Thoughts after 11 weeks... What did we learn?

I took the fuckin Browns again... I SWORE i wouldn't. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN EVERY TIME??

Sell all your Chiefs stocks. They are done.

Eagles are a great story. We got some Eagles folks here on the site. Enjoy it. The NFC playoffs are going to be brutal and if somehow you come out, you will get curbstomped by the Patriots. You know why? Because life isn't fair. That's why the Pats are going to win it all again.

Please don't be fooled by the Giants win yesterday. They did nothing. They are awful.

Still have to rewatch the edits of the games tonight so I don't have much else. Looking forward to seeing the Saints finish.

The talk of Marcus Mariota as a franchise QB can end.

Alex Smith is still Alex Smith and its why the Chiefs are not a serious threat in the AFC. I doubt that Mahomes is ready but at least he has some upside.

Damn the AFC West is bad. The Raiders look terrible, the Broncos are a joke and the Chiefs are fading. Funny but the Chargers may end up making the playoffs with how bad the AFC is, if Anthony Lynn wasn't such an idiot they would have at least one if not two more wins.

I too let the Browns get me again. What a franchise.

The Jaguars defense is legit but come on they aren't a serious contender with Bortles.

The AFC East is a joke once again. The Patriots not only dominate each year because they have Brady and Bellichick but due to the fact that the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins are three of the worst organizations in football.

Good job from the Eagles again last night. Wentz is proving that no price is too big to trade up for a franchise QB.

How in the world did Washington blow that game. They are too good to be 4-6.

Kudos to Case Keenum for keeping it up so far. I don't think it can last much longer but good luck anyway.

Oh one other thing from yesterday; the games were so bad that I spent most of the day watching the CFL. Not only is college football a million times better than the pros but the CFL was more enjoyable than the NFL.

Saw almost no live action yesterday, a little of the Pats-Raiders in an airport bar. Looking at the box scores:

Lions won but their recipe for success does not compute in December/January. No run game and porous run D. Bears almost stole another one with that passing attack. Fox must be an idiot savant to keep this going but at the same time being an awful coach.

Remember when they Chiefs were 5-0 with wins over New England and Philly? Yeah, me neither. Average starting field position yesterday was their own 21 yard line. Tough to put a big number with that kind of starting position in the bad weather at Giants stadium. Still, they have a two game bulge on the rest of that crap division.

Cutler simply killing the Dolphins this year.

Vikings and Saints just keep getting it done. Throw in Carolina and you've got three legit contenders to the Eagles regular season crown.

Jacksonville and Baltimore are going to be two real thorns in the playoffs. Stifling D that can travel, Jags add a nice ball control offense. Both teams know how to win in Pittsburgh, and the Ravens have handled the Pats in their building before.

There probably won't be a worse coaching decision all year than the Bills decision to start Peterman against the Chargers. Bills were IN a playoff position heading into that decision. Clay was just starting to get back to 100%, and Benjamin was working on developing some chemistry with Taylor. Now look at where they are. Chargers average starting field position in the first half was midfield + a defensive TD.

I'll give Marcus a pass for his first effort in Pittsburgh. If they somehow get back to Heinz in January he'll perform a lot better. Titans real problem was inability to generate a pass rush.

Landed in Pittsburgh right at halftime Sunday night, saw the score was 9-7 Dallas and both QBs had very poor stats. By the time I got to my car it was 29-9 Eagles. Looks like the Cowboys run D crumpled in the 3rd quarter. Wentz converted a few key third downs and one fourth down that they tried only because Elliot was out. If Elliot was available the 9-7 becomes 14. 21 then 24-9 before the strip sack TD, still a two score game. Instead it's 8, 8 & 6 points yielding a three TD deficit, a little unlucky for Dallas.

The Cowboys four most important players are Ty Smith, S Lee, Zeke and Prescott. With only one available they're vulnerable against anyone.

Stat from John Daigle - 2017 rushing numbers vs Cowboys:
With Sean Lee - 132 carries, 474 yards, 3.5 YPA
Without Sean Lee - 119 carries, 671 yards, 5.6 YPA

Last edited:
Hue Jackson might have the biggest set of balls in the league asking for more power over personnel.

