Thursday CFB Discussion Thread (Big Card)

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
It looks like these Thursday cards continue to get better (perhaps to compete with the NFL game).

I'll be doing some reading and posting thoughts. Feel free to join in. :tiphat:

Oklahoma State has scored on every trip to the red zone this season. ... The Cowboys have averaged 59 points in their past three games against the Red Raiders, all wins.

I can't believe the line is only 14..that seems way too low. I have TT of 42 for OSU and 28 for Tech.

The thing that stands out is that despite the lower #, the line is holding steady which tells me that either OKST is getting all smaller bets and/or there's enough big money backing the dog. I'm liking the dog here to keep it close in a shootout. Ok St secondary is still inexperienced, so this may be a game where Webb can finally break out.

Oklahoma State is last in the Big 12 in opponent’s quarterback efficiency rating (129.6) as it returns just four starting members of its 2013 defense, including one in the secondary (cornerback Kevin Peterson). Texas Tech quarterback Davis Webb has struggled with inconsistency to open the season (Big 12-worst four interceptions), but could find his stride against an inexperienced Cowboys secondary. Oklahoma State allows 240.7 yards per game through the air (ninth in the league), though has three interceptions to its credit. Defensive coordinator Glenn Spencer told local media last week that the Red Raiders have “probably the best vertical passing threat that we’ve seen all year.”

I'm going to gamble on Ok St. line going up to 14.5 after folks get home from work. I might grab it if I get the hook there.

Webb just hasnt put two good drives together this year, so who knows. If the Webb that played ASU last year shows up, he can light it up.

I hit ASU earlier in the week at 5.5 and the ML at +185 but I still think they win the game. I think ASU should be -3

Webb just hasnt put two good drives together this year, so who knows. If the Webb that played ASU last year shows up, he can light it up.

I don't think there's much of a question that TT can put up points through the air tonight. Their defense is so bad, though. It's concerning. OSU might just pound the ball all night and deflate TT much like Ark did. My hope is that TT grows some balls after last week and focuses on stopping the run. This is also the opening conference game for both teams, so I don't expect TT to just lay down.

Appy St continues to get hit. Down to 17. No read on the game. I did think the line was a bit too high. This is a rivalry game, so I don't see a blowout here. GA SO is killing books though, so who knows? No play

what is the Qb situation at OkSt?
Walsh injured or lose the job?

Back