Think its time...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
87-79 +28.68 units

Good evening gentlemen. Been laying back and just watching the boxscores for the last handful of days. I was kind of waiting for something to signal to me that its time for that "easier" part of the season. I honestly thought it might take a few more weeks but we are down to just about 4 weeks left in season. Well, I spotted one for Tuesday, so why not get back in the game and lets get a nice run to end this regular season.

The Western Conference battle should be great right to the end. It reminds me a bit of when New Jersey had to fight tooth and nail two years ago I believe to get into one of the last two spots. Same goes out west with Denver and Golden State. Two electric teams that could very well win a first round series. I hope GSW makes it because they are so fun to watch and will put a scare into some team for sure. The Warriors head out for a couple of games on the road against non-contenders before stepping up and playing the Rockets and Lakers twice. The schedule is going to get more difficult very quickly. The Warriors let a bad Memphis squad back into the game the other night with forty-one 4th quarter points. They hld on to win but realize that would have been a devastating loss. One very encouraging point is that Matt Barnes reappeared as a factor and may be out of Nellie's doghouse. He had a strong 2nd quarter and will be vital down the stretch run.

The first game for the Warriors on gthe road back to back is at Arco against the Kings. The Kings got a nice win on Sunday at home versus Toronto. Now, at the same point, Bosh was out and Toronto has been quite porous as of late..especially defensively.

-Two meetings this year so far, both Warrior victories. The one game at Arco was 103-96 Golden State as (1.5) chalk in late November.

-The Warriors are 13-4-1 ats last 18 in this series.

-The Warriors have played only 3 games in 9 days

-This is the Kings 3rd game in a span of 4 days

-In their last 10 games, the Kings are 4-6. Take away that Portland under masterpiece(gave up 85 points) and they have been awful on defense. These are the other nine opponents totals(100-113
-111-116-117-109-115-123)

-In their last 10 games, the Warriors are 8-2 SU. In those affairs they have been their usual self on offense(110-115-117-104-134-109-135-110-119-105)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I have given hyou a littl bit of background on this game. We know what Sacramento will bring. They have some nice offensive players but basically one right now that will give any effort on defense(Artest). This is nothing uncommon for a tam that is just playing out the season. Thats when a teams defense suffers quite a bit. Is Sacramento a dangerous home team? They always have been. The difference here when we get this late into the season is we have to look at the fact that one team is in a must-win situation every game basically from here on out. The other may be a spoiler at times but more times than not over the next 4 weeks they are going to lose to the Westerns playoff contenders.

What we have here is a rested Warrior team thats playing very well and knows how important this little two-game road trip is. You guys an go look at the quotes in the local papers. They understand they need to sweep this next two nights before playing the big boys.

So, that should be enough rambling for now.

Golden State -1 -110 3.5 units

Good to see u back BAr, just curious though (purely for myself) what is your losing streak right now 0-3 or 0-4?

Line already up to 1.5 and 2. What do you like this up to?
I meant to note this...

I got the -1 at about 5:20 est. I was starting this write-up then had to go to dinner and then took a nap. Sorry for not poasting earlier. I would play the same amount at those numbers. Once it touched 2.5 or 3 I would decrease the units slightly.

haha didnt mean it like that at all!
i like going against trends

will be on it with u! GL gonna get it at -2 right now

I would hate it at 6 or 6.5......but perhaps you're a much braver man than I, EHS...

BAR, I agree. I think we're in the homestretch now. I'll ride this one with ya...

Gl Bar, only thing that scares me is the game is at ARCO, and the warriors have both meetings prior. Which we both know so far this year Double Revenge means nothing.

This line def stood out to me, but most that have lately have been losers.

saktown is scary at Arco.

Den vs Det ?
You never know what Flip is going to throw out there. Expect a lot of bench play. They at Cleveland for first time since last June the next night. Flip is experimenting a lot. They should score at will but I see his being a pretty tight game.

Counselor. I am pissed at a team like Utah for settling for jumpers and Cleveland for forgetting how to play defense in the first quarter. Shit happens though, gotta look forward after learning tough lessons.

But yes, CLE is dogcrap ;)

Brother of Golden State guard Monta Ellis shot twice in back

4 hours ago
JACKSON, Miss. — The brother of Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis has been released from the hospital after being shot in the back twice over the weekend.
Antwain Ellis, 27, was released Monday afternoon from University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson Police Department spokesman Sgt. Jeffery Scott said. Ellis was found Sunday afternoon by his mother, who went to his house to check on him.
Scott said Monday the circumstances around the shooting "are not clear," and Jackson police have not yet conducted a formal interview because the elder Ellis was undergoing medical treatment.
There are no suspects and no arrests have been made.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jTYLJmddHVlbz5ahwQD5GTRqZs2Q

last time i followed nba was like 2 years ago, but i remember a correlation between the kings at home on tuesday's, and it was a sick ATS tycoon.

that said, i hate nba, but i'm curious on the status of this ats for the sake of my discussion puposes

GL BAR... you'll get your mojo back
I like the play, but so does everybody else.. 75% on GS... eek
Just like in beginning of the year you'll see these numbers become much more irrelevant over the course of the next month.

