Thurs. Nite Auburn vs W Virginia Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter ontime23
  • Start date Start date
This is once where I will buy into the whole conference thing. SEC vs Big East should equal SEC=Cash a strong majority of the time. Especially when the SEC team is a dog. Hopefully Auburn gets back to the smashmouth grind it out game. I think they are fast enough to stop a hobbled Pat White and an overrated Noel Devin.

Noel Devine is overrated to me.......... Auburn is catching a FG

IMO this game shapes up somewhat like Clemson vs Wake 2 weeks ago. Two pretty solid defenses vs 2 conservative offenses who will try to establish the run. Auburn's lines could have a solid night against the lines of West Va.

As of now I lean Auburn ML and a 6 pt teaser with Auburn and the Under

This is once where I will buy into the whole conference thing. SEC vs Big East should equal SEC=Cash a strong majority of the time. Especially when the SEC team is a dog. Hopefully Auburn gets back to the smashmouth grind it out game. I think they are fast enough to stop a hobbled Pat White and an overrated Noel Devin.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more with you SC & ontime.

The Tigers defense has enough speed to contain both White & Devine, especially since White is nicked up. This season, we're all seeing how much the Mountaineers miss Slaton and Rich Rod.

If there's a game when Auburn can start pounding the rock with success, this is definitely it. They've had nearly two weeks to get back to the basics and work on running the football.

I'll gladly take the 3 points. . tough to see Auburn losing 3 straight.

:cheers:

AUburn has no offense, and WVU is a hornet's nest on thurs night.

I agree HUNT. . Auburn's offense has been downright putrid this season. But, do you really think they need to light up the scoreboard to get the win tomorrow?

In my opinion, three or four scoring drives will probably be enough (14+ points). WVU's offense hasn't been very impressive either this season, if not flat out bad at times.

:shake:

I like WVU here at home.

Coaching edge...already factored in line. If Rich Rod was there WVU might not have a loss. I see playcalling as pretty poor now under Stewart like running stretch plays on your own one yard line consecutively after almost getting tackled for a safety.

Auburn's defense is a little overrated. West Virginia is still gonna get 150 on the ground here I think. The 175 on Rutgers doesn't look so bad now.

West Virginia has still showed more on offense this year than Auburn has to date.

A game you can say how could I back that team....both pretty mirror each other in their problems. But waay too much SEC-Big East angle here.

I like WVU here at home.

Coaching edge...already factored in line. If Rich Rod was there WVU might not have a loss. I see playcalling as pretty poor now under Stewart like running stretch plays on your own one yard line consecutively after almost getting tackled for a safety.

Auburn's defense is a little overrated. West Virginia is still gonna get 150 on the ground here I think. The 175 on Rutgers doesn't look so bad now.

West Virginia has still showed more on offense this year than Auburn has to date.

A game you can say how could I back that team....both pretty mirror each other in their problems. But waay too much SEC-Big East angle here.

I couldn't disagree more. Who exactly has WVU played this season to show they can generate any kind of offensive output against a decent defense? Their schedule is a joke compared to Auburn's.

White is still nicked up, even though he's probable. . and Devine hasn't done squat this year.

While <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Auburn</st1:City></st1:place>’s 4-3 record (2-3 SEC) has been a major disappointment for a team that was ranked by many in the preseason top-10, the defense has certainly held up its end of the bargain. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The Tigers are third in the SEC in scoring defense (13.7 ppg) and first in third down conversion percentage (22.7 percent). <o:p></o:p>
The special teams have done the <NOBR>job</NOBR> as well. Punter Clinton Durst averages 43.6 a kick and the team leads the conference in net punting. <o:p></o:p>