Pittsburgh has the only chance of beating Tommy and the Cheatriots.

Mr. Peterman from Seinfeld could have played better than the Bills QB.

Sean Payton was not stupid in cutting Adrian Peterson

pats still wikkid good even in a different country. (just how da raiders and pats prepared for this match up alone tells you all you need to know... bill is playing chess and everyone else Parcheesi)
Raiders coming off a bye week to boot and Del Rio is still Brady's bitch goin back to his Jag HC days

no wager is safe until the final whistle....see the under backers in mia and the clev backers there

philly looks legit

jerry needs more makeup on post game interviews bashing his staff for bad 2h adjustments
cowboys are not good and Dak is exposed as pedestrian when he does have his binki zeke to take the load off

Saw almost no live action yesterday, a little of the Pats-Raiders in an airport bar. Looking at the box scores:

Lions won but their recipe for success does not compute in December/January. No run game and porous run D. Bears almost stole another one with that passing attack. Fox must be an idiot savant to keep this going but at the same time being an awful coach.

Remember when they Chiefs were 5-0 with wins over New England and Philly? Yeah, me neither. Average starting field position yesterday was their own 21 yard line. Tough to put a big number with that kind of starting position in the bad weather at Giants stadium. Still, they have a two game bulge on the rest of that crap division.

Cutler simply killing the Dolphins this year.

Vikings and Saints just keep getting it done. Throw in Carolina and you've got three legit contenders to the Eagles regular season crown.

Jacksonville and Baltimore are going to be two real thorns in the playoffs. Stifling D that can travel, Jags add a nice ball control offense. Both teams know how to win in Pittsburgh, and the Ravens have handled the Pats in their building before.

There probably won't be a worse coaching decision all year than the Bills decision to start Peterman against the Chargers. Bills were IN a playoff position heading into that decision. Clay was just starting to get back to 100%, and Benjamin was working on developing some chemistry with Taylor. Now look at where they are. Chargers average starting field position in the first half was midfield + a defensive TD.

I'll give Marcus a pass for his first effort in Pittsburgh. If they somehow get back to Heinz in January he'll perform a lot better. Titans real problem was inability to generate a pass rush.

Landed in Pittsburgh right at halftime Sunday night, saw the score was 9-7 Dallas and both QBs had very poor stats. By the time I got to my car it was 29-9 Eagles. Looks like the Cowboys run D crumpled in the 3rd quarter. Wentz converted a few key third downs and one fourth down that they tried only because Elliot was out. If Elliot was available the 9-7 becomes 14. 21 then 24-9 before the strip sack TD, still a two score game. Instead it's 8, 8 & 6 points yielding a three TD deficit, a little unlucky for Dallas.

The Cowboys four most important players are Ty Smith, S Lee, Zeke and Prescott. With only one available they're vulnerable against anyone.

Stat from John Daigle - 2017 rushing numbers vs Cowboys:
With Sean Lee - 132 carries, 474 yards, 3.5 YPA
Without Sean Lee - 119 carries, 671 yards, 5.6 YPA
Good stuff bro....but on the Philly/Dallas game. I know what you mean, but that wasn't unlucky

That was an ass whooping

Future still bright in D......but boy o boy they need Zeke to go go go

Saints 1-2 punch of Ingram and Kamara is pretty good. If they had a real deal TE( I'm not huge on Fleener or any of the other Houmandazzo or any of em....Jimmy was that good for that offense )...

Marathon Lattimore is Defensive Rookie of the Year right? Maybe DPOTY....MVP for Defense, whatever? He is that fucking good. Never seen a guy come in and be. THAT good THAT quick. Hard position to excel....just amazing how he makes the defense that much better....his draft mate also, the S from Utah.

Throw in their other draft mate, Ryan Ramczyck on the O-Line and that is what happens. The Who Dats basically did what they haven't done in quite sometime. They NAILED the draft. And it is paying off. BIGTIME.

Brees having this running game has to be the most satisfying asset for him in ages.

