Thursday 12/12/13 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - THU 12/12[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 12/12[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]501[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-3 1.971[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 199.5 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]502[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Brooklyn Nets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+3 1.935[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 199.5 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Thu 12/12[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]503[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+3.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 211.5 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]504[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Portland Trail Blazers [/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-3.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 211.5 1.917[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Hard to believe that Portland will lose twice in one season to Houston at home...

I never have seen a team match up worse than Blazers do against the Rockets. I could see them wining at home here but wrong team is favored given the matchups. Rocks should win SU.

I never have seen a team match up worse than Blazers do against the Rockets. I could see them wining at home here but wrong team is favored given the matchups. Rocks should win SU.
I would think it is the other way around especially at Portland...

Other than Harden vs. Mathews, where exactly does Houston have an edge?

Other than Harden vs. Mathews, where exactly does Houston have an edge?
Are we really comparing Lopez vs Howard?

Parsons is easily better than Batum. Portland may be playing well but Houston is better. Portland has zero chance in the playoffs. Portland is around the sixth best team in the West. It's a long year and the season will catch up to them.

I think Portland has a MUCH better chance of succeeding in the playoffs than the rockets. Much much better.

ROCKETS AT TRAIL BLAZERS, 10:30 P.M. ET
TV: TNT

Assistant coach Kelvin Sampson will run the Rockets tonight in the absence of Kevin McHale, whose mother died Tuesday night. Her memorial service is Friday. He will also miss the Rockets’ Friday night game at Golden State, but could return for Sunday’s visit to Sacramento.
Portland native Terrence Jones will make his first NBA start in his hometown with a key defensive assignment — guarding the Trail Blazers’ All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge. ”We’re going to start with Terrence and play it by ear,” Sampson said. “On the perimeter, (Jones’ defense) is fine. In the post, he has a long way to go. That’s where experience comes in, learning to be physical. Terrence is more of a 4-3 than he is a 4-5. His skills are more perimeter than post. When somebody gets him in the post, he’s not as physical as he needs to be. ”But he’s still so young (21). Guys like LaMarcus can take advantage of you. We have to help him. We told Terrence he’s not on an island by himself. It’s not a one-on-one game. It’s team defense.”
Jones has started the last 14 games after Houston junked the Twin Towers lineup of Dwight Howard and Omer Asik. Asik will miss his fourth straight game tonight with a thigh bruise. Jones is averaging 12.7 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.79 blocked shots in his 14 starts and has six double-doubles. ”We’re ecstatic with the way he has played,” Sampson said. “We weren’t sure about that position. We were committed to the Asik-Howard lineup early. When the season started, Terrence got put on the shelf. He hung in there, didn’t get down, and when we decided to go away from it, he was ready to go.”
Houston won at Portland 116-101 on Nov. 5, with James Harden going for 33 points and Howard 29 points and 13 rebounds. Blazers coach Terry Stotts‘ defensive plan will focus on forcing the Rockets to shoot more mid-range shots than their average. ”Over the course of the game, we’re looking to not let them to the rim, not shoot 3′s and force them to shoot contested ones in between,” Stotts said.
Portland rookie C.J. McCollum, who has missed the entire season with a broken left foot, has been cleared for some basketball activity and was shooting with his teammates prior to tonight’s game. ”He’s gradually building up to when he will be able to practice,” Stotts said. “There is no timeline for his return. I’m anxious for him, because it’s been really tough on him. He’s anxious to play.”
– Kerry Eggers

Share this:

Are we really comparing Lopez vs Howard?

Parsons is easily better than Batum. Portland may be playing well but Houston is better. Portland has zero chance in the playoffs. Portland is around the sixth best team in the West. It's a long year and the season will catch up to them.
disagree - Batum is good..

87 first half points tonight, 214.5 total for the game...why not put up 128 in a half. suuure, that happens

Was locked up with a machine for about 6 hours today and had no time to cap. That said line was crazy. Clippers had 2 quality players out and were playing with absurdly bad rest. Saying they have no backbone---
[TABLE="class: data"]
<tbody>[TR="class: datahead"]
[TD="width: 18%"][/TD]
[TD="width: 27%"]Type[/TD]
[TD="width: 13%"]LAC Line[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]O/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: datarow"]
[TD] 12/12/13[/TD]
[TD] @ Brooklyn [/TD]
[TD] L 93-102[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -1[/TD]
[TD] U 198.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/11/13[/TD]
[TD] @ Boston [/TD]
[TD] W 96-88[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -5[/TD]
[TD] U 195[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/09/13[/TD]
[TD] @ Philadelphia [/TD]
[TD] W 94-83[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -9.5[/TD]
[TD] U 208.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/07/13[/TD]
[TD] @ Cleveland [/TD]
[TD] L 82-88[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -6[/TD]
[TD] U 198.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/05/13[/TD]
[TD] @ Memphis [/TD]
[TD] W 101-81[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -1[/TD]
[TD] U 192.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/04/13[/TD]
[TD] @ Atlanta [/TD]
[TD] L 97-107[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -2.5[/TD]
[TD] O 203.5[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
is a little silly in this situation.

Obviously not the best spot for the Clippers and if they won by 30 it still wouldn't change the fact these guys have no backbone. Not sure what's so silly. They are of zero threat come playoff time. Why does Chris Paul get a free pass around the league? He's won one playoff series in his entire career. What has he done exactly except choke year in year out. I guess he's a good guy that everybody likes so getting bounced in the first round is OK as long as he smiles and shakes everybodys hand.

What CP3 did to DWill last night was disgusting. Never seen a guy fall that violently to the floor on a cross over. A good example of the direction of these 2's careers.

CP3 won at least one series with the Hornets. IMO he's never played with even a top 50 NBA player including Blake Griffin. Best player he's ever played with was David West.

Back