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Auburn</st1:City></st1:place>’s offense thus far has been worse than bad. With the firing of OC Tony Franklin prior to the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Arkansas</st1:State></st1:place> game, and lacking a confirmed starting QB, the offensive unit has been in utter disarray. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Coach Tommy Tuberville claims that he is still interested in running the spread offense that the deposed <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Franklin</st1:City></st1:place> was hired to implement. Yet there is talk of dissent within, including claims that remaining staff members disliked <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Franklin</st1:City></st1:place> and are more geared towards abandoning the spread. <o:p></o:p>
In the absence of an official OC, assistant Steve Emsminger will take over the play-calling duties.<o:p></o:p>
Meanwhile, the QB situation is equally muddled. Sophomore Kodi Burns will get the start on Thursday, but he has yet to inspire confidence. Backups Neil Caudle and Chris Todd are in the mix as well. If none of the above manage to step up, the team may consider forgoing the redshirt year of freshman Barrett Trotter. <o:p></o:p>

Man, Tubberville needs to pick an offensive scheme and stick with it. The QB issue does worry me a bit, but...I think the running game will still lead to some successful drives and points.

didn't AUB this year bring in the defensive coordinator from PITT, Rhodes ???

the same defensive coordinator that shutdown WVU last year in that big PITT upset to end the season... ?

just something to consider...

I couldn't disagree more. Who exactly has WVU played this season to show they can generate any kind of offensive output against a decent defense? Their schedule is a joke compared to Auburn's.

White is still nicked up, even though he's probable. . and Devine hasn't done squat this year.

Villanova, Colorado, ECU, Syracuse, Marshall.

-----Nova and ECU Stewart for some reason was trying to force Pat White to pass so I discount them mostly. Colorado game comes and they get back to old self put over 300 and then over 300 on Marshall. Then 175 on Rutgers and people wonder what is going on. Now Rutgers might not be on Auburn's level defensively but I think they are pretty good. Hell they held UConn to 117.

Auburn gave up 188 their last outing to Arkansas on the ground. Vandy and Tennessee put over 100 up, and LSU put 178 on the ground. Auburn is waaay closer to Rutgers rush defense than say Alabama or Texas. Granted, these teams have been running practically most downs and have had lot's of possessions due to poor Auburn offense.

WVU is going to have just about as many opportunities as those other teams did.

----WVU is going to win the rushing battle probably, and they are more explosive in the big play department than some of the other teams Auburn has played.

Auburn should have a better pass attack but that can't be counted on.
Auburn has more questions than WVU here IMO, we at least know West Virginia's offensive identity and that they should get some yards on the ground. Auburn has the more veteran defense but they have not shown an ability to score on defenses lesser than West Virginia-----Arkansas, ULM, Southern Miss.

Auburn had a kickoff TD vs. Arkansas but got dominated in every facet. Good luck to those on Auburn but I think it's a huge gamble to count on a team with the extreme amount of problems as Auburn here.

I may be wrong but I think people are seeing this as both teams have problems but deep down are logically playing this game based on

1 team is from the SEC and been tested.....1 team from Big East not tested as much.

I think that's a mistake

Well after I fucked on the WS Game 1 wont jump to conclusions here . At first glance I thought I Auburn getting +3.5 thats attractive then I did some research and pop around seeing everyone keeps saying the samething .

Now that its come down I really like WVU but also the over here .

The whole SEC angle is BS IMO because look at the schedule Auburn has played ! Crap non SEC teams and mostly crap SEC teams minus a decent LSU team who scored on them at home . Then look at Arkansas seems like Smith did a nice job running on them enter Noel Devine . Speed wouldnt help contain Devine its about blocking up front . Your not tackling Devine because you have good team speed your bringing down because your team speed allowed you to get to him before he hit a hole full speed. Pat WHite has nt played that much at all past few games so if he is fresh another headache. Much crappier offenses like Vandy and So Miss had 14 and 13 pts . LSu and Arkansas scored 20 something plus on Auburn at home . Big deal Auburn held Miss State to 2 pts what else is new that there program cant score . WVU vs Cuse no Pat White , vs Rutgers lose him halfway through , Marshall they coasted had 24 pts 5 minutes into the 2nd H . Auburn's tough but at home have to think WVU finds the 20s worst case . I know it looks like value with Auburn but they own 1 pt wins @ Miss State and 1 pt loss@ Vandy . I dont care where Vandy is ranked they are simply lucky and would not rate them higher then WVU no matter how much WVU has struggled .

Just cant get past Auburn allowing 26 at home to USF last year even though it took OT they also settled for an 18yd FG near the en dof regulation.