NFC is pretty tough and the South is the Stout like we believed it to be.

pats still wikkid good even in a different country. (just how da raiders and pats prepared for this match up alone tells you all you need to know... bill is playing chess and everyone else Parcheesi)
Raiders coming off a bye week to boot and Del Rio is still Brady's bitch goin back to his Jag HC days

no wager is safe until the final whistle....see the under backers in mia and the clev backers there

philly looks legit

jerry needs more makeup on post game interviews bashing his staff for bad 2h adjustments
cowboys are not good and Dak is exposed as pedestrian when he does have his binki zeke to take the load off
On Dak.....think so?

What do most think here? Curious..

Lions still can't tackle.
GB can't get Rodgers back soon enough.
Don't be fooled by Balt, Flacco looks done.
Jax D is the best I've seen week to week in a long time. They bring it on all three levels. Oh, but that offense. Bortles is horrible. Stack the box they won't score 13 points unless the D scores. Which they do a lot.
Vikes have IT. Whatever that IT is. They are well coached on both sides of the ball, can run it when they have to and have playmakers on the outside who can catch the ball. As opposed to a lot of teams that have skill players who don't make plays. Raiders I'm talking about you. What a disgraceful show those guys put on.
Amazing last four minutes for NO. Cousins played his nuts off but that Wash squad just can't close the deal. Saints backfield impressive. Someone already mentioned their draft class and I concur.
Tampa gave up a bunch of big busted plays on D which kept that game closer than it should have been. Not a big fan of the team but I live in town and something good is happening here. Fitz was better in his second start and I would stick with him. Seems to be a calming influence on the offense but still too many stalled drives. Miami is in trouble.
KC. FUCK YOU!! Off the bye you pull that shit on the day I use you in my suicide pool. Jints still suck but I'm really worried about the KC offense. Smith is back to being Smith and what the fuck happened to that offensive line. Nowhere to run for those poor backs.
Clippers looked great but let's see them against a pro quarterback.
Someone tell the Bills that Keenan Allen (the guy running free in your secondary) plays for the other team. You might want to cover him, he's pretty good. Like them this week on turkey day.
Dallas has issues in the board room, coaches quarters, and on the field. Still not sure they'll figure it out before it's too late. And it's getting late.
DEN and CINCI probably going nowhere although CINCI schedule looks pretty tame. 4 of 6 at home with only the trip to Min troubling. Next three at home including PIT in the middle and finishing up in Baltimore. I'm not impressed with anything they've done to this point in the season but that last wild card is there for the taking in the weak AFC.
Iggles did what everyone and their brothers thought they'd do. Nice beat down in little d. Wentz is the real deal.
PATS are clearly the class of the AFC and will only get better from here until Feb. Although I'm a little worried about this week. That trip took a lot out of them, not just on the field but from a franchise standpoint. Lot of moving pieces in play to set up shop out west on a three legged roady. The 17 I saw posted out there against Miami might be a little high.
The OVER tonight was a gift. ATL is finally putting it together on offense and SEA can score when they need to to be competitive.

Most likely will be riding with the Vikings and Clippers on turkey day. Vikes seem to have found their lead back although everyone they put back there ran extremely hard. Clippers D is coming of age and they have plenty of playmakers on O. Dak is going to have some more growing pains this week me thinks.

Great post man, thanks.

Great point about NE travel. It makes me feel even better about a potential Miami tt play now.

On Dak.....think so?

I think every QB benefits from a good run game. Look at how much better the Saints look right now. Could say the same about Wentz. They didn’t add Ajayi to be a decoy.

I think every QB benefits from a good run game. Look at how much better the Saints look right now. Could say the same about Wentz. They didn’t add Ajayi to be a decoy.

Ajayi's 71 yarder came late when game was already out of reach no? I think the run means more to teams like Dallas/KC than it does to other teams. Probably exposes Garrett as a coach as well......

Not sure what the game plan was in KC but how is it you're throwing 35+ with Alex Smith? Just didn't make sense from the Andy "bye week" Reid...was also super windy that game...

