Thoughts on Cle/Buf?

It is not going to snow at the game tonight. if it does at all, it will be very small flurries but the forecast here is for snow much further south of the stadium. I live 3 minutes down the road from the stadium and it's not snowing now and isn't supposed to tonight. Sure, it's going to be extremely cold but snow is not in the forecast so no need to use snow when capping this game.

It is not going to snow at the game tonight. if it does at all, it will be very small flurries but the forecast here is for snow much further south of the stadium. I live 3 minutes down the road from the stadium and it's not snowing now and isn't supposed to tonight. Sure, it's going to be extremely cold but snow is not in the forecast so no need to use snow when capping this game.
:shake: Thanks for the update. If you can, give another weather update the closer it gets to game time just in case anything changes.

Sammy, we understand that you now think everygame is fixed..

Relax bro,, You are a good capper when you are not distracted.. Don't let the "game is fixed anyway" paranoia affect your decisions... We have all lost games that are suspicious... let it go is my advice.. :shake:

I have often thought that some of the most important info that can be shared on this site and others is local weather reports, especially changes right at gametime.. In a world when most carry some sort of mobile internet device (iphone , blkberry etc.) it would be great if info could someday also be shared from gamesites especially this time of year.. Wind is the key ingredient and is difficult to ascertain unless at the site.. That would be the most viewed thread on the board..

Thanks bro-- keep us updated... Take an iphone down to the stadium with a lawnchair if you don't mind;)

Joebren's weather scouts resurrected:smiley_acbe:

^ Agreed. Thanks a ton for the weather update, it will definitely play a role in my possible Browns ML play

some good info in here fellas. as a browns fan, someone who follows the browns closer than any other team in any sport, and someone who has had success betting both on and against the browns over the years, i've had this game circled to take the bills since the beginning of the year. that was before the immense underperformance of their two top receivers, the lack of continuity because of the injuries and lockerroom division, the knee-jerk reaction to bench their pro-bowl qb, mcdonald getting absolutely toasted and benched, sean jones never recovering after being out, wimbley being worthless yet again this year, continued inability to stop the run, a coach who will surely be fired at the end of the season if not before, players calling each other out for quitting, players quitting, the best off lineman besides thomas out for the year, the best player not wanting to be here shown by his ongoing battle with management and his going out drinking the night before the games only to make crucial errors leading to the second straight collapse of a lead of 14 pts or more, awful awful awful redzone play-calling, not trusting your new qb making his first nfl road start in bad weather enough to throw the ball more than 15 yards downfield, and inability by the coaches to see that if they give jlewis the ball more he gets better as with more carries and it makes the offense better -- shown by their 3-0 record with him getting 20+ carries and 0-6 when he doesn't (rather than 2nd and 1 and you throw the ball 3 straight times in a do or die drive with a rookie making his first start), and the now proven fact that although this team has talent, it doesn't have winners.

this, combined with my resistance to those who call the bills overrated has led me to bet the bills. an advantage the browns have every single week in special teams, they won't have this week. bills can load the box and play underneath coverage because browns aren't designing plays down the field which has led braylon to be underutilized (haha he sucks anyways) and become disinterested because they're not designing plays for him down the field. it will be a lot harder to make big plays down the field in this weather, and if you don't think that it's a big deal for a qb making his first ROAD start, no matter how accustomed he is to playing at home in the snow, you are mistaken imo. 50000 rabid fans aren't cheering when a ball slips out of your hand because of the snow at home. night and day. this bills defense is about 100x better than denver's pathetic excuse for a defense. they cover the tight end better and stop the run better than a lot of the teams on the browns schedule that they had success with offensively. bills will run the ball all over the browns and pick on a cornerback daniels who is making his first start of the season

i urge you all to cross this team off your to bet list, not only this game, but for the rest of the year.

i'm on the bills for a big one. bol fellas

Last edited:
If this line were a FG I think I could support your call BJ, even with me being a Browns fan.