WVU TT over and game over especially at 37 but 38 is good thinking 21-17 worst case . WVU solid defense but smoke and mirros playing some of those opponents.

Also have to look at the injury report for Auburn as everyone listed is a defensive player...... tease it with the NM under and parlay the three as well is what I am looking at !:cheers:

I may be wrong but I think people are seeing this as both teams have problems but deep down are logically playing this game based on

1 team is from the SEC and been tested.....1 team from Big East not tested as much.

I think that's a mistake

AGREE STRONGLY . :cheers:

I agree HUNT. . Auburn's offense has been downright putrid this season. But, do you really think they need to light up the scoreboard to get the win tomorrow?

In my opinion, three or four scoring drives will probably be enough (14+ points). WVU's offense hasn't been very impressive either this season, if not flat out bad at times.

:shake:

I actually think they will need to get between 20-24 points to win, and it will be difficult. I haven't played anything yet...hoping Bob or someone moves the line past the hook.

If my memory serves me correctly, Brandon Cox threw 3 interceptions inside AU 30. Giving USF short field multiple times and they still not convert. Settling for field goal attempts, which many were missed. That score was not indiciative of the game. USF should have run the score up, but was unable to generate any offense. The same thing happened to Crooms bulldogs. They were virtually handed the game but could not convert anything. The ball stayed around the AU 30 for the last 5 minutes of the game until 44 broke a long run to run the clock out. This game will have a beaing on "TUBBYS" future, as the Aubs are calling for his firing on local AM radio. He will more than likely be given an ultimatum at the end of the year to get rid of the "barbecue bunch" as they call them..Emsfinger, Knox and the rest of the coaching staff he brought in his pine box from Ole Miss. One has to look at this game defensively as neither team has generated anything offensively. I watched the COL/WVU game from start to finish and came away thinking WVU has taken a major backstep defensively. They ran the same offensive that has been astounding over the last 3 seasons. But the defensive looks aweful. AU will be able to move the ball b/c of the power aspect. Expect to see more power "I" in this game. Hell, that is all the "barbeque bunch" knows. They will throw in a couple of spread formations in order to keep their so called vaunted recruiting class, but I see halback dive right and halfback dive left all night agaist WVU. I am thinking under as AU will not try to run out of bounds and the clock will keep ticking.

didn't AUB this year bring in the defensive coordinator from PITT, Rhodes ???

the same defensive coordinator that shutdown WVU last year in that big PITT upset to end the season... ?

just something to consider...

That is true, they've also seen the spread from UF so its nothing new to them as a staff preparing to defend it..

Auburn got rid of the spread this week in practice during the bye, you will see a lot of Power-I formations and a lot of running w/ Tate and Lester. Talk that the team is more united now without Todd at QB and Franklin at OC.

<DIV id=contentcontainer style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt">October 21, 2008
<SCRIPT language=Javascript src="http://vmedia.rivals.com/js/swf.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=VBScript> on error resume next For vCount = 2 to 6 If Not(IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash." & vCount))) Then Else bFlash = true flashVersion = vCount End IfNext </SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=Javascript><!--bMacComputer = (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac") != -1);if (bMacComputer == true) { document.write("Back to smash-mouth football?
");}else{ var swf= new objSWF(); swf.fullpath = "http://vmedia.rivals.com/flash/contentheadlines.swf" swf.bgcolor = "#FFFFFF"; swf.salign = "lt"; swf.scale="noborder"; swf.width = "620"; swf.height = "60"; swf.fontcolor = "000000"; swf.h1 = "Back to smash-mouth football? "; swf.h2 = ""; swf.shadow = 1; swf.url=""; swf.version = 6; swf.cab = "6,0,0,0"; swf.alt = "Back to smash-mouth football?"; RunGenObj(swf.drawflash())}//--></SCRIPT><OBJECT id=rvflash codeBase=http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0 height=60 width=620 classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000>

<EMBED SRC=http://vmedia.rivals.com/flash/contentheadlines.swf?h1=Back+to+smash-mouth+football%3F+&h2=&lwidth=620&lheight=60&lshadow=1&sFontColor=000000&sLink= WIDTH=620 HEIGHT=60 SALIGN=lt QUALITY=best SCALE=noborder wmode=transparent ID=rvflash NAME=rvflash BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF allowscriptaccess=always TYPE=application/x-shockwave-flash PLUGINSPAGE=http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash></EMBED></OBJECT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>Bryan Matthews
AuburnSports.com Publisher
<SCRIPT language=javascript>document.write("");</SCRIPT>Talk about it in The Bunker

Auburn's offense went back to basics this past week. But just how basic?

