is slightly improved from LY. WVU is a bored football team right now. I don't think MD gets them excited, they beat them every year.

I agree, I don't believe in trends much either.

But ones that point to a coaches inability to prepare his squad in 4 days, or the fact his players don't react well to being in the National spotlight catch my eye. Add that, with the fact WVU doesn't have a run of the mill Offense, I think there may be a few problems.

If Slaton decides not to run for 200 on the team that withdrew his scholarship, then so be it. You win, I lose.

I guess we'll see after the game is over.

lets not forget that once slaton gets his 200, devine is going to come in and run for at least another 100. Plus if they put 8 in the box to stop slaton pat white is capable enough to throw the ball to renaud who proved last week to be a legitimate threat at reciever.

Noel Devine is the one reason I dont see WVU blowing huge leads this year...which is why I have taken the 'neers minus big road chalk for a 2nd week in a row. There have been some heated differences on games this week like UT-FLA and this one... I love it

WVU is a bored football team right now.

I'm sorry, but this is the dumbest thing I've ever read this week. How is any national champion hopeful going to be bored. They aren't bored, but I will say that Maryland will be up for this game (just like Marshall). However, Maryland does not have it in them to hang in this game. If I'm wrong, fine...I'll lose 2 units, but to claim that WVU is bored is just wrong.

Noel Devine is the one reason I dont see WVU blowing huge leads this year...which is why I have taken the 'neers minus big road chalk for a 2nd week in a row. There have been some heated differences on games this week like UT-FLA and this one... I love it

WORD :cheers:

WVU 'an_horse'
All others :whip:

Trends don't mean shit. Give me 4 trends on one side, I will give you four on the other. MD has been a mediocre to below mediocre team now for a couple of years. I think MD is slightly improved from LY. WVU is a bored football team right now. I don't think MD gets them excited, they beat them every year.

I agree, especially when trends go way back when the current players weren't on the team.

Looks like the unexcited WVU squad did pretty well last night.

Make that "trend" 1-5. Ignoring a coach's weakness shouldn't become a habit.

GL on the rest.

Those bored 'neers looked pretty solid last night, then again Maryland is freaking terrible. Thats 2 weeks in a row that they have covered and by a total of what? a point and a half? haha, I am glad I am not betting against them. I would be pissed.

Noel Devine is a beast. How good do you think Rich Rodriguez is feeling thinking that even if they lose Slaton to the draft, they get to play this kid full-time with Pat White for another year? HA! Must be nice

I'm shocked Devine is even allowed to play college football, I heard his grades were unbelievably bad, that's why he isn't at a bigger school. His high school highlight video is seriously better than Reggie Bush's though. They won't miss a beat if Slaton leaves.

Back