Thing is, at a five what you're asking Buffalo to do is cover a TD. Which is doable, but Buffalo--hell, any Dick Juron team--has never struck me as a team that looks to cover a decent sized number. He's not about scoring quickly, so what you're left with is the hope that they just shut the Browns down offensively and sort of grind out a 20-10, 20-13 kind of win. Completely possible, but look at the other side of it.

The Browns right now and for the rest of the season need to be about offense. Not just because that defense blows, but because they need to really start putting Quinn out there with the live bullets. So you have one team that's focused on controlling the clock and the ball, not really about putting a team away, and another team that should be somewhat balls-to-the-wall offensively because that's the only way they're going to have a chance.

Feels like too much wiggle room in there for me.

If this went to six I'd look at the Browns, if I could get three (or preferably 2.5), I'd look to the Bills.

As it is, I'm staying off and hoping the Browns shock 'em.

Curious Joe--- whats up with this being the first Browns game you have watched all year? Totally get away from it all for awhile?

i'm a big brown's fan too and agree with broadwayjoe 100% i watch a lot of bills games and as far as i can tell the only way the browns can win this game is if edwards (trent not stone hands braylon) wins it for them. i don't think jauron will let that happen this week. two words: beast mode

there may not be snow for the game tonight but it will be freezing and windy for sure and you can never predict the lake effect, but anyway conditions will favor the running game and the browns have had alot of problems stopping the run.

Couldn't agree more. I look at "fixed games" the same as ghosts. Until I see one in person I won't believe. Although I have been hearing some strange shit late at night outside the bedroom.
Some refs have been fined and fired. And most recently in the NBA. It happens dude.

Curious Joe--- whats up with this being the first Browns game you have watched all year? Totally get away from it all for awhile?

I was working. Every damn day. For months and months and months. It didn't really become a problem until the NFL refused to postpone the start of the season until I was free.

F**king Goodell just has to have it 'his' way.

Here's the reason why the refs were in on a San Diego cover

------The game was OVER. over. Let the touchown stand. The touchdown does not effect the outcome. So if you want to get the game over quickly, why make that call. BACKWARD LATERALL CALL WAS NOT OBVIOUS. There was not anything that blatantly said this could not be a touchdown.

----So let's say they had a small idea that, hey, maybe that was a backward pass. Ok, well, maybe in the 2nd quarter you do something, but the game was OVER. IF IT'S NOT OBVIOUS YOU STAND BY THE CALL ON THE FIELD when there is 4 seconds on the clock and the game is over.

----If a team is down by 14 and scores a TD as time expires, they don't kick the extra point. It's the same idea.

The call was irrevelent to the outcome, the easy thing do is let it stand.

In that situation there was no explanation.

---Add in the fact that it was CLEARLY A TOUCHDOWN, it is clearly corrupt.

The refs had some action on this. No doubt.

-----------I have seen this same situation in tons of games. When something happens as time expires that does not effect the outcome of the game, the refs do the easy thing and let it stand. They always have done that. Except for this time.

As far as the game.

Michele Tafoya had a nice report 30 on 30

DONTE WHITNER.

This guy is my all time favorite Buckeye. He is a pro-bowler. Serious serious talent.

--Little nicked up. Donte is very critical in what the Bills do scheme wise and coverage wise. I think he's gonna play.

Michele said Bills think blitzing Quinn can rattle him. Thus they have been working on a lot of blitz packages, Whitner is key.

---Bronco's defense is worst in NFL. Buffalo is right. Get to Quinn. LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, we've seen the script to get to him.

here u go posted at 11:30

I can't bet on both the o/u and spread anymore. You find yourself in a predicament where it may hurt and help yourself if they score. Will ahve to think about this a bit more. Leaning on Buff -5 (I think they play big on MNF and the Browns seem to be in turmoil) or the under 40.

I think you have to blitz Brady until he proves he can handle it.

I'm not extremely familiar with Buffalo's corners, but they don't strike me as dominant. Blitzing's great, if it works. If it doesn't, you can have a long night.

I'm really more interested to see Quinn than anything tonight. Save for the fact I'm closer to the East Coast right now and the game doesn't start for another two f**king hours. Ugh.