Head coach Tommy Tuberville said the offense, now under the direction of Steve Ensminger, will still utilize spread formations but it's clear they're also going to get back to more traditional AU power football.

"I think it will be smash-mouth," quarterback Kodi Burns said. "West Virginia is a great team and I think we're going to give our offensive linemen a chance to get in the three-point stance and fire off the ball a little bit more, and I think that will get them fired up and help out the running game a lot."

<!--Start Kodi Burns 200 (UT) Image--><SCRIPT language=Javascript>document.write(insertImage('http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/884/695776.jpg', '695776.jpg', 1, 267, 200, 1, 'Burns will start for the second straight game against WVU.', 'Butch Dill', 1224620505000, 'Kodi Burns 200 (UT)', 884, 'Align=Left'));</SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=202>
695776.jpg
</TD><TD width=6 rowSpan=4>
spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right>AP: Butch Dill</TD></TR><TR><TD height=3>
spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Burns will start for the second straight game against WVU.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- End Kodi Burns 200 (UT) Image-->Under former offensive coordinator Tony Franklin, who was fired Oct. 8, the offensive line would line up in a two-point stance on most every play.

Defensive tackle Tez Doolittle said he's gone up against a more fired-up offensive line this week.

"They get to put their hand down on the ground and they come off the ball a little harder," Doolittle said. "I always heard (offensive guard) Tyronne Green crying about being in the two-point stance, about how he can't get push and stuff like that."

Ensminger and the offensive staff have also spent the off-week implementing a less complicated system than before.

"I think everybody feels like they're on the same page, knows exactly what we're doing, what our gameplan is, what we're going to look for going into the game," right tackle Jason Bosley said. "I think before I kind of just feel like we were out there running plays. Didn't really know what our strategy going into the game would be."

Bosley said the players have a lot more confidence in the new offense, which should incorporate parts of both the spread and the West Coast system the Tigers ran under Al Borges from 2004-07.

Wide receiver Rod Smith said there's been an emphasis on execution.

"If we don't get a play right, we're going to keep running it until we get it right," Smith said. "It's a lot different from what it was when coach Franklin was here. If we didn't run a play right, sometimes we'd just run the next play. We really didn't have time for that with the type of plays that we ran, so we just had to keep moving on.

"With the few plays that we're going to be running it's going to be a lot better. Everybody out there knows what we're going to be doing. We've got a little bit of old stuff we're going to be doing and a little bit of new stuff. So that's a good thing."

Smith said it wasn't the huge playbook under Franklin that was the most confusing part of his offense.

"The most difficult part for me was just looking at the sideline and seeing all these guys throwing up crazy signals," he said. "That was the most crazy part for me."

But those days are behind them and AU's offensive players are looking to move forward and make a statement Thursday night in Morgantown.

"I think it's a lot clearer. We've simplified it. We're executing things we're really good at," Burns said. "Over time, we'll get better and better – it already is at practice. Hopefully, the West Virginia game will be our breakout game and show that we can really play and move put up some points."

<!-- no ad here-->

Good stuff ETG...IMO, positive news for Auburn backers. Smash mouth football is what will give Auburn their best chance for a much needed win.

:cheers:

This is what I have been listening to for the last 2 weeks. Aub nation has been begging for smash mouth and It appears that is what they will get. Tubs has stated he will have a little more insight to the playcalling, as he has backed off recently. Allowing the coordinators to handle the realm. This team is built to run this type of offense. They have 2 backs that will line up and look to run you over vs run around you. I agree with you aztec this appears to be a good situation for AU backers.

