Thurs. Nite CFB Clemson vs Wake

• Thread starter Thread starter ontime23
  • Start date Start date
I have Clemson as a 2.5 fav.

I hit the ML about an hour ago, at +113 when I saw it dropped at Pinny, and its getting close to +100 everywhere else.

Played a unit @ +3.5 -130 yesterday was hoping to get that at a cheaper price today but aint happening. :cheers:

Played a unit @ +3.5 -130 yesterday was hoping to get that at a cheaper price today but aint happening. :cheers:
If I want to take the 3, I've gotta pay -140. It's freaking rediculous when you're forced to take the ML simply because the juice is too much to play the line given.

The best teams in college football, or those you should be looking
to back as favorites in big games, are those with offensive balance.
Wake Forest doesn’t have it. The Demon Deacons are struggling to
get anything going on the ground this year, averaging just 85 YPG and
2.4 YPR. This is a big sore spot for a team with BCS aspirations, and
has a lot to do with why they are only putting up 8.2 PPG in the first
half of their first five contests. Here they will be playing as a favorite
against Clemson for the first time since prior to at least ’92, a span of
16 games or more. Furthermore, in the last two seasons when Wake
should have been more competitive with Clemson, it has resulted in
wins by Clemson of 34 and 10 points. The Tigers DO have that key
balanced attack, averaging 5 YPR and 7.6
PYA. That balance will be enough for HC
Tommy Bowden’s team to get out of Wake
with a crucial win on Thursday night.

Clemson has played Maryland , Bama and NCST while WF has played Navy , Ole Miss , @ FSU seems alot closer then that indicates ...

Lets look at how they did against those teams though....

Clemson

Bama- Clem got spanked
NC State- Clem had nice win but NC St pretty much blows
Maryland- lost & Mary pretty much blows, don't care if they beat an unprepared CAL team they lost 31-0 to VA & lost to MTSU, enough said

Wake Forest

Baylor- WF spanked 'em but BU blows
Ole Miss- WF won against a pretty decent club
FSU- WF won giving FSU their only wrinkle
Navy- WF lost, possibly still high from FSU upset

I must be missing something here because looking at what I'm looking at WF should stomp the shit out of these guys.

Wake sucks as a home favorite.

They're an awesome bet as a dog, when nothing is expected of them, but as a favorite?

Already 0-2 ATS this season.
3-1 last season, but wins against UNC, NC State and MD at -3.5 in OT.
0-2 in 2006
0-3 in 2005

3-8 last 4 seasons.

Clemson

Bama- Clem got spanked
Maryland- lost & Mary pretty much blows, don't care if they beat an unprepared CAL team they lost 31-0 to VA & lost to MTSU, enough said

Wake Forest

Excellent analysis.

Lets look at how they did against those teams though....

Clemson

Bama- Clem got spanked

Wake Forest

I must be missing something here because looking at what I'm looking at WF should stomp the shit out of these guys.

My approach was -

Baylor doesnt count IMO because you had a vet WF team playing a team with new coaches and trying to figure out who was at QB. Dont think WF does anything remotely like that score if they played today.

Ole Miss is a solid team but the Rebels probably out played them that day and led with a minute to play but couldnt hold WF . Difference was also Miss had 2 Ints to start the 3 dr quarter and WF dont think had any turnovers that game. So they stole a close won but Ole Miss is very self destructive team they abused an overrated Vandy team at home and still lost and now lost at home to South Carolina . So outside of a great 1 pt win @ FLA (missed XP?)what makes them so much different then Maryland who blew the MTSU game as well . UVA isnt that bad IMO either I was on UVA last week they played well @ Duke for the most part and just a team in transition . USC has to much talent for them what can one read into that , UConn they had to play at Stoors the week there QB violates probabtion and gets suspended leaving an untested young QB vs a good defense . Who actually moved the ball okay vs a solid defense but didnt produce points . So 31-0 is bad but UVA IMO isnt that bad . Think they beat ECU as well .

FSU - Look at that game . FSU had more offensive issues then Wyoming coming into that game . Some of it has been straightened out some but really not much improvement IMO. Just about any defense was gonna hold FSU in check that game . WF was given numerous chances to win the game and couldnt ice . Instead it was 9-3 to start the 4th but consecutive turnovers to start the 4th Q for FSU killed there chances at stealing thatgame . FSU has played much better past few weeks but they didnt look good heading in and lookd even worse after the dust settled . Cant be impressed by much of anything in that game . FSU was putting the ball on there own 20 and WF couldnt capitialize . Naturally FSU is a very good defense but how many chances does a team need if they are so good ? FSU pissed away 9 possessions bewteen turnovers , stopped on downs and missed FGS . NINE possessions ! Down only 6 pts there 4th Q read stopped on downs , fumble , INT INT < INT..thats supposed to be a good win ?

As for Clemson well Bama is looking like an elite team and no one on WF schedule looks close . Not to mention Navy isnt very good barely beat a bad Rutgers team thanks to RU sloppiness, won at AFA thanks to 2 punt blocks despite being outgained 2 to 1 .

Dont see Maryland as much different then Navy or FSU in terms of team play maybe you do but I dont see it yet .

So my point is I dont think there is much difference in the strength of opponents certainly not the gap posted . Also WF easily could have lost every game but Baylor if the other team made 1 play in the 4th quarter . So they get W's but they arent exactly beating there opponents . No denying Bama smoked Clemson , no denying Maryland stole that game which Clemson dominated but never iced and allowed the Terps to hang around and NST got waxed IMO

Just sayying I cant see how WF schedule is so muc better and besides Bama neither team has played a full game where it looked impressive. Same CLEMSON team minus some OL won 44-10 last year , Clemson needs this win and just think they have more talent so if I have to pick someone like Clemson here .....

you could very well be right I really dont know here :cheers:

Also why is FSU an upset they were 4 pt road dogs ? Thats a coin flip to me as the line implies HFA is the difference ..

Why did WF only drop 3 rankings after losing to Navy? shouldn't they be out? Now tonight they went from a favorite to the underdog...I'll take WF+1/ML here

Back