The Vegas Flu

Could explain why this hasn't hit as well as the past two years. My guess is some of the players get it out of their system & think "been there done that, focus on hockey".

To press' point though with the highest percentage being one day off in between, it makes perfect sense. If they play a B2B they likely hop a plane that night or have to get p at a reasonable time to fly out. No partying. If however they have the next day off, they are staying in Vegas & getting their drink on, maybe still dragging on game day. Two days rest will cure just about any hangover. Interesting.

Vegas on a long ass road trip this month. Next 2 spots:

3/2 NJD @ Vegas....3 days off then 3/6 v. STL

3/17 Dallas (on a B2B) @ Vegas....2 days off then 3/20 v. Philly

So tonight we have a 2day rest.
It's 3-2.
But, going home on 2days, the O/U is 1-4.
I have no idea how this may help, but I'll take the U for the hell of it.

So grateful I found this thread. Like anything I don’t go blindly but it has helped me a great deal hitting some and avoiding some other potentially bad plays. Thanks for sharing.

Could explain why this hasn't hit as well as the past two years. My guess is some of the players get it out of their system & think "been there done that, focus on hockey".

To press' point though with the highest percentage being one day off in between, it makes perfect sense. If they play a B2B they likely hop a plane that night or have to get p at a reasonable time to fly out. No partying. If however they have the next day off, they are staying in Vegas & getting their drink on, maybe still dragging on game day. Two days rest will cure just about any hangover. Interesting.

that is pretty much how I have approached it, not fading when it a b2b much. Kinda strange since usually look at b2b as a potential negative but think the reasoning here is strong.

Last edited:
I think there’s other angles to take away from this system particularly when a team plays AZ after Vegas. Just from the eye test, these games all seem to go under.

zona a defensive goaltending oriented team anyways. If they can catch a team a bit hung over stands to reason they could get them into a lower scoring game.

So the first was the Ducks, the won(against the trend)
Now , the flu would involve the Coyotes, which vegas has played twice.

I'll watch this but , I"ve been watching the b2b plays that we have in this new sched. Go against the team that won in gm1.

Blues will be on deck
Post Vegas game will be 1/30 vs. Anaheim.

Blues have played 4gms in 6 nights going into tonight.

Not so sure this is going to apply this season. I think a big part of it was the whole "wow" factor for players who had never been to Vegas before & maybe went out on the town a bit after the game. Probably won't be happening this year, plus they have a much lesser variety of opponents.

Back