thur mlb

And now Mayweather says he's returning to the ring, per ESPN.

July vs. Juan Something Marquez.

Start the build up.

Damn, JMM is a lot to handle for $ after the big layoff. JMM gave Pac all he could handle in two fights. In fact I used those two fights significantly in handicapping this fight.. Difference? JMM is a much smaller man than the Hitman. I thought JMM won one if not both fights vs Pac.. Anyone else agree?

Warning--Do not underestimate the value Vegas now places on international tourism.. Hatton has a huge international following and as they say, his fans "travel well". Just saying.. Hatton/Mayweather rematch and then after Hatton knocks out $, it would set up the biggest draw in boxing history: Hatton/Mayweather III... Just saying.

question

hatton is +190

boxing props have

hatton to win by decision +650
hatton to win by ko +360

...so if you like hatton to win , wouldnt it be better to place 2 units on each of the probs instead of hatton at +190?

tee...most of my buddies are telling me i'm dumb to be playing hatton tonight as they think he will get his ass kicked by pac man tonight. i've already placed my wager on hatton at +210 and now i see it at +200, did drop to +190 then back up to +200. I'm pretty confident in playing hatton at +210 then even thinking about laying -250 on pac man, just cant do it. Well my question is, some of the guys want to lay on pac man dont have accounts and want me to place it for them, they are laying down a total of $1500 to win $600 (@-250), think I should keep it? I already have 3 units Hatton. I can afford it, just keep thinking about it casue you seem to know your shit and makes me a bit more confident. Thanks

OK- I used the '08 fight between Juan Manual Marquez and Manny Pac quite a bit in handicapping this one.

First, I had JMM winning that fight 115-112 as did most boxing experts. They gave it to Pac as has been the case a few times in his career. But that is a different subject-- I will say this--the potential shadyness in this fight is at least even IMO if not slightly favoring Hatton (see comments above).

Pac fought at 129 lb, JMM even lighter I believe. Featherweights. Note: Hatton will be well above 140 when he enters the ring tonight and its "weigh" (pun intended) different than the extra weight Delahoya carried in the Pac fight. Hatton fights well "fat", always has.

JMM rocked Pac early in the fight and controls it throughout, save the 3rd round. Jmm landed 34% (pac 25%) including a whopping 42% of his powerpunches. :4_12_12:
If Hatton lands anywhere near the mid 20% of power punches like he did versus Malignaggi---it won't go 12..

Malignaggi tried to counter the bullying of Hatton (same plan tonight) but Hatton walked right through them.

Fight should be near pick em IMO. Pac's shallow victory over a weakened Pretty Boy gave us a very good number.

Featherweight vs Welterweight-- and this time the welterweight has game.

:smiley_acbe:

tee...most of my buddies are telling me i'm dumb to be playing hatton tonight as they think he will get his ass kicked by pac man tonight. i've already placed my wager on hatton at +210 and now i see it at +200, did drop to +190 then back up to +200. I'm pretty confident in playing hatton at +210 then even thinking about laying -250 on pac man, just cant do it. Well my question is, some of the guys want to lay on pac man dont have accounts and want me to place it for them, they are laying down a total of $1500 to win $600 (@-250), think I should keep it? I already have 3 units Hatton. I can afford it, just keep thinking about it casue you seem to know your shit and makes me a bit more confident. Thanks

Pac is very capable, don't get me wrong.. I think if they fought 10 times, it would be 5-5 or 6-4 so getting anything near +200 is a play for me allday , everyday. May not work tonight (though I think it will) but if I consistently play the plus 200 money when I have it handicapped a pick, I will always make money in the long run.. and have.

Having said that, if your buddies are willing to lay -250 on a fight that has odds readily available at 190, start your own book and make them your first clients..;)

They dont have accounts and I told them I can get them Pac man at -250 and they went for it. I'm just going to go ahead and let them play Pac Man at -250 with me cause I see the value on Hatton.

