thur --category- trap bets.. Can a sucker play be sharp?

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
NYG line dropping well below a fg, seeing -2, -105,,

Not a single matchup, except homefield, favors the Eagles.. In fact I think Janoris Jenkins could cover all three Eagle wide receivers by himself.. This is such an obvious play-- sharp money belongs on the Eagles.. Or does it?

thoughts/discuss..

Been stumping this for years,, Select sucker bets are actually sharp.. go.

Seems like 95% of sucker bets the last 3 years have been sharp in the NFL. See the Browns, the Jags, the Niners.

Its a stay away for me. If anything I would tease philly up. This has all the makings of an "Eli gives it away" game. Eagles play real good defense at home, so I think Giants score like 17-20. Can eagles score 21? I think its a toss up

I frankly don't pay much attention to line moves as much as I do to opening numbers.

Ask yourself... What would the giants open at if this game was in MetLife? -10? -11?

the thing about this Giants team is it doesn't really matter how Eli has played this year

eagles 3 OL questionable, even if they play Wentz is going to get pressured and he was a disaster last week when under pressure, 4/11 for 26 yards

Well if you are looking for the "sucker" play. Just look through out the forums, I'm seeing nothing buy threads with Philly SU and Philly tonight. People have become the "sharp" if Vegas can make them think they are on the "sharp" side because of line movement.

I say cap the game, and roll with it cause you dont want to be mad at yourself for having the right side and laying money on the other.

I'm TU on giants -2, -105. If I see Jenkins warming up and looking sound-- may go more.. agree with many of thoughts above.. prediction: Odell in prime time with mom in the house, will have a games for the ages.

Crazy, right now my line is NYG +1 -110 and ML -110, this is just a garbage movement imo

Was gonna be content with the ML but I'll take the point, and yes, I realize this is could be Philly's SB but they play Dallas next week too. It's silly.

Crazy, right now my line is NYG +1 -110 and ML -110, this is just a garbage movement imo

Was gonna be content with the ML but I'll take the point, and yes, I realize this is could be Philly's SB but they play Dallas next week too. It's silly.

Why is this "garbage movement"?

Eli 4-13 lifetime vs Eagles I heard on NFL Radio. Divisional game & clearly just one of those matchups that gives the Giants fits. Much like Giants vs Pats. Got Philly in a sweetheart at +16, may take Giants if line keeps falling.

If I recall, Pederson had some boneheaded calls on 4th n 1 multiple times.

this move is just way too much without any injuries IMO. Almost 4 point swing...thats like saying Eli is out for that large of a swing

The comments some of you make on Eli are hilarious

the giants offensive play calling is atrocious.... they are a defensive team. No question whatsoever. There is no urgency to put points up from what I've seen. It's ugly.

The Eagles have outscored the Giants 54-7 in the last two games they've hosted New York at Lincoln Financial Field. Giants quarterback Eli Manning's five career losses against the Eagles are his most against any opponent, as are his 26 career interceptions thrown against Philadelphia.

Sam Bradford on pace to set the record for highest completion by a QB of all time in a season I saw yesterday

just a mind blowing stat

agree-- but to that point sam Bradford might win MVP on cowboys.

I'm sure you can imagine my mindset as a Cards fan. How would David Johnson do on that team? He's AZ's number 2 receiver, and by a ton

I'm sure you can imagine my mindset as a Cards fan. How would David Johnson do on that team? He's AZ's number 2 receiver, and by a ton
johnson is modern day marshal Faulk . Both would be all pro receiver if that was only position. Elliott in that same breed as well. 3 down backs are rare especially at elite level.

I've you believe home field is worth 3, than that would make the giants -4.5 at home...

My understanding is that would be on a neutral. Home field being worth 3 points means it would be a standard 6 point swing at the opponents home.

Stay away game. Sagarin predicts that Eagles win by 4 due to good match up for them.

Sagarin has way over valued Philly all year. Not sure why the high ranking on them, but they have not done well if you are using Sagarin for numbers on Philly

NYG line dropping well below a fg, seeing -2, -105,,

Not a single matchup, except homefield, favors the Eagles.. In fact I think Janoris Jenkins could cover all three Eagle wide receivers by himself.. This is such an obvious play-- sharp money belongs on the Eagles.. Or does it?

thoughts/discuss..

Been stumping this for years,, Select sucker bets are actually sharp.. go.

Disagree. I think both teams are fairly comparable. Both bad offenses with solid defenses. Giant defense might be ever so slightly better. Homefield for eagles. I think line is right. I certainly wouldnt lay over a FG with Giants at home.

Disagree. I think both teams are fairly comparable. Both bad offenses with solid defenses. Giant defense might be ever so slightly better. Homefield for eagles. I think line is right. I certainly wouldnt lay over a FG with Giants at home.

eagles offense vs giants defense complete mismatch. Can we agree on that? If so let's concentrate on other piece , if not we will agree to disagree.

Giants are not a good football team. Overachieving defense. Barely beating and playing the same quality of football as the Bears and Browns. Barely beating the Cowboys on their worst effort of the season. And looking awful vs. an injury riddled Lions team.

Don't get me wrong, winning is winning. But this team has a lot of work to do.

This is a tough matchup for both teams but man do the Giants suck.

200 yards for Eli passing last week in a 17 point performance.

One play really the week before after throwing several should be game clinching interceptions for the Cowboys.

Vs. a team he SUCKS against.

Giants cannot move the ball down the field like they want to.

But the Eagles aren't good, at anything.

So this eagle defense in 5 straight losses has given up 27 3X and a 32 and 26. Good defense? I get their yardage numbers are solid but somehow figure out a way to give up points and lose. Giants are a mystery on offense with those weapons. Eagles are not a mystery on offense cause they have no weapons.. if anyone gets a janoris Jenkins update, please post.. that might send me to very dark place if he is a go

Jenkins so far looks like a no go for tonight
thats from twitter feeds

He might suit up but not play unless some injuries to other cbs, thats the last I'm seeing 3 minutes ago

But as I said, do philly WRs need more help dropping passes?

Back