Another thing to think about, in the Bills' favor tonight, is if I'm not mistaken their last MNF game was that Dallas game last year, which they should have won, but didn't. That was their first MNF game in a long time and both the team and the crowd was really, really fired up. Not sure if they'll be as into it tonight, but, maybe.

Another thing to think about, in the Bills' favor tonight, is if I'm not mistaken their last MNF game was that Dallas game last year, which they should have won, but didn't. That was their first MNF game in a long time and both the team and the crowd was really, really fired up. Not sure if they'll be as into it tonight, but, maybe.

your right on the money there, they won the ML the 1st 3 quarters of the game (incl. halftime) and should have won the game outright. i beleive they were 9 pt underdogs in that game.

Wasn't that the first game that Everett was at, after his injury. I think that had the crowd a little more pumped than they normally would be.

But, I still think they will be loud.

It was not the first game Edwards was at last year on MNF, however they showed him on the Jumbotron before the game talking to the crowd. There will be a crazy crowd there tonight, trust me on that one. Buffalo is one of the toughest places to play when the crowd is really fired up, still over 70k in the stands after the renovations. Monday Night Football will absolutely be one of those games that gets this crowd into a frenzy.

Weather still clear as far as snow goes here at the stadium. Going to be a cold one with wind chills possibly getting into the teens. It's about 30 degrees right now with a decent wind (10-12 mph) but nothing gusting. Although the winds swirl in the Ralph, always have.

It was not the first game Edwards was at last year on MNF, however they showed him on the Jumbotron before the game talking to the crowd. There will be a crazy crowd there tonight, trust me on that one. Buffalo is one of the toughest places to play when the crowd is really fired up, still over 70k in the stands after the renovations. Monday Night Football will absolutely be one of those games that gets this crowd into a frenzy.

Weather still clear as far as snow goes here at the stadium. Going to be a cold one with wind chills possibly getting into the teens. It's about 30 degrees right now with a decent wind (10-12 mph) but nothing gusting. Although the winds swirl in the Ralph, always have.
:shake:

Everett came back to Buffalo for the Giants game FWIW. The irony in it being the Giants game was that Domenick Hixon, the player who Everett was tackling when injured, played for the Giants when Everett returned to Buffalo. They got to see each other after the game and from what I understand it was pretty special for both players.

Everett came back to Buffalo for the Giants game FWIW. The irony in it being the Giants game was that Domenick Hixon, the player who Everett was tackling when injured, played for the Giants when Everett returned to Buffalo. They got to see each other after the game and from what I understand it was pretty special for both players.

Thanks. For some reason I thought it was the Cowboys game. I remember Romo having a terrible game, that night.

Thanks. For some reason I thought it was the Cowboys game. I remember Romo having a terrible game, that night.

He had 6 turnovers and they still won. The Bills offense couldn't do a thing that night or it would have been a blowout. 2 defensive TDs for the Bills in that game.

I think more pressing on the Bills minds re: remembering primetime efforts, would be their 10-56 loss at home to the Pats last season. A game played well after the Dallas affair.

Primetime humiliation is being followed up here tonight.

Good stuff fellas .

Broadway Joe basically says what I feel . This Browns team is in shambles . Plain and simple. While LJA a Buffalo local is trying to explain the type of enviroment a disinterested team will walk into. I rarely EVER say a team in any sport is disinterested or quit but can it be more obvious then with this CLE team? Both Jamal Lewis and Joshua Cribbs said players quit . Well what players do you think he meant ? The defense or the star WR or TE ?? Who else mattered late in the game. So either the offense and defense are now divided or Edwards and Winslow have further distanced themselves from the team. I went to a Buffalo game cant recall when it was the opener about 5 years back when the Jets won in OT on what I believe was their 2nd kick return or punt return for a TD . Pretty insane atmosphere ...

The Browns CHOKED away two big leads in the past 2 home games now they travel . Now they have a wider rift to deal with . Of course CLE is no different weather wise then Buffalo but do you want to stand in the freezing cold and wind if you dont want to be there ? Its no longer fun for CLE IMO its a chore to play ball . Regardless if they get paid and if the reply is they are professionals well look at that organization with the staph infections and the attitudes of Winslow and Edwards . Dont see many pros on either side management or players .