In response to a few previous post.............Coaching edge factored into the line? Really - if it was, then Auburn would be favored as Stewart is out of his element as a HC....Big edge here to tuberville...

If Auburn does go smashmouth - big advantage for War Eagles as they have a huge size advantage vs WVU DL............

Pat White missed Syracuse due to a concussion - no effect on his legs....

WVU defense not that stout - Syracuse outgained them two weeks ago......

Auburn wins SU if they win the TO battle.....Simple as that.......

WVU defense blows as well. That secondary couldn't knock down a football if it hit them in the face.

I like the UNDER here a TON, and I don't bet totals. I've got this game, as rediculous as it sounds, as a 10-7 game. AU is going to be able to contain, and they are capable of stopping the big play, which WVU thrives on. AU, as ETG stated, is going back to basics, which means running the ball and grinding out the clock. With two offenses running the ball over half the time, you have to like the way the UNDER shakes out.

I will probably take AU as well, just because I think WVU will have some breakdowns in the secondary, and WVU probably will not have seen some of the stuff AU will run tonight, and therefore will not have practiced for it. White is more than capable of turning the ball over, and the Auburn D is just as capable of putting it directly into the endzone. WVU hasn't had a turnover in two games, so they're due. Auburn is also very capable of fumbling, doing it at a rate that would make it seem as though they're getting paid...

Whoever wins the turnover and special teams battle tonight will win and cover.

Summary - It sound like his departure was alot more heated than originally stated in the press conference. I know someone that know someon... says Franklin called Cody Burns a fucking idiot, and if he had half a brain the offense he would be starting. The local area was playing the race card. During practice on Franklins final day he was showing up the rest of the coaching staff, by showing the line how to block and recievers how to run their routes. Egos got involved and if you know anything about the AU staff, you know that they are long time friends. Going back to the Ole Miss days. If you recall Tubs was going to have to be carried out in a pine box. Apparently, he packed that box and took his friends shit as well. I have another friend in Troy, where I began college that says Franklins house has been taken off the market. It appears as if he is going back to Troy. Bottom line is if AU wants to run the spread, they better study this game film. Pat White is the model for a running spread, and AU is a traditional running team.

Just want to add, I picked Auburn 1st Half ML +130 tonight because I expect the Auburn coaching staff to be better prepared for this game and Auburn has not trailed at half in a game this season. Hopefully that trend continues tonight

Summary - It sound like his departure was alot more heated than originally stated in the press conference. I know someone that know someon... says Franklin called Cody Burns a fucking idiot, and if he had half a brain the offense he would be starting. The local area was playing the race card. During practice on Franklins final day he was showing up the rest of the coaching staff, by showing the line how to block and recievers how to run their routes. Egos got involved and if you know anything about the AU staff, you know that they are long time friends. Going back to the Ole Miss days. If you recall Tubs was going to have to be carried out in a pine box. Apparently, he packed that box and took his friends shit as well. I have another friend in Troy, where I began college that says Franklins house has been taken off the market. It appears as if he is going back to Troy. Bottom line is if AU wants to run the spread, they better study this game film. Pat White is the model for a running spread, and AU is a traditional running team.

I disagree Last year's pat white is the model of the spread. This year he looks like someone is telling him what to do and pnishing him for improvising.

Line at 3.5 now!!

Average power rating of opponents played: AUBURN 41, W VIRGINIA 29.5

<TABLE class=slip-tbl cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=first><TD colSpan=3>Oct 23 07:45 PM EST - Football NCAA - 103 Auburn Tigers +3½ -110 for Game </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=second><TD> </TD><TD align=middle>110.00 USD </TD><TD align=middle>100.00 USD </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Besides the obvious that Auburn has the better coach and defense, we have a great defense going against White & Devine. Auburn's speed will contain White. Auburn's speed will cover Devine. Auburn is on the road, but I think Tommy T keeps the team motivated. Auburn wins this game SU. I'd obvously advise taking the FG, but why not get plus money on Auburn ML.

