Thurs nite FF--- NFL

Ideally, there is no team you would rather have Quinn starting his first game against than the Broncos.

The Raiders come in a close 2nd/1st Jr.....they have Nhamdi though, the Broncos don't even have Champ lol

Ideally, there is no team you would rather have Quinn starting his first game against than the Broncos.

The Raiders come in a close 2nd/1st Jr.....they have Nhamdi though, the Broncos don't even have Champ lol
I knew that we'd agree on something sooner or later :36_11_6:!

#37 Calvin Lowrie is back in for denver at Safety- he replaces Marlon Mcree, he was reallly bad in the Pats game and was the reason that Pats had many long runs--

Denver does generate no pass rush and very few sacks--

Now safety Marquand Manuel will have to cover Winslow as DJ Williams is out also--

Another factor with Denver is that Cutler stares down receivers for ever- He look at one receiver waits for ever until he gets open or makes his break, this is why he throws the INT's--

Jay Culter is only succesfull by DESIGN and if the running game is working-- Cutler was good outside the pocket on the playaction fake--

However Culter is horrible in the pocket, Miami kept him in the pocket, all the pass routes are deep, Culter has no short passing game with SHANNY callling the plays--

Denver D is horrible, not just bad, they just cannot stop teams, with this safety Clavin LOWRIE and new corners and new linebackers, it will be tough--

Quinn will have the matchups Edwards is a top 5 receiver in the NFL, except for the bad hands- WINSLOW is a top 3 tight end also-
Jamal Lewis stinks, I think he wont do much vs even Denver--

The Denver passing O is actually pretty weak- if the run game takes off then their passing game goes from one of the worst to one of the best in the league--
Denver with RUN= wide open receivers off playaction
Denver with no RUN= Cutler INT's as he is throwing vs 7 in the secondary, and he has no brains and is all arm and tries to outmuscle teams by forcing balls

I really don't think anyone in Denver should count on Ryan* Torain to be their savior in this game either...

Ask Bjorks how he was at ASU...flashes of it but :\

IMO this is a matchup of which team believes in itself more----

THe thing about Cleveland is that you can pretend they won last week vs Balitmore instead of them losing that game- the late collapse is in bettors mind's bigtime-

Denver has been weak consistently every week. IMO Denver looks like a team that is just injured badly and has not drafted well. Their defense has no playmakers at all. With no pass rush and no Db's to cover and bad linebackers I dont see how they win on the road anymore.

Throw in a stubborn SHANNY with a steroid roided up QB who tries to throw into quadruple coverage I just dont see how Denver can win a road game in this league-

Jay Cutler is a horrific QB when things dont go perfect according to SHanny's script-

CUTLER had 3 good games this years vs RAIDERS, SAINTS and CHARGERS, all 3 suck badly vs the pass-- all 3 have not stopped anyone this year vs the PASS----

Any decent team Cutler plays, Pats, Jags, Miami, he struggles because in reality he is not a good QB- he is all ARM and no brains--

If Shanny cannot get a lead and put away Cleveland early or if things dont go well early you will notice something in the 2nd qtr--

Shanny's face will be bright red on the sidelines and his hair will be all messed up--

Shanny is a terrible ingame coach, he is a front runner coach meaning he can coach if he is up early and teh D has no answer for his plays which are basic plays--

Denver IMO is a less talented version of the COLTS- except for the fact that Den's offense is actually pretty bad--

know literally nothing about QUINN, which is why I think I will be waiting till halftime in this one and watch a half for free.

I am going to be speaking to the GURU soon so he will tell me who he likes.

completely agree that den is the perfect defense to make a number one start against.

sammy, braylon a top 5 receiver in the league, bro?!? come on. he's got one strength, catching the jump ball. he has a 2:1 catch to drop ratio, and that's GENEROUS after seeing some of these games graded. i wouldn't put a receiver with that ratio in the top 50

completely agree that den is the perfect defense to make a number one start against.

sammy, braylon a top 5 receiver in the league, bro?!? come on. he's got one strength, catching the jump ball. he has a 2:1 catch to drop ratio, and that's GENEROUS after seeing some of these games graded. i wouldn't put a receiver with that ratio in the top 50

Edwards gets open, and runs brilliant deep routes-- Once he starts catching the ball he will be unstoppable, he is big fast and runs routes as if he was 5'10-

He is going to dominate in this leauge, he gets open, all he needs to do is catch the ball.

