Thursday Night Football (Week One)...

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
0-0-0

So-so season last time out. Excited to have football back, boycotted the MLB and other distractions this year to be 'pigskin ready'. Let's make bank.

First game goes tonight and it's a bit of an iffy one but it's almost impossible not to play it given it's the season opener, so one can be forgiven for a little ill discipline to begin things.

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

The play...

Broncos -7.5 +101 (2 to win 2.02)

Not much to go on in the early days other than last year's form, a few preseason glimpses and and the injury report (which, imo isn't overly relevant in Week's 1 or 2 unless it's the dude under center). All smoke and mirrors for the most part, so I'm gonna keep it simple to open the account.

1. Will play the line the books gave us which is relatively strong all things considered (had it pinned as 6.5 when coming up with my own lines). Can't remember the last time I saw a Superbowl champ open the season as a TD+ dog (and a popular one to boot).

2. Peyton Manning at home on primetime, with his final previous season memory being the Ravens walking off his field victorious en route to the AFC Championship game. Don't think he allows Flacco the opportunity to tie/or win the game on a 70 yard 'pass n' pray' this time around.

Good luck this season, fellas...

:shake:

Back