Think Iowa St Coach Knew the Spread?

lvmike32

Pretty much a regular
Had TCU -23.5. ISU down 41-17 little over a minute to play - get to 4th and 7 from the TCU 12 and he sends out the FG unit to boot the spread covering FG. Then (I'm at the Goldcoast watching this on one of the TV's) I walk over to the Book and I have New Mexico +7 - they're down 9 with about minute to go, get stopped on 4th down around the 20 and Davies sends out FG unit to get game to 6 and one score (and cover) and the kicker shanks it. Don't think Ill watch again at the GC anytime soon. LOL.

Also, Grobe and Patterson don't give a shit about covering spreads

yeah man, this shouldnt surprise people. i actually am shocked it doesnt happen more. these schools boosters bet on the games and if nothing else, kicking the fg keeps the boosters happy.

If you're playing a game involving Grobe and banking on him for a cover then you may as well hop over to the sanitarium.

If you're playing a game involving Grobe and banking on him for a cover then you may as well hop over to the sanitarium.

Totally agree. Had BOL early line of Baylor -27.5 which somewhat offset the TCU moose. But watched the Baylor game and was not impressed at all. Already have played Okie St +10 this week even though they have zero defense. Baylor doesn't look right to me. After the game I watched Grobe shake hands with both Bennett and Briles son and it looked very mechanical. Just don't all is well there but we'll see.

Davies made the right call. Kick the FG and go for onsides. Was just saying how I got screwed when the kicker shanked it is all. Absolutely the right call by Davies.

Not sure it was the right call on 4th and 1. You still have to get a touchdown, and 4th and 1 inside the 10 is a drive with a higher probability of getting it then one after an onside kick with minimal time remaining.

Back