Broadway Joe catching the ball does not mean much as a receiver in the NFL---

Terrel OWENS was considered an Elite receiver and he drops passes all the time-

I would rather have a Braylon Edwards who drops balls all the time than a receiver who could not get any separation at all-- Edwards will make more big plays to make up for the drops-

Great comparison with 5'10...Braylon is a slightly slower6'3 Steve Smith....then you have Calvin Johnson who is a faster Steve Smith in a 6'5 body (soon to be next phenom at reciever)...then Reggie Wayne whos great all around, Larry Fitz who I couldn't argue isn't #1 right now

There are your top 5...

Great comparison with 5'10...Braylon is a slightly slower6'3 Steve Smith....then you have Calvin Johnson who is a faster Steve Smith in a 6'5 body (soon to be next phenom at reciever)...then Reggie Wayne whos great all around, Larry Fitz who I couldn't argue isn't #1 right now

There are your top 5...

Like the list there CAP--- hope everything is swell with the toilet also--

One guy you forgot on the TOP 5 list is Santana MOSS---- this guy is brillant and runs amazing routes and has good hands---

Lets do a TOP 10 list--

Steve Smith-- Santana Moss-- Randy Moss----Larry Fitzgerald--

Anquin Boldin---- Plexiglass Burress-- Reggie Wayne-----

Braylon Edwards--- Brandon Marshall-- Calvin Johnson---

These are your top 10 receivers in this league---

Up and Coming Stars--

marques Colston and Steve Smith of the Giants-- Eddie Royal

OWENS is the biggest joke in this NFL- he runs shitty routes, has shitty hands, and cannot beat any db 6 feet tall with fast feet--
All he can do is run that deep crossing route in which his size blocks people out-

Without a doubt the most smooth receiver in this game is Larry Fitzgerald-

He is not super fast, but could play in the NBA- he has the best body control, best hands, best ability to judge a ball, watch the fades they throw to this guy, its unreal how bad he makes a Db look like-

Anquan Boldin is a rare combination of size and hands and good feet and good routes. Boldin only runs a 4'6 40 yard dash but is so big also-

Here's a quick over view of HIS SR YEAR AGAINST THE 3 RANKED OPPONENTS THAT THEY PLAYED:

Michigan 3TD 3INT 24 of 48 and lost 47-21
USC 3TD 2INT 22 of 45 and lost 44-24
LSU(bowl) 2TD 2INT 15 of 35 and lost 41-14

UH? This is the chosen one? :36_11_6:

Did you conveniently leave off his game against Penn State?

25 of 36 for 287 and 3 TDs.

I've followed Notre Dame football my whole life, and feel I'm a pretty objective fan. To put those losses on Quinn is pretty simple minded. The talent differential between USC/LSU/OSU and ND were monstrous. The fact is, Notre Dame is and always will be pumped up better than they really are. Quinn was the only legit stud on his entire team. Yeah, he chokes in big games when the D gives up half a hundie................RIIIGHT :line:

Ya my 2nd tier would include guys like Boldin (who is the best blocking WR hands down...Ward is nice but nobody wants Anquan blocking them OR carrying a ball runnin at them)

Then Moss still (if he had Tom Brady still he'd prob be in Waynes spot top 5 but he is gettin older)..

Plaxico when he wants, Andre Johnson is probably 6th...he could become a freak

Then I guess I'd throw Marshall in there

Not sure how I feel about the other Moss, Santana...could possibly crack 10, I know he's almost as fast as Steve Smith but I can't compare the two as receivers

I've followed Notre Dame football my whole life, and feel I'm a pretty objective fan. To put those losses on Quinn is pretty simple minded. The talent differential between USC/LSU/OSU and ND were monstrous. The fact is, Notre Dame is and always will be pumped up better than they really are. Quinn was the only legit stud on his entire team. Yeah, he chokes in big games when the D gives up half a hundie................RIIIGHT :line:

Agreed. See - http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1145531&postcount=24

Braylon won't be puttin him in bad spots

Scratch that Boyd is on the practice squad. Says Torrain ONLY healthy back if Young cant go . So would guess the FB Hillis spells him if need be.

that's trouble. one injury and they gotta throw every down

i'm almost definitely on the fence, but i could not bet on denver with that situation

What about the UNDER fellas ??

