Thursday 03/21/13 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - THU 3/21[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 3/21[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]701[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Portland Trail Blazers [/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+5 1.971[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 187.5 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]702[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-5 1.935[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 187.5 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Thu 3/21[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]705[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Minnesota Timberwolves[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+5.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 212 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]706[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Sacramento Kings[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-5.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 212 2.000[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Strange. I know that Israeli Sport channel has an agreement with TNT and they will broadcast tonight Chicago - Portland game...

Did a little digging for this Chitcago/Poortland game.

Portland is the only team in the NBA with a winning % north of .390 who has failed to register at least 10 road wins. Considering their win% is .463, that means they're a pretty bad road team. To wit -

Portland scoring >104 pts on the road vs ECF teams = 3-0 SU ATS & SU (avg 113.6 ppg)
Portland scoring <105 pts on the road vs ECF teams = 0-8-1 ATS & 0-9 SU (avg 91.6 ppg)

Q: is Portland going to exceed 104 pts in Chitcago?

-----

In recently appraising Miami's chances of getting to 33-34 straight wins I maligned Chitcago's home record, which is a pitiful 18-15 for a supposedly good team (even sans Rose). But here they aren't facing Miami, but are facing a revenge fixture. This season Chitcago is 6-0 SU & 4-2 ATS (5-1 to Under) playing a home game off a home SU loss...

- the 2 ATS failures (O/U 1-1) came in very early November, forming part of their generally slack 5-6 SU & 2-9 ATS start to the new season.

- the last 4 instances of their playing at home off a home loss have all been ATS wins - margins of 33 pts (-6 fav), 39 pts (-4.5 fav), 12 pts (a pk) & 11 pts (-7.5; didn't lose a single period); & have all gone Under (going under by an avg of 14.5 pts, opponent avg score of 75.2 ppg).

Chitcago, obv. known for defense, has also conceded 95+ regulation pts over 3 straight games for only the 4th time this season. However, this will only be the 2nd time this season they'll be playing @home off such a streak. The other occasion saw them concede 58 pts in getting back to defensive basics (did I mention that occasion also saw them playing off a home loss, and also playing with revenge?).

(Forgot to mention Chitcago is right on Atlanta's tail for 4th spot in the East. Surely they're motivated to want HCA in the 1st Rnd vs the Hawks.)

I'm thinking Chitcago &/or Under is worth a look-in here.

Last edited:
Suckramento 15-5 to Over their last 20 (7-2 to Over @home).

Minny 14-6 to Under their last 20 (O/U 5-5 away).

Sac w/double revenge (80-92 away & 89-97 home losers this season), but is also 2-9 SU & ATS off their last 11 SU wins (wins as +7 & +6.5 dogs).

Would be thinking Chicago wins today and then loses at home to Indiana and at Minn to create their best spot for Miami.
Took the under 189 and laid 2 first quarter.

Last edited:
[h=2]Trail Blazers At Bulls, 8 p.m. ET[/h] March 21, 2013 · 7:45PM
TV: League Pass

• Nobody knows when Chicago Bulls star guard Derrick Rose will return to action for sure, but it appears more likely than ever that it won’t be this season. In a rare get-together with the media on Thursday morning, Rose once again stressed that he wouldn’t risk his future for short-term gains if he continued to be tentative in drills and practice sessions. ”Knowing that my health is the biggest key, where I’m only 24 years old, I got the whole future in front of me,” Rose said while the team prepared for a date with the Portland Trail Blazers a few hours later. ”I’m just trying to take my time. ”It’s still about the same, where when you warm up a little bit, (the knee) will be loose, then the activity will pick up, then it will get back sore. (I’m) just fighting through that.”
  • Asked about the comments, head coach Tom Thibodeau said, “It’s right where . . . You know, nothing has changed. We’ll go day to day and just hope he continues to get better.” The Bulls entered the contest with only 16 games left in the regular season, which made for a small window of opportunity. ”It could be tomorrow and I feel like I can play the next game,” Rose said of a possible return date. ”Nobody knows but God.”
  • Rose reported that he was physically stronger as a result of the extended rehabilitation period. As a result, the former Most Valuable Player expected to be “a better player” up his return, although he wouldn’t venture a guess as to how his game would change if at all.
  • The Bulls received better health news as it concerned forward Taj Gibson and guard Kirk Hinrich, who were expected to be available after lengthy absences. ”I think they’ll be a go,” Thibodeau said. “They’re going to warm up, but so far, so good.” Gibson had been sidelined for 10 games as a result of a sprained left knee, while Hinrich had sat out seven games because of a sore right foot.
  • Rookie of the Year favorite Damian Lillard would be the third Trail Blazers guard to be selected for the award. Geoff Petrie (1971) and Brandon Roy (2007) are the others. Petrie had one of the most dominant first seasons of any guard in league history, as he averaged 24.8 points and 4.8 assists per game without the benefit of the three-point field goal. Among backcourt players, only Oscar Robertson (30.5) and Michael Jordan (28.2) averaged more points in their professional debuts. Currently, Petrie is the Sacramento Kings basketball operations chief. Lillard took averages of 19.0 points and 6.6 assists into the game on Thursday night.
  • Thibodeau didn’t have much to say about the Miami Heat and their 24-game win streak, what with his team scheduled to play them at home next week. ”Playing well, playing well” was all he would say.
Paul Ladewski

