Thinking about the CFP

Think Vols being at #1 helps them still have a decent shot to make the playoff even with a loss this weekend - assuming it’s not a beatdown. Win should lock it up. Georgia loss and they may need some help. I’ll be making the trip to Athens - hope I survive
It would be an interesting scenario if the winner of this weekend loses to a 1 loss Alabama in the SEC Champ game. If the winner of the game beats Alabama in Atlanta, I think they are both likely in, though undefeated Clemson and TCU can muck it up. I think generally it works itself out, but there are some plausible scenarios out there that could really make the committee sweat

I think the biggest threat to TN is Clemson getting in solely based on reputation.

Reactions: KJ
Besides the "I think Tennessee/Georgia/Alabama is better" argument, why would an SEC also-ran get in over an undefeated Clemson?

Meaning I agree that Vols, UGA and Bama are all better than Clemson but who cares what I or anyone else thinks? You lose you pay a price. You get the spoils of being in the SEC then you should have to take the lumps with occasionally having the second or third best team in the country and not having those teams make the playoff. It is a lot better than being in a conference that is not allowed to play in the playoffs before the season starts. AKA quit your bitching,

3 SEC teams make the playoff then you just have to separate the SEC from the rest of college football and not bother with national champions anymore because it would be a regional championship.

Lame is 2 SEC teams getting in. 3 getting in is an antithesis to sports.

Or just have a double elimination tournament from August forward with all games at neutral sites.

ANYTHING but a rigged system for one conference. ANYTHING but that.

All this premature ejaculation will be cleared up when LSU finishes the season unblemished the rest of the way. The players love that Bama gets all the assumptions and they get no respect. Half of them came to LSU for the shot at upsetting Bama during their career. This isnt any ole game to them or our fans. If the door is slightly ajar it will get kicked in. Ok back to reality but just saying alot of assuming is taking place.

As for Tennessee not having a defense certainly rings familiar after the 2019 season. Very similar situation. The pace part I mean and the lack of respect. Let Tennessee fall short first before hating on and questioning the continued results. Well coached explosive team that is improving on a weekly basis. Smart better be Smart or he’ll be planning for next year this time next week. Good Luck Vols!

Tennessee was placed at #1 for a reason.

There's no outrage because we know the angles now.

I'm not harping on UT at all. Good team.

This set up makes it so they don't drop past 5 or so after this loss (yes, they are losing).

Tennessee was placed at #1 for a reason.

There's no outrage because we know the angles now.

I'm not harping on UT at all. Good team.

This set up makes it so they don't drop past 5 or so after this loss (yes, they are losing).
Are you previewing a one loss Tenn Vs one loss UM?

Wonder what happens if a 2 loss Alabama/LSU/Ole Miss beats UGA/Tenn in the SEC Championship game?

Have to take the SEC champion I would think. The one thing you cannot do is leave the champion at home and take another school from the conference. That would be awful and again, an antithesis to sports.

Setting up some good old-fashioned controversy if Georgia runs the table beating Bama in the 'ship, taking Tennessee over Bama leaving the cash cow out, including 3 SEC teams or causing the world to go berserk by still taking Bama over Tenn

What happens if LSU runs the table and wins the SEC Championship? First team with 2 losses in the CFP. Also what happens if a one loss Tennessee (to GA) meets a one loss Oregon (also to UGA)? Who gets in?

Back