DEN L5 games scored
17 , 7 , 17 , 16 and 19

CLE L5 allowed
37 (17 4th Q points), 17 , 14 , 14 , 12

How bout Cle 24-20 ? Cant believe that even with a good matchup Romeo allows or expect Quinn to make a great deal of plays . The preseason things I pasted all show alot of short high percentage passes and would expect that again. Run the clock , run the ball and keep the chains moving .....

DEN L5 games scored
17 , 7 , 17 , 16 and 19

CLE L5 allowed

How bout Cle 24-20 ? Cant believe that even with a good matchup Romeo allows or expect Quinn to make a great deal of plays . The preseason things I pasted all show alot of short high percentage passes and would expect that again. Run the clock , run the ball and keep the chains moving .....

In that span though Denver played NE, Jax, Miami, and TB....solid defenses across the board. Against SD, KC, Oak, and NO they hit 19, 34, 39, 41.

Cleveland D ranks lower than those IMO.

DEN L5 games scored
17 , 7 , 17 , 16 and 19

CLE L5 allowed

browns should have a lot of success running that ball and denver will have a lot of success throwing it. dline banged up for us, and i doubt we'll get much pressure at all. both teams explosive on special teams. denver is horrible at covering the tight end. quinn's first start may result in a turnover or two; while browns defense is pretty opportunistic and cutler is prone to cough it up...could lead to easy scores. i like the over here, nut, but gl with what you decide

Been watching NFL network for hours------

Selvin Young is about 80% and is expected to play some but he is not starting--

Tony sheffler is back today and that is good for Cutler--

Watching the warmups Cutler's arm looks sharp and no injury concers, he is throwing lasers-----

Quinn looks pretty relaxed- having fun out there in warmups---

Braylon running routes with a cut off and a toque on, did not look hungover..

:cheers:
In that span though Denver played NE, Jax, Miami, and TB....solid defenses across the board. Against SD, KC, Oak, and NO they hit 19, 34, 39, 41.

The Denver offense has regressed . The 1st game was @KC , the Bucs defense on the road is nothing but average and neither is Jax defense. I would not rate CLE behind Jax defensively. No way is Miami's defense clearly better then CLE either IMO . The Phins secondary is terrible.

Dallas had 28 , Balt 27 and 37 with some help from their defense though . They looked good on defense IMO @ Jax and @ Wash...

Just totally disagree implying the opposing defenses had something to do with the slowdown and that the defenses are any better then Cle. Naturally @ NE I would agree but they also scoed 1 garbage TD...

:shake: Interested if Rogers and Willaims play though .

I am in a rush so I apologize if I sound harsh but scrambling to say what I have to say ....

browns should have a lot of success running that ball and denver will have a lot of success throwing it. dline banged up for us, and i doubt we'll get much pressure at all. both teams explosive on special teams. denver is horrible at covering the tight end. quinn's first start may result in a turnover or two; while browns defense is pretty opportunistic and cutler is prone to cough it up...could lead to easy scores. i like the over here, nut, but gl with what you decide

Den held Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown in check . Think CLE will be grinding out drives vs Denver. They will not be looking to exploit the secondary rather move the chains IMO. I dont think Lewis will easily run the ball and unless you run for 40 yd TDs , yds on theground dont translate into TDs .

Certainly could see it going over but thinking it sneaks under ...:shake:

Tony Scheffler and Selvin Young are both active Thursday night against Cleveland.

If the Broncos can't get the ground game going with inexperienced rookie Ryan Torain, Scheffler could be in for a lot of targets. He is worth using if you're struggling for tight end options this week. Scheffler's return especially benefits Brandon Marshall, who should see fewer double teams with a speedy vertical threat exploding down the field adjacent him. Nov. 6 - 6:07 pm et

Active because they have no choice or because they will actually play some ? That is the question !