Agree with the statement above, that JAX d is pretty damn good, love the confidence in Ramsey as well

I am one of the Philly guys Capaholic mentioned and I am just scared shitless something bad is going to happen. That comes with being a philly fan. I am just so afraid of our golden boy getting hurt, or even worse, the team laying an egg in a home playoff game vs a team they are clearly better then. This is just how we are programmed to feel in Philly. Hell, I'm worried they come out flat vs the Bears this week. We just know better than to get too confident.

Brewers, interesting comment on Mariota. I had this exact discussion after Thursdays game. I actually think he could very well be good in the NFL, but I hate that he has a coach that doesn't seem to work with his skills. I look at it like Goff. He was trash last year because he had a coach who wanted to run a certain offense style and said to his players "this is the offense, YOU run it" Then the same team gets a young, smart coach who has a different approach, which is "these are my players, what can I run that brings out the best in them based on what their skill sets are?" To me, this is the single biggest difference between a good and a bad coach. Mariota has some unique skills. He needs a progressive, new-school minded coach to bring out the best in him. Whether he gets that or not will mean everything, because he is not going to have success being a standard drop back passer

I am one of the Philly guys Capaholic mentioned and I am just scared shitless something bad is going to happen. That comes with being a philly fan. I am just so afraid of our golden boy getting hurt, or even worse, the team laying an egg in a home playoff game vs a team they are clearly better then. This is just how we are programmed to feel in Philly. Hell, I'm worried they come out flat vs the Bears this week. We just know better than to get too confident.

Brewers, interesting comment on Mariota. I had this exact discussion after Thursdays game. I actually think he could very well be good in the NFL, but I hate that he has a coach that doesn't seem to work with his skills. I look at it like Goff. He was trash last year because he had a coach who wanted to run a certain offense style and said to his players "this is the offense, YOU run it" Then the same team gets a young, smart coach who has a different approach, which is "these are my players, what can I run that brings out the best in them based on what their skill sets are?" To me, this is the single biggest difference between a good and a bad coach. Mariota has some unique skills. He needs a progressive, new-school minded coach to bring out the best in him. Whether he gets that or not will mean everything, because he is not going to have success being a standard drop back passer

I have just never liked Mariota's game. To be honest I dislike any QB whose legs are his best weapon. Mariota is just not a good enough passer in a passing league; I suppose you can get by with him if the rest of the roster is great but he will never be good enough to lead a team to a championship.

Interesting brewers, I think his head and his arm are his best attributes. Imo, the legs are just a bonus.

He's on the wrong team with the wrong coach and the wrong talent around him, D Henry is a limited RB but sufficient to this point...other than that it's all Marcus and his head. If he played for an offensive minded staff he'd light it up.

Interesting brewers, I think his head and his arm are his best attributes. Imo, the legs are just a bonus.

He's on the wrong team with the wrong coach and the wrong talent around him, D Henry is a limited RB but sufficient to this point...other than that it's all Marcus and his head. If he played for an offensive minded staff he'd light it up.

I think Mariota at best is another Alex Smith. Just good enough to keep his job but not a guy to ever feel secure with as your starter unless you are fine with mediocrity. I hope he proves me wrong because he seems like a great guy but I would be shocked if Marcus Mariota is ever a guy that leads a team to a championship.

Wrong team imo...had he gone to Tampa, it would be a completely different story and Koetter would be up for coach of the year as opposed to on the chopping block. Crazy how that works.

Wrong team imo...had he gone to Tampa, it would be a completely different story and Koetter would be up for coach of the year as opposed to on the chopping block. Crazy how that works.

Completely disagree about this situation. First of all Koetter is terrible regardless of who his QB is and I would still take Winston over Mariota though I do have to admit that Winston is a knucklehead.

Yeah we gonna just disagree there, night and day to me and I think Koetter can succeed in many situations, just not that one. That place is a trap.

Koetter in Cincinnati would be interesting, dude is an offensive genius but needs the head of the dragon to have a fucking head

And Dan, if you really compare McAdoo to Koetter I have to knock your NFL talent a few pegs, that's not close and hope you said that tongue in cheek

I think they are both guys who are pretty good offensive minds but are best suited for a coordinator spot and not the head coaching spot because they are not natural leaders of men. Wade Phillips is the same way with defense...these guys are great at what they do but there are some other traits you need to be a great HEAD coach that they don't have

Ajayi's 71 yarder came late when game was already out of reach no? I think the run means more to teams like Dallas/KC than it does to other teams. Probably exposes Garrett as a coach as well......