Thanks and BOL bro.!!

hatton is +190

boxing props have

hatton to win by decision +650
hatton to win by ko +360

...so if you like hatton to win , wouldnt it be better to place 2 units on each of the probs instead of hatton at +190?

Unless its a draw, in which case you lose both bets vs having your money returned if on the ML... But ya, decent way to go.. you could always grab a little of the draw bet.. mathmatically, Vegas knows what they are doing..

Think the quote goes something like this: "When you are absolutely sure you are fucking them--- they are fucking you."

GL bro:cheers:

Hey T, what do you think about the over/under on the rounds? Currently its...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR class=TrGameEven><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left width="10%">May 02</TD><TD>9603</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>TOTAL ROUNDS (HAT/PACQ)</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>o9½-135<INPUT type=checkbox value=2_674871_-9.5_-135 name=text_></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameEven><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>11:15 PM </TD><TD>9604</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>TOTAL ROUNDS (HAT/PACQ)</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>u9½+105<INPUT type=checkbox value=3_674871_9.5_105 name=text_></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You can get plus money on the under currently and that's intriguing to me. I know most of both fighter's fights have gone over that total unless they knocked out their opponent but this fight is going to be different. Both fighters don't back down and will be slugging it out from start to finish. Somebody is going to tire. A cut could potentially end it also. I think I'll lay off this one but I don't think it gets past 1:30 in the 10th round.

Can't wait for this fight though. I'm pumped up. The only thing I don't like is both guys are too nice to each other. I want bad blood like the Mayweather/Hatton fight starting at the weigh in. Oh well, once the first guy gets punched, i'm sure each guy will want to kill the other.

Hey T, what do you think about the over/under on the rounds? Currently its...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR class=TrGameEven><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left width="10%">May 02</TD><TD>9603</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>TOTAL ROUNDS (HAT/PACQ)</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>o9½-135<INPUT type=checkbox value=2_674871_-9.5_-135 name=text_></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameEven><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>11:15 PM </TD><TD>9604</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>TOTAL ROUNDS (HAT/PACQ)</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>u9½+105<INPUT type=checkbox value=3_674871_9.5_105 name=text_></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You can get plus money on the under currently and that's intriguing to me. I know most of both fighter's fights have gone over that total unless they knocked out their opponent but this fight is going to be different. Both fighters don't back down and will be slugging it out from start to finish. Somebody is going to tire. A cut could potentially end it also. I think I'll lay off this one but I don't think it gets past 1:30 in the 10th round.

Can't wait for this fight though. I'm pumped up. The only thing I don't like is both guys are too nice to each other. I want bad blood like the Mayweather/Hatton fight starting at the weigh in. Oh well, once the first guy gets punched, i'm sure each guy will want to kill the other.

Ya agree value is on the under.. I see +120 available now so it is getting better.

hatton does have a huge following from england. i saw it firsthand when i was in vegas for hatton/mayweather. didn't go to the fight, but watched it on closed circuit tv. however, if memory serves, that fight, hatton just took it to mayweather as he danced around the ring. guess he wanted to keep his "pretty boy" nickname intact before he got knocked the f--- out! pacman's not gonna dance around the ring. he's gonna take it to hatton. think the price is right, and i'm on pacquiao to win. would not shock me one bit to see pacquiao win by a ko, tko, dq before the 9th round. :shake:

Hatton has a huge international following and as they say, his fans "travel well".

I can verify this. I've seen it in person. They do travel well. It's like a moving circus, but instead of around Hatton, it's kind of behind him. They sort of do it like a soccer team. They're there for the team, but they're there for the party too and the party's going to go on regardless. So they show up on their own schedule rather than try to hang on the guy himself.

Also, totally random note. I watched the 24/7 show on this fight last night, I've actually boxed at that gym Manny P. trains at. It's like five minutes from where I live.

For the record, Joe doesn't 'actually' box, but a friend of mine and I went up there a few times to work out. Boxing's really, really hard in case you didn't know.