<TABLE id=dgPlayerNews cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsText>Broncos declared WR Chad Jackson, WR Glenn Martinez, LB D.J. Williams, S Marlon McCree, DE Tim Crowder, DT Josh Shaw, and CB Champ Bailey inactive for Thursday night's battle in Cleveland. They don't have a third QB.
Karl Paymah starts at left corner for Bailey with Wesley Woodyard at weak side linebacker for Williams. Jarvis Moss, coming off a two-sack game, is active. Tony Scheffler and Selvin Young are both active, as expected.
<TD class=s_playerNewsRightBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #ffffff" width=10>
left_corner_bt_player_news.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: url(../images/bottom_border_player.gif) #ffffff repeat-x">
pixel.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #ffffff" width=14>
right_corner_bt_player_news.gif
</TD><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=11>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #ed7e11" width=10>
left_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #ed7e11" width=430><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33>
CLE.gif
</TD><TD align=left> Martin Rucker-TE- Browns</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right>Nov. 6 - 7:02 pm et</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #ed7e11" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>
pixel.gif

Browns declared TE Martin Rucker, DB Travis Daniels, LG Eric Steinbach, LB Beau Bell, WR Steve Sanders, FB Lawrence Vickers, third QB Ken Dorsey, and DB Hamza Abdullah inactive for Thursday night's game.
Vickers and Steinbach are both banged up. Sanders recently came off the practice squad. Derek Anderson will be the active backup for Brady Quinn.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Browns NT Shaun Rogers (ribs) and DE Corey Williams (shoulder) are both active for Thursday night's tilt against Denver.

Anyone basing a decision on whether to play Ryan Torain on Rogers' activity has their answer now. The NFL's most active 3-4 nose tackle will start

CLE OL Steinbach is OUT though !

I got swayed, expecting a good start out of Denver tonight, feeling they start well tonight, they were embarassed and will start out better

wow

denver is clueless...poor management of clock , TO's....its cutler drop back and hope someone runs a correct route

hope u pull it out TEE

Lots of game left here-- going vs rookie QB, they usually struggle more in the 2nd half of games, and Cleveland look what they did last week in the 4th qtr

wow

denver is clueless...poor management of clock , TO's....its cutler drop back and hope someone runs a correct route

hope u pull it out TEE

Someone please explain to me what the deal is with Brandon Marshall. He seems to think he is some kind of great WR, but he truly is clueless. I know he may have physical talent, but what the hell with routes and dropping the ball and poor ass blocking?

Hell of a WIN----

Denver finished strong and Cutler and company outclassed the Browns, who have quit on this season

Brilliant win on the Broncos----

Going vs the rookie QB usually works out well in the long run-- You usually get the win in that spot and if you dont get the win, well then that is a sad day-
Palin won huge on the Broncos, he has won 3 straight and is hot

Just walked in . Good hit bro. I was really hoping Scheffler didnt play or much . He is so key to that offense . The second he got hurt the offense went into the shitter . Comes back and the offense looks like it did early in the season. No denying CLE defense had a hand it but they really fell apart AGAIN in the 4th Q for the 2nd time in 4 days . Think 235 yds allowed in the 4th Q alone. :36_11_6:

On a good note thanks to BroadwayJoe. I was rushing before had to play 3 hoops games and was rather brief. Anyway I was looking at the Winslow props . I didnt play both but was anything easier then Over 4.5 receptions for Winslow ? Oh the 1 I passed on over 48.5 yds recieving . I'll give you the assist though for bumping me onto the over 4.5 receptions . :shake:

Had CLE 1st H and Cle 2nd Quarter . Would have loved to been at home at half time to hedge with Denver 2nd H but same shit always happens to me . So probably washed or made a tad losing the game under and Denver -2.5 .

Good hit TeeDub. :cheers:

You are right on Sportsnut about that Sheffler guy-- I was probably one of the luckiest people in North America yesterday to have the opportunity to watch Sheffler run routes in the pre game warmups yesterday-

It was like watching a powerfull gracefull cheetah out there- His stride was powerfull like a Boeing 747 Engine, his speed was only rivaled by the animal known as the Cheetah, his moves reminded of a guy that Tee grew up mimicking and idolizing in Micheal Jackson. This man Sheffler is something else out of this world, he is a rare combination of speed, power, agility, charisma.

=

I did not realize that they were ranked when they played them, if they were, it was an oversight on my behalf. BTW, Quinn looked good last evening but he still can't WIN the big game :36_11_6:

Good win for Denver backers... Thanks for the comments above... Wasn't around much last night so couldn't respond to questions.

One of these:hammer:

Love Sundays card..:cheers:

Back