Buffalo is being knocked for losing @ Miami which is a damn solid team these days (buf led 16-7 with 10 to play 3rdq but never scored again) . They lose a game vs NYJ where if you look at the drive log did exactly what NY did offense perhaps more but killed themselves with costly mistakes. Last week they lost @ NE where they never win . The defense is real banged up and look at the pts allowed by NE at home ... Losing the star DE killed their ability to pressure the QB and add in ton of secondary injuries past month or so . Now the secondary perhaps is the healthiet its been in awhile...

The Browns defense has each week regressed while BUF despite the injuries was never really embarrassed . The offense is breaking in a new QB and Quinn played well last week . Still it was home and s Denver with a ton of injuries and no Champ Bailey . This will be a test and 10 days ago everyone was listing reasons why Quinn was NOT a BIG GAME QB. So while I disagree why is that no longer true ??

If your worried about the LINE again show me a fav of less then 7 pts that won and failed to cover on MNF recently??? The trick is always to make us think and see no value in CLE at 7 or below .....would lay up to -6.5 -120 probably if anyone ever lays 7 in a game they are nuts IMO but another time for that ....

On a scale of 1 to 10 this play would rate an 8 IMO .....its not the perfect storm but its damn near close ..Especially with BUFFALO having payback for the game last year ...

For some extra fun Bills and Clippers !!!!!! Lean UND 17.5 TT CLE:cheers:

Well its late but I had 2 props which a stop will hit . I was running late on time before .

1st score of the game CLE and 1st Score with a FG or safety ...

DEFENSE!!!

2nd H :

Buffalo -4

Sloppy start and the momentum flipped after CLE went up 13-0 ......if Buffalo -5 was a very solid play IMO well then just think how I feel now that I can get them -1 for the game .

Add : Buffalo -4 2nd H and LAC -2 -120 Reverse.....:cheers:

Scratch the Reverse went 3 team parlay Buffalo -4 2nd H , Under 20.5 2nd H and LAC ML:cheers:

hmm you really like the clips sports?

Ghost very tough stretch for them IMO. Already w/o Manu they lose Parker and now play 5th game in 7 days with this being a B2B which they historically have been poor versus the spread.

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2b width="12%">Date</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="10%">vs.</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="17%">Score</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="10%">Line</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="12%">O/U</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="8%">Mar</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="11%">SA FG</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="11%">Opp FG</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="9%">Reb</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>11/16/08</TD><TD class=datacell>@SAC</TD><TD class=datacell>W 90-88 </TD><TD class=datacell>W 2</TD><TD class=datacell>U 181</TD><TD class=datacell>4.0 </TD><TD class=datacell>34/74</TD><TD class=datacell>33/74</TD><TD class=datacell>34-42</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>11/14/08</TD><TD class=datacell>HOU</TD><TD class=datacell>W 77-75 </TD><TD class=datacell>W 6</TD><TD class=datacell>U 173.5</TD><TD class=datacell>8.0 </TD><TD class=datacell>30/67</TD><TD class=datacell>30/75</TD><TD class=datacell>36-39</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>11/12/08</TD><TD class=datacell>@MIL</TD><TD class=datacell>L 78-82 </TD><TD class=datacell>L 2.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 181</TD><TD class=datacell>-1.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>32/74</TD><TD class=datacell>31/75</TD><TD class=datacell>37-47</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>11/11/08</TD><TD class=datacell>NY</TD><TD class=datacell>W 92-80 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -4.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 198</TD><TD class=datacell>7.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>36/81</TD><TD class=datacell>30/79</TD><TD class=datacell>52-40

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Also see how all 5 games were at different venues and really the past 3 have gone down to the wire .

Not crazy about the LAC defense as the lowest pt total allowed was 89 all year by them but do prefer and really like the UND 87 TT for SA as well .