How does pat white last the game ?? The guy always ends up on the sideline in the big games. He is the worst leader at qb that i have seen with this much talent on a decent team for years. WVU is a front running team. If things are going their way they can pour it on but when challenged they fold up like cheap origamy

I completely agree with your statement. I worded my statement incorrect. But one has to agree that if you want to model a running spread, WVU has been the model over the past few seasons.

In response to a few previous post.............Coaching edge factored into the line? Really - if it was, then Auburn would be favored as Stewart is out of his element as a HC....Big edge here to tuberville...

If Auburn does go smashmouth - big advantage for War Eagles as they have a huge size advantage vs WVU DL............

Pat White missed Syracuse due to a concussion - no effect on his legs....

WVU defense not that stout - Syracuse outgained them two weeks ago......

Auburn wins SU if they win the TO battle.....Simple as that.......

i kind of agree with both of you here. i do believe that sports betting is about as close to an "efficient market" as we can get, meaning that the coaching advantage is somewhat factored in, just as everything else is, however the books obviously weigh certain things more than others.

does the speculation of a positive inmpact on the change to a more ball controlled offense, a speedy defense that should match up well, SOS, a big head coach advantage, and familarity/past success for Rhoads outweigh homefield advantage on national tv in the biggest game of the year so far for wvu when they've had 12 days off (yes, i know aub does too), more explosive offense, overall perception of what they've done lately (aub off 2 straight losses one of them being to a bad arky team), and stats (aub hasn't shown a lot of consistency stopping the run)??? i personally don't know, but i would think either side would base their case at least in part to one or more of those factors...

that being said, i do think wvu has more troubling problems than auburn does. this was supposed to be a major SEC contender, and they surely haven't performed like it...but as someone said i believe they've been ahead every game at half, and due to the offensive change not working out, some other changes, and youth...they underperformed and let some games get away from them. wvu has zero leadership whether it is at the top or the qb position, is more one dimensional than navy, and has a bad defense. undisciplined, and they run a turnover prone offense. aub has to progress from all of the changes they are making, but they have one of the better coaches in the nation, and they obviously have the talent based on some of the preseason projections. so both are underperforming for different reasons, but i would be more concerned with wvu's and would think they would be less likely to turn it around....

gl with your plays fellas...stayin away myself in favor of Air Force 1h

West virginia offensive production

vs cuse 268 yards ...cuse gives up avg of 438
vs rutgers 333 yards .... knights give up avg of 327
vs marshall 493 yards .... herd gives up 428 yards a game
at colorado 354 yards .... buffs give up 361 yards per game
at ecu 251 yards .............pirates give up 346 yards per game

So wvu is not overachieving vs opponents at all. And note most of these games have been at home making the numbers that much worse when looking over them as a whole.

Tonight they face a defense that is giving up 273 yards a game , and more importantly are giving up just 108 on the ground at 3.2 yards per carry.

A team averaging just 22 points a game , playing against that defense is not a team i would want to lay points with. Especially when you consider who they are averaging 22 points a game against .. villanova ... syracuse ( 35 ) , colorado ( 25 ) , marshall ( 27 ) , ecu ( 24 ) , rutgers (19.7 ) ,... and again .. now they face a defense that gives up 13 points per game and are laying 3.5/

Sure , that is a tough environment to play in at night but Auburn has seen it all playing road games in the SEC where almost every game is like that. They wont be intimidated by the big stage.

As far as i am concerned you can throw out the SEC vs bigeast and the coaching mismatch ( wow what a big one for this game ) and should still love the dog in this spot. Fundamentally looks like the most solid bet on this weeks card including every saturday game. Been drooling over this game since before line releases last week and have not found anything to dissuade me.

Good stuff all.

Probably playing on WVU 1st H and game .

I think WVU gets its 1st chance to really show something here looking at the schedule . They looked like crap in the games @ ECU and @ CU but more importantly they BEAT themselves those games against teams who kinda had some momentum back in the beginnig of the season . They havent had a good opponent to really unleash themselves against . Marshall , RU and Cuse just all weak teams that dont bring much enthusiam . They need a tough opponent and goodperformance to right the ship and thats Auburn IMO . Same deal as always forget Cuse game in every aspect as the backup QB started .

