Thursday Lakers/Clippers Discussion

Believe,

My comments had nothing to do with what you wrote. I just commented on what I continue to read and hear and it's baffling. The Lakers might not make the playoffs and no one is talking about that. They will be at around midnight Friday if LAL loses these two games and LAC and GS both win theirs. The one team which has been regressing has been the Lakers.

Believe,

My comments had nothing to do with what you wrote. I just commented on what I continue to read and hear and it's baffling. The Lakers might not make the playoffs and no one is talking about that. They will be at around midnight Friday if LAL loses these two games and LAC and GS both win theirs. The one team which has been regressing has been the Lakers.

Ok. I believe LA needs 2 wins to get in out of the next 4.

The Lakers in "pure reality" need 2 wins to be assured of a playoff spot (the best GDS can finish is 42-40, and 2 wins for LAK would put them at 42-40, and they own the tie breaker with GDS). However, they have a home game against SEA & a road game at SAC (which would be the last game of the season for each team) still to come. On present form, neither of those 2 fixtures presents a harder task than the one they face tonight - both are eminently winnable games for LAK, even despite their form.

The question thats arisen for me in light of the above, is how seriously do the Lakers want to win this from a money POV. Both these teams play at the same venue. Both these teams making the playoffs means double the revenue for that venue (in terms of tickets, etc). This is a huge game for LAC in terms of making those playoffs, given this is their game in hand over GDS, and they're .5 of a game back.

Would LAK take the slim risk of not making the playoffs themselves for in-house business reasons? The fact is that even with a win here the Clippers are the most likely of these 3 teams (LAK, GDS, LAC) still not to make the playoffs (since they have to play at PHX yet, a loss that likely ends their chances unless GDS slips somehow with their remaining cupcake games [Dallas excepted]), so the real risk to LAK's playoff hopes with a throw isnt that severe, it simply gives LAC a much better chance.

Of course, the Lakers make the post season with a win here tonight, given LAC has that PHX road fixture to come, it would condemn them to winning at most 40 games (& GDS simply isnt going to slip up to that degree with what they have left).

BTW, I didnt mention NOK because their hopes are a joke.

The question thats arisen for me in light of the above, is how seriously do the Lakers want to win this from a money POV. Both these teams play at the same venue. Both these teams making the playoffs means double the revenue for that venue (in terms of tickets, etc). This is a huge game for LAC in terms of making those playoffs, given this is their game in hand over GDS, and they're .5 of a game back.

Interesting angle!

I honestly don't think any of the Lakers players care about any in-house business deals. Just my opinion though.

That Cavs/Nets under looks tempting enough without trends like those BC. I'd think that we'd see something in the lower 180's if this was a playoff game. In reality though, it is a playoff game.

throwback, now why did I know the garbage king would be touting that:an_roll_laugh:

He still wont answer my question on how Vuck would get a Superbowl victory b4 Manning. He changes the subject and makes fun of the Lakers or my Grammar. He cant say shit.

Manning is not a winner :smiley_acbe:

That proves how much of a joke this dude is.

He used to post all the time now he never does. All he does is breakdown Lakers games like he knows it all.

Im a Laker Homer and I will be on them 2nite. I dont care they need a win bad so do the Clippers but i think the Lakers will want it more when crunch time hits and the game is on the line :shake:

I have no idea who is going to win this game. All I know is I have LAL over 42.5 and under 43.5 wins for the season. I'm weighted on the under so I'm rooting for a Lakers win tonight because I'm pretty confident they lose at Phoenix tomorrow. If I middle this sucker I put 9 units in my pocket. Right now I feel like LAL won't win tonight simply because bets like this are just not made to be middled. LOL

We shall see so my bet tonight is a rooting interest for the Lakers. However I do hold LAC to win the Western Conference at 20:1 which has been a dead bet since about their 15th game of the year. So I also need them to make the playoffs to have the slimest hope that their opponents superstars get injured or else it's money down the drain. However, the Lakers are my big pay day if they can finish on 43.

Good luck

He still wont answer my question on how Vuck would get a Superbowl victory b4 Manning. He changes the subject and makes fun of the Lakers or my Grammar. He cant say shit.

Manning is not a winner :smiley_acbe:

That proves how much of a joke this dude is.

He used to post all the time now he never does. All he does is breakdown Lakers games like he knows it all.

Im a Laker Homer and I will be on them 2nite. I dont care they need a win bad so do the Clippers but i think the Lakers will want it more when crunch time hits and the game is on the line :shake:
LOL..I just saw the bumping of week old threads all over the box..LMAO

Back