Thursday 5/9 MLB Discussion

Wakefield used to be great at the Trop.

He was awesome but TB was also terrible for most of it. I can't recall the stats but remember for a period of years, Rays were something like 5-50 at boston and yankee stadiim. Irrelevant that it was away just shows how outclassed they were at that point...kinda became the perfect storm...

My Freddy Garcia take -- don't think anyone has long term expectations for him but he was solid for the most part when he got regular starts. Last year he was sort of the od man out from the get go and think he may hve had some ST minor arm issues, which all equaled a fairly lost season. I would taje Garcia for now start by start and while it was the clearly slumping Angels, his first start was pretty damn solid. BTW the Orioles hve the greatest AAA staff ever...in terms of where hve they gone guys that is!! They hve big Mark Hendrickson ...lolpretty funny when I saw the names on the roster some decent ex major leaguers and prospects

Really average starts for CC last 3 and trou ling he has allowed 6hrs and had sone 1st inn issues. Thinl opposibg team has scores first all but once. In terms of days rest he is amazing away w an extras day off. I wrote a post last season before he pitched at texas, early on, think v holland about it. On my phone a pain to look up if the post still is there..anyway check that out and his IL record is amazing .....still tough to lay any price w yanks vs a LH

I've watched all of Haren's starts this year and in the last two he has been much better overall with his location and the splitter has been working better for him. His efficiency (p/inn) has vastly improved from the beginning of the year when he was hanging a lot of pitches.

Is the Dickey knuckleball supposed to "move" better in a dome or outside stadium?

Wakefields were always better in the humidity with a wind out to CF, I kinds think that's the standard but dickey's is much faster. I just think we see a lot of runs today so I have over

TB OVER reasoning:
-Price is always a guy I look to play at The Trop, but he's had serious difficulty this year and I'm not ready to trust him. His 12-2 lifetime record against the Jays is nice, but that was before his velocity dropped on both fastballs and he didn't leave spinning breaking balls down the middle to RH hitters. After him is a bullpen who can't get out of its own way getting overworked while sucking. Fernando Rodney should be available to close today and Joel Peralta should be available in the 8th, but no one else in that bullpen can get outs and I'm still unsure of Rodney. On the other side is a knuckleballer who is tough to predict with a completely gassed bullpen after two early exits from SP. RA Dickey clearly isn't what he was and the Rays are crushing the ball. Tim Welke's tight strikezone behind the plate combined with Toronto playing this series like its manager's job was on the line works well with TB wanting to salvage a split after blowing games 1 & 2. Give me a run to put in my pocket that should be on the total and I'm in to see 8+ men crossing the plate.

I've watched all of Haren's starts this year and in the last two he has been much better overall with his location and the splitter has been working better for him. His efficiency (p/inn) has vastly improved from the beginning of the year when he was hanging a lot of pitches.

I actually had my over play based on Fister struggling today. He didn't finish well vs houston and thought nats wouod present trouble. Agree that Haren jas greatly improved...GL

REMAINING ---

OVER@ baltimore 8u. Like wash yesterday,felt both should have seen more runs. I think good hitting conditions for much of the northeast tonight but just a guess. Two contact SP w HR issues...

Mets ml 8u . -1.5 2u. Over 3u and TT over 2u. Reverse as well. Just trusting Gee's solid starts at home v a LH who has exceeded expectations lately imo

Over @ boston 3u-- same theme northeast overs...correia could be unraveling and while Lackey has been solid taking hin start to strt and pens poor for both imo

Giants ml 11u, F5 3u and -1.5 2u. Play os more ofa fade on atlanta and teaheran then anything else. No business being undefeated at this point and braves tough series vs reds, could weigh on them here abit

Good Luck my original writeups were lost ...sorry ....also lean over @ arizona at7.5 kinda ridiculous imo...

Really really want to play the Angels in some way here but what I've seen in the last couple days is making me gun shy. This is one of those situations where the worst team in the league has beat up on one of the darlings the last couple games and now after getting killed the public wants to switch sides and make their money back. My gut tells me that the Angels win here lopsided. Vargas has been good the last couple starts and the Angels are in desperate need of a win there.

Can't trust Angels at the moment...they had the bad team blues yesterday...get men on hit a dp, get men in scoring positin 2 outs never get a clutch hit....I stayed away ...not a buyer off hiuston can hit LH BUT they have after a period of doing nothing vs them ...

Aded phillies ..unsure about the total ...ml is 5 u

Back