Thursday NFL Play (Opening the Season up with a 2 Unit Play)

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Indianapolis Colts -6 (2 Units)

This should be an electric atmosphere at Lucas Oil Stadium. Wait, that's not until NEXT year. I meant the RCA Dome. There will be a pre-game ceremony honoring last year's super bowl champs. And there's lots of talk about this game being a preview of the 2007 Super bowl. I expect the crowd and the expectations to rattle the Saints early. There is plenty of talk about the Saints explosive pass offense led by Drew Brees. But remember, the 2nd year player Marques Colston takes over as the #1 WR. And (also young) the slot in 06' WR Devery Henderson enters into a starting role albeit with some indecision as Terrance Copper or David Patten could challenge him for that role. So, the 07' Saints passing attack is WITHOUT Joe Horn, has a 2nd year undrafted #1 WR who teams have film on and will be prepared for, and a #2 WR who might not even be the starter by mid-season. This should allow the Colts to focus primarily on Reggie Bush in the passing game.

The Colts run defense DOES have question marks, and I expect the Saints to keep it on the ground early on. But I see the Colts D coming out fired up at home, on a special night, and with a chip on their shoulder as many critics are downplaying this defensive unit after losing a few players. Remember the Colts defense improved greatly in the 06' playoffs when the games truly mattered. They allowed just 83ypg on the ground. I'm betting those numbers carry over into this season, as the front 7 all returns with the exception of a new DT, un-drafted rookie Ed Johnson, and the promotion of Freddy Keiaho to starting OLB. Keiaho was a reserve last year, but did see action at the end of last season and in the playoffs. He produced when he played.

Once the Colts get on offense, it's all business for Manning, Harrison, and Wayne. The Saints upgraded their secondary adding (ironically) former Colts CB Jason David. Reggie Wayne doesn't care. "He's a scrappy guy," said Wayne, another New Orleans native. "He'll probably be a lot more worried than I will. But he's a good player." Starting SS Roman Harper is coming off a serious season-ending knee injury in '06. Expect Manning to exploit him early in this contest. On the ground, the Saints allowed nearly 130 ypg. They return ALL 3 LB's from that brutal rush defense of last year: Scott Fujita, Mark Simoneau, and Scott Shanle. WHO?????? Joe Addai should have no problem gaining yards in this game and keeping the defense honest enough to allow Manning, Harrison, and Wayne to do work.

I like the Colts to jump on top of the Saints early in this one. I expect New Orleans to attack the Colts on the ground early on, and the Colts know this and will be prepared and fired up behind the electric crowd. The Colts offense should have no problem putting up points on this team. I see the Colts getting ahead by 14-17 points in the first half, causing the Saints to become one dimensional with the pass. Brees will force the issue plenty of times, and he will throw a few picks. This game will be a wake-up call for New Orleans. The Colts are the REAL super-bowl contenders. The Saints remain a good team in a weak conference.

Final Score: Colts 35 Saints 17

All of my game write-ups won't be this long during the season, but hopefully it will be a successful year! I'm pretty confident we can open the season with a win Thursday night in Indianapolis.

Good luck to all :cheers:

This line was bet Wednesday night with a local. I think this line will climb to 6.5, maybe even to 7 by game-time. I'd play the Colts now if you like them.

Good luck. On it at -5.5 Always good to see solid NFL cappers as yourself on the same side. Good luck bro, let's cash this!

I think you are on the right side, as the superbowl champs tend to come out strong on opening day each year. I am worried about the Colts D, especially against the run with Bush and Deuce on the other side, but I think this early in the year defense usually has a leg up. I am playing the under personally, but I tend to lean to Indy on the side.

Good Luck

Grok.

i have this game 28-24 indy or 30-23 indy. still looking into a bit more. line is tight imo but i want action since its opening night and all.

I'm leaning toward NO in this one. Kinda reminds me of an NBA scenario of the defending champs Miami playin a young up n comin hungry Chicago team. I played NO team total OVER 23.5 pts. I definitely do not think NO will be able to stop the Colts offense, but rather think Indi comes out flat after their official celebration for the Superbowl with the crowd. Definitely see NO either ruining the party or giving the fans a shootout. I see this as a 27-31 type game. I had this at Indi -4.5, but if I can get 7, I'm probably taking the points. BOL Believe, hopefully we can both hit ours. So far, I'm fine with a NO: 31, Indi- 38. heh. GL on this season, looking forward to it

the chicago bulls are a nightmare matchup for the miami heat. im not sure the same can be said of the saints and colts.

basically, I'm just saying I think Indi comes out flat, especially on defense because I believe you really need to be motivated to play strong D.

GL, bro. Think you're on the right side. Though i hope your predicted score ends up being about 10 points too high.

always good to see you on the same side as me...i believe colts come out gunning..cmon its the superbowl champs...colts win this easy

GL tonight beleive..

I can't see betting a side in the one so I'm content to watch..

Should be a fanstasy players dream tonight..

GL.

After saying I was going to just enjoy the game I made a small wager on Saints ML +205 at 5Dimes. I will still enjoy the game, mopre if the Saints win. It should be a good game. I like the over also, probably should have bet it, LOL...

Really looked like Indy would cruise early, but the Wayne fumble was a HUGE play. Should be a great 2H, but I like Indy's chances. New Orleans run game isn't a huge factor tonight.

Back