:cheers:

Well that sucked . Buffalo just couldnt get the 1 play to put CLE down. Both teams kept leaving the door open and I actually changed the channel before Lindell kicked because I KNEW he was going to miss. Like I said in the beginning favs dont win and not cover on MF just doesnt happen unless we are talking 10 pt spreads . So just on that and the way Lindell kicked that last XP and even the FG prior which just stayed inside I knew I was done . Expected a better effort from Buffalo on offense . How in the world does Lee Evans not have a catch ? Jaws was correct about Trent Edwards he was waiting to long to get ride the ball......

Shit happens and I guess I should have known when I watched Sportscenter for a moment and saw everyone pick Buffalo to win except Keyshawn fading Ditka ...lol...

I will only say this, I told you that Browns team doesn't quit.

I honestly didn't think they'd win SU, but they're not quitters. Though, man, somebody needs to tell Braylon he wasn't a p*ssy last year, there's no reason to be one now.

I didnt expect the game to go like it did. It would have been much easier to fold if Buffalo came out and jumped on them. I still say if you dont think they win SU then there is no reason to bet them at +5 or +6. I think everyone still is misinterperting my points about CLE . I said this team was in disarray and sort of need a reason to fold . Like if they were backed into a corner would they come out swinging ? I dont think so honestly. The injuries in Buffalo secondary hurt but really who though Harrison would play like he did ? I sure didnt . Buffalo never gave them reason to fold . Good win for your Browns ...

Damn I upped my unit size starting this game.......this one hurt me.

That's why I need to stay away from the NFL. Gave back my Dallas, GB, TB parlay and then some.

----------------------

buffalo is AWFUL. Awful. I mean they aren't really that bad, there quarterback is. I mean holy crap Trent Edwars is such garbage it isn't even funny. How many times did the replay show open receivers??? He can't read a defense if his life depending on it man.

Cleveland is not a good team. Any team worth a damn would of handled them tonight. I mean Buff still dominated the line of scrimmage running the ball. Cleveland still showed no passion tackling. Marshawn Lynch is a beast. Cleveland was giving up major passing opportunities but the Bills, I mean Edwards, is the biggest direlect around. Losman sucks, Edwards sucks, this Bills front office sucks. If I was a GM my top priority would be dumping Edwards ass the next ship that leaves town. This will be the same situation as CLE with Derek Anderson, the Bills, ooohh he's young, he's still growing his balls, le'ts sign him and be mediocre for a couple more years and then realize he's shit and dump him after wasting years. the same type of GM that signs a head coach like Weiss or Crennell to long term extensions after one good season, fluke seasons. Why does that happen all the damn time??

I mean this Bills offense all they do is throw dump passes. Really it's been this way for awhile if you think about it though.

...I think Quinn can be a good qb in this league. He makes good decisions, good pocket presence, mobile, great touch, good deep ball, the only question mark IMO is out patterns to the other side of the field 15 yards and farther. We saw that on the one near int late in the game.

....I still think Buffalo wasn't a bad play. I didn't think Edwards was so incapable. I mean I really didn't. I really did not expect that crap. I mean no-body can win with such a limp dick as that guy at qb.

Buffalo had how many turnovers??

Browns are bad. Buffalo could of won this game handily. A mistake free qb who manages the game and makes opportunistic throws, just reading the defense, no great Peyton Manning type passing, just reading the defense, ---the Browns are blown out. Edwards can't even read coverage and find the open receiver, forget anticipation, he can't even scan the field ----- i mean it's bad now guys.

Once again, how many times do we see teams that are unable to take advantage of opportunities and put a team away lose the game?? All the time. Settling for fg's is a big one, turnovers, it was all there.

O state I agree with you that how could u know that Edwards was so bad, but I did have a feeling that he would be worse today--

If he had 3 games that were bad, I thought he would have a 4th bad game before he had a good game--- IT is just the way things go---

However I thought he was decent, he did literally nothing and threw int's-----

JAURON is such a clown, running the ball 3 straight times at the 32 yard line??? Is he for real setting up a 45 yarder in wind??? What an idiot and the Bills are done, they will quit what **** they are.

Back