And that place is a total hole in the wall. You might never find it if you weren't looking for it. It's funny to me that that's where Roach trains out of.

Hatton diary: Rocking the house

By Ricky Hatton/Special to Yahoo! Sports May 1, 8:56 pm EDT
y_sports-hi.png

Printable View

Return to Original
  • <FORM class=buzz id=buzz-toolbar action=http://buzz.yahoo.com/vote/ method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=y_sports name=publisherurn> <INPUT type=hidden value=urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,yhoo:20050301:box,article,ys-hattondairy050109:1 name=guid> <INPUT type=hidden value=/article/y_sports/urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,yhoo:20050301:box,article,ys-hattondairy050109:1 name=.done> <INPUT type=hidden value=article name=assettype> <INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=votetype> <INPUT type=hidden value=orion name=from> <INPUT type=hidden value=ae3d3 name=key> <INPUT type=hidden value=Q0/6dcOn0BE name=.crumb><BUTTON type=submit>Buzz up!</BUTTON>7 votes </FORM><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>YAHOO.util.Event.addListener( window, "load", function() { setTimeout(function(){ new YAHOO.Media.Buzz("buzz-toolbar",{"sync":["buzz-tools"],"showCount":true,"countPosition":"after","fetchCount":false,"loggedIn":false}); }, 15); });</SCRIPT>
  • Print

Editor’s note: This is the fourth and final diary entry, exclusive to Yahoo! Sports, from Ricky Hatton, the No. 10 fighter in the Y! Sports pound-for-pound poll. Hatton fights No. 1 Manny Pacquiao at super lightweight Saturday night on HBO Pay Per View in the biggest fight so far in 2009.
LAS VEGAS – For every fighter, the moment of stepping into the ring is a truly special and unique experience. No one who hasn’t donned a pair of gloves in anger could possibly imagine the emotions that are stirred.
But in my career I feel I am lucky in that every time I fight I get two spectacular occasions to savor.
One, of course, is fight night itself, and I know exactly what is at stake when I take on Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday night.
The other, thanks to my incredible army of fans who have journeyed over from the United Kingdom, is the weigh-in.

I remember early in my career, when the only people watching me stand on the scales were my Dad and my trainer. Sometimes there weren’t many more at my fights.
On Friday afternoon though, thousands of screaming, singing, cheering Brits waited for two or more hours just to see me make the weight at exactly 140lbs for the fight of my life.
<!-- {PHOTO BEGINS} -->

1241225913.jpg
My people showed up in force at Friday’s weigh-ins and I hope to give them reason to cheer Saturday.
(Associated Press)​

