Third Annual CTG Survivor Pool!

I was thinking we would be given every playoff team that made it and pick a team to win WC week, DIV week, CON week and SB week.

Whatever is decided is cool. Although I'd like a 1, 2, 3 over a 3-way sister kissing tie.

Sounds good to me

:shake:

I hope the rest of the guys do not mind, but if you can come up with a "tie breaker" that you can all agree to for the playoffs, that is somewhat simple for us to grade we can settle 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

I amacible with anything the other two guys want.

I am the new guy here and the guys who have longevity should be rewarded some.

If we do ATS , I would think it would be most fair to do it over a few rounds.

I will check back here every few days, and whatever you guys decide is good with me.

Thanks again for the contest

My proposal would be just to 'extend' the contest into the playoffs with the same rules

wipe the slate clean as far as whos been used and who hasnt

pick a straight up winner each week of the playoffs for as long as it goes...

once you use a team, you wouldnt be able to use em again (though I guess that may present a problem if it went to the super bowl and you had already used the two teams in the game...)

I would say that would be part of the strategy.
Project who you feel will go to the bowl and not use them.

Force us to play 3 point favs rather that DD favs.

If three of us survive, and two of us have used both SB teams, player 3 uses his remaining team. If that team wins, he is the winner

Congrats to the winners.

I can not believe Tampa Bay lost to the Raiders in a must win game.

Thanks CTG for putting on the contest.

Seems like we all agree to go forward with contest, fresh start on all playoff teams.

Are we OK that once a team is used, they are burned.

If we burn both AFC and NFC champs, we are eliminated from a chance to win the SB

If we are ok with that, then we just need a mod to volunteer to get the PM's and post them once all PM's are in ( PM's must be in by kickoff of first game of that round of playoffs, regardless of whether that game is being played or not )

we could just post them in a thread and be able to change that posted team up until kickoff of first game that weekend?

That sounds like the best idea.

Are we allowed to change our pick after we PM, but before kickoff?

( if someone likes Philly and McNabb and Westbrook get in a car accident etc )

Also have we decided if we use a team in first 3 rounds, they can't be used in the superbowl?

Thanks Santa.:shake:

Well for ease of the guy whos keeping track (and since we didnt get to in the year anyway) id say no changing after you send in a pick...just to keep it simple more than anythng...

And once you use em, you use em...if we get to the super bowl (i dont think itll last that long anyway, but) without anyone left, oh well...

Well for ease of the guy whos keeping track (and since we didnt get to in the year anyway) id say no changing after you send in a pick...just to keep it simple more than anythng...

And once you use em, you use em...if we get to the super bowl (i dont think itll last that long anyway, but) without anyone left, oh well...

I agree

1) once PM'ed, we are committed
2) Teams may be used only once, playoffs and superbowl.
3) If two players survive to SB and one has burned the teams and other has team available, player MUST win SB choice to get first place. Otherwise both players "lose" superbowl and therefore split 1st and 2nd

would have been interesting if we had to carry season into playoffs

Smoke never used :
Az, Balt, Mia

Brewer never used :
Mia, NYG

I never used :
Iggles

Just thought of another "quirk" that will happen if anyone makes it to the superbowl.

In order to get by the Championship round, any winners will need to have used one of the Superbowl participants,

This makes strategy really important.

Do we use up best teams now, hoping we don't have to get to Superbowl, or risk losing now, without using the teams we feel are best suited to win.

Like "survivor", do we play the immunity idol?

Yea, it's me. Basically laziness would be the reason. Paypal was how I intended to do it about three weeks ago and i did the transfer and didn't want you to have to wait the days for it it clear, so cancelled and got the addy's for checks to be sent. Then just basically put it on the back burner ...

I'll send them when I get to work today. Have envelopes already addressed...

and Smoke it's no problem as far as the baseball. I can hold onto it or send it to horn or whoever is keeping the money.

Fwiw, i will be stimulating the economy with my 1st place winning of $150. Thank you again for contest. We shall do battle again next year forum....

Back