Ty and Wilson OUT

[h=2]76ERS AT NUGGETS, 9 P.M. ET[/h] March 21, 2013 · 8:34PM
TV: League Pass

• The Nuggets will try to extend their win streak to 16 without the services of two key players. Forward Wilson Chandler is out after suffering a separated left shoulder and guard Ty Lawson strained his right heel. Both injuries happened in the win over Okahoma City on Tuesday. Chandler was hurt when he was sandwiched between two players. He came out and didn’t return. “It’s feeling a lot better but I’m out for tonight,” he said. ”It hurt a lot but I didn’t think it was a season-ender.” Chandler said he could miss Saturday against Sacramento and Monday at New Orleans too. Lawson could dress but won’t play. “Ty might dress but I don’t think he’s going to play,” Nuggets coach George Karl said.
  • With those two out Julyan Stone and Evan Fournier could get some playing time. Both have seen limited action this season. “It’s how the game goes, the rhythm of the game,” Karl said. “Julyan’s probably more of a playmaker, Evan’s probably more of a scorer. I’d like to get Andre (Miller) some rest, but maybe I’ll play him 48.”
  • Denver has stayed under the radar despite winning 13 in a row, in large part because of the Miami Heat’s 25-game streak. Despite the hot stretch, Denver has stayed in the fifth spot in the Western Conference because Memphis and the Clippers are playing well. Karl said his team has to keep going strong if it wants homecourt in the first round. “We’re happy we’ve won 13 in a row but we haven’t lost our vision or our goal,” he said. “The team understands we have to put 54, 55, 56 on the board to guarantee we get third or fourth. It’s a big number. The Clippers and Memphis, I think they both get to 54. Before I thought 53 or 54 might get you there. It’s a race. Even though we’re playing Philadelphia tonight we’re playing Memphis and the Clippers too.”
  • The Sixers will try to slow down Denver’s running game and contain the paint tonight. “This team lives in the paint,” Philadelphia coach Doug Collins said. “I think they’ve had seven or eight games where they’ve scored 70 or more points in the paint. I think they’re on pace to break the Lakers record of most points in the paint per game at almost 59 a game.”

Ty and Wilson OUT

Guy at blankets survivor trying to increase his 12 streak w/Den -14.5 aint gonna be happy.

---

FG Under looking great in Chitcago, but the home team not so much.

Meaningless & brutal end to that game for any Under backers who grabbed the early line/s. Those with 188.5/189 scrape through.

That would be me. Looking back in the last game Chicago probably played as hard as they have this year. We saw the let down from Boston but did not see it for Chicago.

I saw Den down 95-100 bout a min left? even less. Nuggs Lose. Just looked back. 101-100 lead with 2 ticks left. Brutal brutal loss for any 76er ml backers.

[TABLE="class: data condensed stacked"]
<tbody>[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="align: left"]14.0
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]100-95
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]PHI
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Jrue Holiday made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row2"]
[TD="align: left"]14.0
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"][/TD]
[TD="align: left"]DEN
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Full Timeout
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="align: left"]11.0
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]100-98
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Corey Brewer made 3-pt. Jump Shot, Assist Danilo Gallinari
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]9.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Full Timeout
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]9.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]20-second Timeout
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]7.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Personal foul on Corey Brewer
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Evan Turner missed 1st of 2 Free Throws
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Evan Turner missed 2nd of 2 Free Throws
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Defensive Rebound by Anthony Randolph
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]2.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Shooting foul on Damien Wilkins
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]100-99
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Corey Brewer made 1st of 3 Free Throws
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]100-100
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Corey Brewer made 2nd of 3 Free Throws
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]100-101
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Corey Brewer made 3rd of 3 Free Throws
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]1.0
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]100-101
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Damien Wilkins missed 3-pt. Jump Shot, Blocked by Anthony Randolph
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I was following along on my phone and saw that brewer was fouled and was hoping he'd make both and send it to OT. Got excited and then I saw he made three FTs. Oh well

Back