<!-- {PHOTO ENDS} -->

It is hard to describe what an incredible honor it is to have these people, good, honest, hard-working men and women, spending their money and giving up their vacation time to see me fight.
That sort of loyalty deserves victory and I am determined to make every single one of them proud.
Pacquiao is the pound-for-pound champion for a reason and he is a great fighter. But that title of the world’s best is coming back to England, carried on the shoulders of my fantastic fans.
I couldn’t believe it when I looked out from the stage and saw a sea of British support up in the stands. That level of spirit and devotion is something I will never take for granted and it inspires and humbles me at the same time.
We had heard there would be a lot of Filipinos there for Manny, but their voices were totally drowned by my magnificent lot.
There was the brass band that follows the England football team, a couple of characters clad as Batman and Robin and even a bunch of middle-aged lads dressed up as women, complete with make-up, wigs and mini-skirts.
While I was still backstage, announcer Michael Buffer joked that swine flu had come to the U.K. but there was no one left for it to infect because everyone was in Las Vegas to watch me. Sometimes it feels that way – everywhere you look there are Brits.
I love to see my fans having a good time and I know they have been enjoying Vegas and all the excitement it has to offer.
However, I know that I am in the best position to make sure their trip over here is one to remember, and that’s by sticking Pacquiao on his backside and winning the fight.
We are so close now and I can’t wait to get started. All the running, training, watching my weight and technical preparation is over.
It feels like most of the so-called experts have made up their minds about this contest already and feel that Pacquiao will have too much speed for me. Let’s see about that.
There is a saying that is always used in English football – take one game at a time – and it really is dangerous to look too far ahead.
Having said that, when people ask me what is next for Ricky Hatton after this fight I give them an honest answer.
If I beat Manny then all I would really feel was left for me would be to avenge my only defeat, to Floyd Mayweather Jr. and to fight Juan Manuel Marquez, the No.2 pound-for-pound fighter in the world.
I am not even contemplating losing, I am so confident in my preparation and my ability for this fight. But I have to admit that if things didn’t go the right way then I would have to think very seriously about retiring.
Enough said about that.
It is now time to get my game face on, to hydrate up and take in plenty of carbs. I will put on 14 pounds or so before Saturday night and I will be a lot heavier than Pacquiao, who weighed in at two pounds under the limit, when we touch gloves.
Thank you for following my Yahoo! Sports diary for the past couple of weeks. You’ve read my thoughts and emotions as the big night has got closer and I hope I can count on your support in what should be one of the best fights of the year.
Updated May 1, 8:56 pm EDT
Email Print
<FORM class=buzz id=buzz-tools action=http://buzz.yahoo.com/vote/ method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=y_sports name=publisherurn> <INPUT type=hidden value=urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,yhoo:20050301:box,article,ys-hattondairy050109:1 name=guid> <INPUT type=hidden value=/article/y_sports/urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,yhoo:20050301:box,article,ys-hattondairy050109:1 name=.done> <INPUT type=hidden value=article name=assettype> <INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=votetype> <INPUT type=hidden value=orion name=from> <INPUT type=hidden value=ae3d3 name=key> <INPUT type=hidden value=Q0/6dcOn0BE name=.crumb><BUTTON type=submit>Buzz up!</BUTTON>7 votes </FORM><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>YAHOO.util.Event.addListener( window, "load", function() { setTimeout(function(){ new YAHOO.Media.Buzz("buzz-tools",{"sync":["buzz-toolbar"],"showCount":true,"countPosition":"after","fetchCount":true,"loggedIn":false}); }, 15); });</SCRIPT>digg add to facebook del.icio.us more

<!-- ========[ League - bottom ]======================================================================== -->Boxing
More Boxing News

Hatton diary: Rocking the house

"I will put on 14 pounds or so before Saturday night and I will be a lot heavier than Pacquiao, who weighed in at two pounds under the limit, when we touch gloves."

Size and power difference will be significant.

When he says he's going to put on 14 lbs. before tonight I wonder what he means. It's got to be up from whatever he was at, no?

Because he was only two pounds heavier than Pac at the weigh in if I'm not mistaken.

I'm sure he ate yesterday and may put on a pound or two overnight, but I can't see a lot more than that.

Almost time Dub. I'm fired up. Can't wait for this. I ended up putting 1 unit on Hatton by decision at +650 and 1 unit on a Hatton by KO at +360. Let's do this shit. :cheers:

When he says he's going to put on 14 lbs. before tonight I wonder what he means. It's got to be up from whatever he was at, no?

Because he was only two pounds heavier than Pac at the weigh in if I'm not mistaken.

I'm sure he ate yesterday and may put on a pound or two overnight, but I can't see a lot more than that.

the big guys dehydrate from their natural size for weigh in then quickly put it back on. It gets pretty complicated from a nutrition standpoint and as we saw on 24/7, Delahoya actually rehydrated right before the fight with an IV (dangerous).. All that is important is Hatton walks around 12-14 pounds heavier than Pac and it is natural weight..

And it is getting close to party time..:smiley_acbe:

All that is important is Hatton walks around 12-14 pounds heavier than Pac and it is natural weight..

Works for me. I also like that Hatton trained for 12 weeks for this fight vs. the more standard eight for Pac. Love it.

Go Hitman.

Back