Not sure what the game plan was in KC but how is it you're throwing 35+ with Alex Smith? Just didn't make sense from the Andy "bye week" Reid...was also super windy that game...

Agree with the statement above, that JAX d is pretty damn good, love the confidence in Ramsey as well

Ajayi run came when it was 15-9 and still very much a game.

I think they are both guys who are pretty good offensive minds but are best suited for a coordinator spot and not the head coaching spot because they are not natural leaders of men. Wade Phillips is the same way with defense...these guys are great at what they do but there are some other traits you need to be a great HEAD coach that they don't have

Norv turner was the original

Hue Jackson is clearly one too, it puts teams in a shitty spot

Do you risk losing the elite coordinator by giving the job to someone else? Even if you don't think they have 'it'

But sometimes it works like Payton, zimmer etc.

Bowles and McVay look like it's working so far

Norv turner was the original

Hue Jackson is clearly one too, it puts teams in a shitty spot

Do you risk losing the elite coordinator by giving the job to someone else? Even if you don't think they have 'it'

But sometimes it works like Payton, zimmer etc.

Bowles and McVay look like it's working so far

Can you please take out Todd Bowles because he is trash.

Winston better than Mariota? Wow....
Russell Wilson is a top 5 QB

I would take Winston over Mariota easily on playing ability but Winston has plenty of off the field issues. Still if my team had Mariota as its starting QB I wouldn't be thrilled and would always feel like they could do better.

On Dak.....think so?

I think ppl been waiting for a reason to rip him and now they think last 2 weeks somehow validates their wrong opinion that he isn't that good. Fact is we have yet to see a game where it was fair to evaluate him without zeke, and unless smith back thu we won't then either cause chargers pass rushers gonna be teeing off.
I'll tell ya who needs to be getting ripped it garbage Garrett and his coaching staff for being incapable of devising a blocking scheme that can work without their all world tackle. No qb worth a damn when under the kind of pressure dak has been the last 2 weeks.

I think ppl been waiting for a reason to rip him and now they think last 2 weeks somehow validates their wrong opinion that he isn't that good. Fact is we have yet to see a game where it was fair to evaluate him without zeke, and unless smith back thu we won't then either cause chargers pass rushers gonna be teeing off.
I'll tell ya who needs to be getting ripped it garbage Garrett and his coaching staff for being incapable of devising a blocking scheme that can work without their all world tackle. No qb worth a damn when under the kind of pressure dak has been the last 2 weeks.

First off, as a birds fan, I 100% agree with you. There seems to be a big argument between Eagles fans and Dallas fans over Dak vs Wentz, which is bound to happen when both teams have very good young qbs. The issue is, when the Eagles lost Lane Johnson last year and the WR's got the yips and couldn't catch his perfect passes, and Wentz' production dipped, all Dallas fans said to us was "no excuses, good qbs win in any scenario and make the players around them better!" Now that Dak is struggling, we are hearing the same kind of excuses.

I think its a silly argument because the reality of the situation is both are very good qbs and both fanbases should be thrilled for the future. It is going to be a very fun next decade, and throw in the Giants if they get Rosen or Darnold (even though I think Rosen is going to bust). But there are very few qbs who can succeed when the line falls apart and the WRs aren't helping.

First off, as a birds fan, I 100% agree with you. There seems to be a big argument between Eagles fans and Dallas fans over Dak vs Wentz, which is bound to happen when both teams have very good young qbs. The issue is, when the Eagles lost Lane Johnson last year and the WR's got the yips and couldn't catch his perfect passes, and Wentz' production dipped, all Dallas fans said to us was "no excuses, good qbs win in any scenario and make the players around them better!" Now that Dak is struggling, we are hearing the same kind of excuses.