Auburn's schedule just doesnt impress me at all to think they are going to right themselves on the road ina tough place to win . While they were favs and decent sized ones the games @ Miss State and @ Vandy they played a very good 1st Q at Vandy then just fell to pieces . Vandy is a nothing but an opportuntistic defense and a weaker version of the WVU offense . Which is why I like the Over 38. Home games for Auburn lose to Arkansas and LSU of course not bad losses but a sign of who Auburn is IMO. They didnt do that much vs SoMiss either to impress . These were home games and the Tigers never stepped up even the Vols who cant score mustered a 14-12 loss . So while WVU schedule is weak as well the fact they havent had a healthy QB or solid opponent to measure up to leads me to believe this is the time they put it together .

As far as Auburn's defense that the 07 version was much tougher and while USF didnt maximize there early chances I think the WVU 07 an d08 offense is better then USFs who had alnost no running game , coupled with the Tiger QB position taking a few steaps back who would have ever thought that after Cox , and like the fact USF was just +7 @ Auburn . Which means that game would have been a PK @ USF . So the -3 or 3.5 is more then accurate IMO .......

BOL all . Think WVU puts it all together here and looking for a 24-17 win maybe even higher scoring then that 28-21...:cheers:

Just locked in Auburn +9.5 and under 44. two 6 point team teaser. I haven't lost a game since Saturday though, so i would probably fade me. Cashed in on Bmore sunday, NE monday night, temple and the under tuesday night, and the under in the WS game 1 last night. I am bound to lose, but hopefully can get another win in here before my weekend partying starts in Atlantic City woooo hoooo. Lets go Tigers and both defenses baby.

:cheers::popcorn::tiphat:

I just had a long post and it got lost. F'ME........Alright basically this is how it is, Auburn had a lot of internal problems with Franklin, his system, and Todd being named the QB. It caused a big divide in the lockerroom because many of the players felt like Burns should be the starter. As the season went on the offense was not progressing. Franklin was walking around showing up the assistant coaches and talking down to the players because they couldn't get the system down. Auburn rid themselves of those issues and now they return back to their bread and butter, a power running game. An OL commented this week that he hated how they had to line up and loves that this week they return to a 3-point stance so they can fire out. Burns + Lester + Tate = A lot of running at a SOFT WVU defense. I think the whole team is soft to be honest with you and if Auburn jumps out early they will fold. As VK mentioned, Auburn is NOT going to be intimidated going on the road to WVU. I've been to a game there before, its fun, and the mountain men are crazy BUT Auburn sees hostile environments everytime they go on the road and they see 30k more fans than WVU will have. I also think going on the road benefits Auburn because they can play the "us against the world" mentality and really get away from the fans/media back at Auburn that have been tearing the team apart. I think starting tonight we see a different Auburn team, a team who knows what their role is on offense and a team that isn't a house divded anymore. Chris Todd will never take another snap at Auburn, he was Franklin's guy and thats it. I don't see how the HUGE coaching advantage for Auburn won't be present tonight either.

Did someone just pound New Mexico? at 5dimes it just went from 5 to 3.5

Auburn's schedule just doesnt impress me at all to think they are going to right themselves on the road ina tough place to win . While they were favs and decent sized ones the games @ Miss State and @ Vandy they played a very good 1st Q at Vandy then just fell to pieces.

Auburn:
<TABLE class="tablehead teamTop colOne" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width="15%">DATE</TD><TD width="45%">OPPONENT</TD><TD align=middle width="20%">W-L (CONF)</TD><TD align=right width="20%">RESULT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>8/30</TD><TD align=left>Louisiana-Monroe</TD><TD align=middle>1-0 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 34-0</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/06</TD><TD align=left>Southern Miss</TD><TD align=middle>2-0 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 27-13</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/13</TD><TD align=left>@ Mississippi State</TD><TD align=middle>3-0 (1-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 3-2</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/20</TD><TD align=left>No. 6 LSU</TD><TD align=middle>3-1 (1-1)</TD><TD align=right>L 26-21</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/27</TD><TD align=left>Tennessee</TD><TD align=middle>4-1 (2-1)</TD><TD align=right>W 14-12</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/04</TD><TD align=left>@ No. 19 Vanderbilt</TD><TD align=middle>4-2 (2-2)</TD><TD align=right>L 14-13</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/11</TD><TD align=left>Arkansas</TD><TD align=middle>4-3 (2-3)</TD><TD align=right>L 25-22</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WVU plays Auburn's schedule, and they are 2-5.

