Thursday Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter buckeyeburritos
  • Start date Start date
What a shame for Xavier Nady , looks like he is done for the year needing TJ surgery , never gets to play a real game in the STadium and misses opening day...hopefully Yanks bring him back next season...

What a shame for Xavier Nady , looks like he is done for the year needing TJ surgery , never gets to play a real game in the STadium and misses opening day...hopefully Yanks bring him back next season...

wow, real shame. :(

Well the day session was a success hitting on Houston and pushing on the ova which was kinda sick, but the Fish got the cash and trying to get the Indians and Indians to over parlay in.

The night session....

Still can't find a reason not to play the NYM tonight especially w/ Peavy's struggles against left handed sticks and having a slightly worse ERA on the road. Mets are a play for me at home at this price in almost any situation.

Seattle likely will be on the card if I can find +140...

SF/LAD Over 8.5 -20 SF has played 6 straight overs and think they have the ability to get to Stults. Zito lasted 4 innings in his debut and don't expect a much better performance here tonight.

All that really peaks my interest but leans to Phili and Minni
GL on the action tonight

Road teams appear to be on the way to starting the day 4-0, while its impressive this usually balances out throughout the day so buyer beware on these roadies tonight as 4 of 6 roadies are favored.

Also worried to see how many innings Jakubauskus is allowed to go tonight, he prob won't be anywhere near 85-90 pitches so thinking 4 maybe 5 innings then the bp which isn't anything stellar. May just stick to the Mutts and LAD Over

Yanks game went as expected for 6 innings essentially then hell broke loose. Veras fault for walking the leadoff hitter but the missed strikeout by the ump to the next batter where he hits a rope next pitch was the opening of the flood gate. Bottomline is Yanks will struggle vs LHP until Arod gets back or ransom does anything or Matsui wakes up ...CC wasnt sharp but they still maybe hit 2 balls had off him one being Fransisco 's and the other Shoppachs that I recall...Posada got the big hit 2 abs to late stranding a bunch of runners in his earlier atbats and Damon made out with the bases loaded. Guess the announcers missed how the wild pitch screwed them allowing the runners to go to 2nd and 3rd with Jeter up..pitch around jeter with 1st base open who happens to hit well vs Lee and CLE in his career and take your chance with the LH Damon.....anyway ...thats life for me ...lost 2 parlays and probably should have played CLE+1.5 if I was a really smart gambler ....

Tonight :

WSOX ML -120; 1st 5 inn Under (small play under full game -pens scary..)

The play has little to do with Niemann actually . Here it is WSox's chance at payback for elimination in the playoffs. Next 3 SP for TB Shields , Kaz and Garza....ouch .

Longoria out there key RHB and pen there strength from 08 struggling and maybe a tad overworked ..

One concern with Danks is I hate seeing routines getting fucked up and they pushed him back from Tuesday to start here so 7 days bewteen starts. Checked he did this 3 times last year and the 1st time his command wasnt good in May up @Tor but he allowed just 2 runs but was ulled in th b5th when he allowed a 2 out hit then followed with consecutive walks. His other 2 starts were in Sept and gems ...13 inn 8h 0r uns 2bb 8ks....

Danks good history vs TB and was sharp @ TB twice earlier last year before Longoria "arrived "...

Niemann toss out the 1st inn where he allowed 5 runs and 4 hits before retiring a batter was pretty damn good aterward . Like most young RH see LH being his weakness and again WS are predominantly RHBs...something like 2 singles and a few walks from then on and out....

Nats +1.5 RL (small play ML)

Wash has scored runs so far and Martis has some potential IMO ...Blanton as road chalk when he is a contact pitcher ..??

Mets ML (smaller -1.5 play)

On paper NY better team and better bullpen. Peavy has been solid but still allowed 3 runs in both home starts vs LAD and SF . The Mets stacked with LH present a challenge which have caused him some trouble so far looking at the stats ...death on RHBs think lineups stacked with LH could give him some trouble relatively speaking ...

Twins +1.5 RL

Halladay is a beast but Liriano is better then Cliff Lee especially till this point and about 20 cent increase ...not to mention Twins pen is better then CLE...sort of a value play in a game where runs should be at a remium and while Tor has been much better vs LHP so far its still something that was a HUGE weakness in 08 ...(lean under )

LAA ML:

Avoid the sweep but alsu huge sepeartion in SP . Seattle has done well vs LH so far but in general it could be a weakness and Weaver has a history of issues at Safeco....the young SEA pitcher probably wont last more then 5 and I believe they already wrapped this series up just taking the 1st 2 games ...this is a gravy game for them ...

Giants ML and +1.5 RL;
Just think the SP is essentially even and anything can happen . Think -150 is about right not above -160...

:cheers:Good Luck

Talk about things happening threes maybe it should be things happening in D's...Dunn 3run Hr , Dye 2run Hr then Delgado 3run HR ....:cheers:

Looking at Liriano's season :

Twins have scored 1 TOTAL run for him in 2 starts..WSox scored twice off consecutive BB walks in the b5th and then on a fielders choice which I assume was a SP they couldnt turn....Mariners had 4 hits but 4 hrs thanks to the timely longball....

Halladay has been filthy except for when he was on cruise control in his 1st start.....however he has been medicore at the Metrodome past few times..

2 oddest trends ever ..??
<LI class=morehot>Under is 15-2-1 in Lirianos last 18 starts when their opponent scores 5 runs or more in their previous game.<LI class=morehot>Under is 23-9-1 in Blue Jays last 33 during game 4 of a series.

Both pens key arms rested and in solid form it seems.....

Think we see a repeat of game 2 when it was LH vs LH Perkins vs ROmero ...somebody wins 3-2 ...

Lirianio 2 unders because of run support but Halladay 2-0 to the over .....

1st 5 under 3.5 +100 (stronger of the 2 imo)
Under 7 +100 game

No score 1st Inn -150...(small):cheers:

gl with that SN

I was looking at that under, but i'm honestly scared of Liriano

Looking at the LAA game seems like the best way to play may just be LAA -1.5 RL. LAA had nothing but 1 or 2 run losses before yesterday and now get their best SP vs the opposing teams weakest . The kicker I think is SEA only losses have been by 1 run ...seems like the perfect spot for a game to decided by at least 2 ++ runs .....also think SEA is hittimg like 210 vs LH but like 4-0 ..which means they have basically outpitched the opponent when facing a LHP ...can they do that with Saunders starting vs them?

Looking at SF already played +1.5 SFG but didnt have a problem adding the ML when I saw how well Zito has pitched @ LAD or even vs LAD in general....Stults is the rare LHP who cant get LHB out but does do well vs RH which is why he was a perfect matchup IMO vs Zona. In the past SF has hit him in the 3 starts. So played 1st 5 inn ML as well and may add SFG 1st to score .....

also SFG trying to avoid road trip and also lean UNDER ...9 is alot at night in Dodger Stadium......

:cheers:

Back