I think its a silly argument because the reality of the situation is both are very good qbs and both fanbases should be thrilled for the future. It is going to be a very fun next decade, and throw in the Giants if they get Rosen or Darnold (even though I think Rosen is going to bust). But there are very few qbs who can succeed when the line falls apart and the WRs aren't helping.

Silliest thing is they both still so young, there bound to be growing pains!! Not sure how anyone has watched much of either and not came away with conclusion both gonna be very good for the next decade? I guess that my biggest beef with fans is most seem incapable of using logic when discussing their teams or rivals, I don't think honestly evaluating a team/players takes away your fan card!!

Given the choice I'd take wentz but certainly doesn't mean dak not a good player. I'll admit I really thought philly made a mistake in going up to get him, only took about half a season for me to realize I was dead wrong. Of all the good young qb's that been drafted the last 3 years I'd take wentz 1st and it really not close imo. Love his arm, body size, and playmaking ability. He also every bit as Athletic as the guys who get talked about more in that regard. Love watching that kid play.

Prescott vs Wentz is a thing? Lmao, guess I don't watch enough sports talk. It shouldn't be a thing.

ive only seen praise for him, you follow them so would know best from the outside it looks like the team was gutted and hes making something resembling chicken salad out of chicken shit

This Jets team is no worse talent wise than last years team. They got rid of big name players that were washed up but because the names were Revis, Mangold, Marshall, and Decker the media ran with the idea that they would go 0-16. Meanwhile Revis and Mangold are not even in the league this season, Decker has been mediocre at best after missing most of 2016 and Marshall was doing nothing but dropping passes from Eli before going down for the season. In other words the Jets didn't lose one good player off last years roster. They also let Fitzpatrick go and replaced him with the equally awful Josh McCown. Bowles is a terrible coach and Mike Maccagnan is an awful GM yet they are both getting praise due to the nonsensical narrative that the roster was any worse than last season.

Can you please take out Todd Bowles because he is trash.
I want him back here as D Coordinator and hope the timing works out that Boettcher gets a head coaching gig just as Todd is cut loose. That job he has is thankless, he's damn good.

In fairness brewers you have to be NFL nerds like us to even know who NYJ QB is...and that basically defines teams in the NFL

I want him back here as D Coordinator and hope the timing works out that Boettcher gets a head coaching gig just as Todd is cut loose. That job he has is thankless, he's damn good.

Hopefully he can be the Cardinals DC in 2018.

Really hope Jim Schwartz understands this and is ok with being a long term DC in Philly & be a perennial contender rather than take some crap head coaching job.

Really hope Jim Schwartz understands this and is ok with being a long term DC in Philly & be a perennial contender rather than take some crap head coaching job.

Hopefully he has realized head coaching not his strength!

GMs should be figuring out much better idea to hire a offensive minded hc, chargers made huge mistake hiring a defensive guy imo. That d be great with a good d cord. The offense is too talented to be as suspect as it is, play calling conservative to a disgusting fault as tends to be case more often than not w former DCs turned head coaches. Hoody being the best leads teams to think defensive guys a good idea when fact is he the exception and it cause he not shortsighted like lot of former DCs that come in with the mindset he doesn't want offense to put his d in bad positions which stupid. Best position you can put d in is a lead!!

Hopefully he has realized head coaching not his strength!

GMs should be figuring out much better idea to hire a offensive minded hc, chargers made huge mistake hiring a defensive guy imo. That d be great with a good d cord. The offense is too talented to be as suspect as it is, play calling conservative to a disgusting fault as tends to be case more often than not w former DCs turned head coaches. Hoody being the best leads teams to think defensive guys a good idea when fact is he the exception and it cause he not shortsighted like lot of former DCs that come in with the mindset he doesn't want offense to put his d in bad positions which stupid. Best position you can put d in is a lead!!

Don't even get me started when it comes to hiring defensive minded head coaches. The Jets have only hired defensive coaches for 20 years. The last time they hired a coach with any offensive background was Rich Kotite more than 20 yrs ago.

When Bowles gets fired I want an offensive mastermind as the next coach. I don't understand why so many defensive coaches most of whom have no idea whatsoever regarding offense keep getting hired.

Back