Few years ago at Blankets there was a guy that started posting like right around the New Year...he would basically taking that theory and fade the biggest one everynight. He went on an incredible run and was the "next hot thing" over there. Well, the end of the season he got crushed and no one ever saw him again with that screename.

Brother of Golden State guard Monta Ellis shot twice in back

4 hours ago
JACKSON, Miss. — The brother of Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis has been released from the hospital after being shot in the back twice over the weekend.
Antwain Ellis, 27, was released Monday afternoon from University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson Police Department spokesman Sgt. Jeffery Scott said. Ellis was found Sunday afternoon by his mother, who went to his house to check on him.
Scott said Monday the circumstances around the shooting "are not clear," and Jackson police have not yet conducted a formal interview because the elder Ellis was undergoing medical treatment.
There are no suspects and no arrests have been made.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jTYLJmddHVlbz5ahwQD5GTRqZs2Q

crazy shit

last time i followed nba was like 2 years ago, but i remember a correlation between the kings at home on tuesday's, and it was a sick ATS tycoon.

that said, i hate nba, but i'm curious on the status of this ats for the sake of my discussion puposes
I'll try and look in a bit..gotta do some stuff for bracket pool..

if not maybe BC will see this and he prolly has it readily available

Just like in beginning of the year you'll see these numbers become much more irrelevant over the course of the next month.

Few years ago at Blankets there was a guy that started posting like right around the New Year...he would basically taking that theory and fade the biggest one everynight. He went on an incredible run and was the "next hot thing" over there. Well, the end of the season he got crushed and no one ever saw him again with that screename.

Yeah that's true enough...I am on GS at -1.5 ..but was just pointing it out.

good luck man ! let's hope GOLD STATE gets that end of season mojo goin

I hope Monta will have his head in the game. It's gonna be tough knowing your bro just got shot.

Kings are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 Tuesday games.

:shake:

blankets' trend pages have their uses...

I hope Monta will have his head in the game. It's gonna be tough knowing your bro just got shot.

The shooting happened over the weekend. That article says he was just released from the hospital.

also, being released from the hospital indicates to me that his spine wasn't shattered, nor any major organs seriously damaged. "shot in the back" can mean a lot of things.

I wouldn't change my bet over this unless Monta heads for Mississippi.

:shake:

Do you guys like the Denver over with Detriot BAR at 208.5?

Also Phoenix looks be hot of late, can they cover the -3.5??

And Dallas looks decent as they are on fire of late winning big

This is true BAR with G state I watched the shitty raptors play the kings tough.

Kings will have trouble stopping Davis, Ellis and Jackson and anyone good on O. I don't think Hawes, Miller, Udrih and Martin really play any D. The raps were able to score on them with good looks at jumpers. G state will get those looks also. If G state wants to make playoffs they need this win or they can forget about it. I think the Kings may play them tough, but in the end G state is better on O and I think has more Defensive tenacity and athletes.
Sac will try and beat them, but I think G state focussed should get the job done, but Martin, Artest can get very hot, but as you said their D cannot stop anyone really, and their O can make turnovers when Udrih tries to drive. They need to shut out Martin or Artest and they win easy then.

Normally Sac would be in a good spot here, but really this is not the Lakers or the Spurs or Celtics, it is an 8th place team , sure they are going for revenge but Gs is playing good on the road of late.

Also figure that Sac settles for a lot of jumpers from the outside, the way to beat G state is with a dominant forward getting fouled all the time.

Also G state has won 8 of last 10, and in 2 losses they were to Charlotte and Phoenix, in which Richardson scored 48 and Stodamire scored 36, and had 12 free throw attempts.

I think if Sac tries to outscore G state they will lose, as they do move the ball as quick as G state and have the quickness on the guards. Miller and UDRIH are slow and cannot stop Davis and Ellis, Kingds bigs take jumpers and don't drive anyway.

Do you guys like the Denver over with Detriot BAR at 208.5?

Also Phoenix looks be hot of late, can they cover the -3.5??

And Dallas looks decent as they are on fire of late winning big
I do lean the over in Det-Den

But..at same point...a lot of bench play for Detroit could hamper that....maybe

Nice to see you back BAR. Playing in Arco Arena can be difficult, but as you said it, GSW got to win this one, or they can find themselves in the 9th place too fast.
Not sure if I will play it, but will hold my fingers crossed for you, good luck!

On it BAR, was about to search around to see what people think and you are back for it. Good news. :cheers:

BAR, I know you said you expect your boys to run tonight, but 211.5? I'm leaning under here. Last time they met it barely went over 190. Denver coming off a few monster high scoring games...think this one goes under.

BAR, I know you said you expect your boys to run tonight, but 211.5? I'm leaning under here. Last time they met it barely went over 190. Denver coming off a few monster high scoring games...think this one goes under.
Jeebus...this number has skyrocketed. I would leave it alone at that number.

Heres the hting last game. After th first qtr this game was on pace for 240. Denver actually scrapped on defense for the last three qtrs and Detroit did a great job on AI and Melo.

Back