West VA:
<TABLE class="tablehead teamTop colOne" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width="15%">DATE</TD><TD width="45%">OPPONENT</TD><TD align=middle width="20%">W-L (CONF)</TD><TD align=right width="20%">RESULT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>8/30</TD><TD align=left>Villanova</TD><TD align=middle>1-0 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 48-21</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/06</TD><TD align=left>@ East Carolina</TD><TD align=middle>1-1 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>L 24-3</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/18</TD><TD align=left>@ Colorado</TD><TD align=middle>1-2 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>L 17-14 OT</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/27</TD><TD align=left>Marshall</TD><TD align=middle>2-2 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 27-3</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/04</TD><TD align=left>Rutgers</TD><TD align=middle>3-2 (1-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 24-17</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/11</TD><TD align=left>Syracuse</TD><TD align=middle>4-2 (2-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 17-6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Give Auburn WVU's schedule and they are likely still undefeated.

So if you're unimpressed by Auburn's schedule, what do you think of WVU's and why is this a factor if you are backing the Mountaineers? Homefield advantage can only account for so much.

Auburn:
<TABLE class="tablehead teamTop colOne" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width="15%">DATE</TD><TD width="45%">OPPONENT</TD><TD align=middle width="20%">W-L (CONF)</TD><TD align=right width="20%">RESULT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>8/30</TD><TD align=left>Louisiana-Monroe</TD><TD align=middle>1-0 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 34-0</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/06</TD><TD align=left>Southern Miss</TD><TD align=middle>2-0 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 27-13</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/13</TD><TD align=left>@ Mississippi State</TD><TD align=middle>3-0 (1-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 3-2</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/20</TD><TD align=left>No. 6 LSU</TD><TD align=middle>3-1 (1-1)</TD><TD align=right>L 26-21</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/27</TD><TD align=left>Tennessee</TD><TD align=middle>4-1 (2-1)</TD><TD align=right>W 14-12</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/04</TD><TD align=left>@ No. 19 Vanderbilt</TD><TD align=middle>4-2 (2-2)</TD><TD align=right>L 14-13</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/11</TD><TD align=left>Arkansas</TD><TD align=middle>4-3 (2-3)</TD><TD align=right>L 25-22</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WVU plays Auburn's schedule, and they are 2-5.

West VA:
<TABLE class="tablehead teamTop colOne" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width="15%">DATE</TD><TD width="45%">OPPONENT</TD><TD align=middle width="20%">W-L (CONF)</TD><TD align=right width="20%">RESULT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>8/30</TD><TD align=left>Villanova</TD><TD align=middle>1-0 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 48-21</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/06</TD><TD align=left>@ East Carolina</TD><TD align=middle>1-1 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>L 24-3</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/18</TD><TD align=left>@ Colorado</TD><TD align=middle>1-2 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>L 17-14 OT</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/27</TD><TD align=left>Marshall</TD><TD align=middle>2-2 (0-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 27-3</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/04</TD><TD align=left>Rutgers</TD><TD align=middle>3-2 (1-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 24-17</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/11</TD><TD align=left>Syracuse</TD><TD align=middle>4-2 (2-0)</TD><TD align=right>W 17-6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Give Auburn WVU's schedule and they are likely still undefeated.

So if you're unimpressed by Auburn's schedule, what do you think of WVU's and why is this a factor if you are backing the Mountaineers? Homefield advantage can only account for so much.

Originally Posted by SportsNut
Auburn's schedule just doesnt impress me at all to think they are going to right themselves on the road ina tough place to win . While they were favs and decent sized ones the games @ Miss State and @ Vandy they played a very good 1st Q at Vandy then just fell to pieces.

Average power rating of opponents played: AUBURN 41, W VIRGINIA 29.5

:4_12_12:

Back