The Tour Championship

Also Colt Knost somehow has overtaken Dottie Pepper as the worst voice in golf. Actually all over as I'd rather listen to Beth call a CFB game than listen to this nerd explain basically nothing.

Love when Nance has to try to be a meteorologist.

Rain should slow the greens down a bit?

Good start for X and Hov. Hopefully X can get a stroke ahead here on 2.

Love when Nance has to try to be a meteorologist.

Rain should slow the greens down a bit?

Good start for X and Hov. Hopefully X can get a stroke ahead here on 2.
Vik has to imagine X is gonna shoot a 62

That's a winner's mentality

If Xander played this course 365 days I'd line him at u70 359 over juiced at -120

Imagine what he'd shoot with normal tees and conditions

Thank God I don't have kids

Dottie's voice makes me want to throw the next thing I can find

Seriously Colt says the nerdiest things in the biggest nerd voice I can ever remember on tv

Think they might need a new venue for this. East Lake is positively toothless when wet, and the greens all look like they have just a half cup to cup break on putts. Child's play for these guys.

Scottie didn't play well but when bust your butt all year to get the top ranking and then would still need to shoot 263 to win.......I don't think that's what Monahan envisioned.

Think they might need a new venue for this. East Lake is positively toothless when wet, and the greens all look like they have just a half cup to cup break on putts. Child's play for these guys.

Scottie didn't play well but when bust your butt all year to get the top ranking and then would still need to shoot 263 to win.......I don't think that's what Monahan envisioned.
I really don't get it. Next year will be the first time any playoff tournament will be played West of the Mississippi. So stupid.

Not like Atlanta is some dream place to play in August, it's f'n miserable there just like most places. This course is very forgettable.

Where would you move it to? These guys will tear up any course with some give in the ground…

I am curious to see what type of changes they have in mind for Eastlake

Great season and congrats to Viktor… well deserved

Where would you move it to? These guys will tear up any course with some give in the ground…

Mate they could move it to Nebraska for all I care

Augusta and Atlanta getting two of the most watched events in the sport is criminal and that course isn't any more special than anything in Dallas

Not sure the angle they're going for in playing there all the time.

Curious where they play the Kapalua tournament next year

No chance in hell they keep it in West Maui if they have an iota of class

They should move it around. KJ is right....why should Atlanta get it every year? There's probably 2 dozen courses that have hosted the PGA Championship the last 30 years that would make great venues. It's weird that 3 of the 4 majors move around every year but the PGA Tour doesn't have a single tournament that changes venues regularly. They should either rotate the Tour Championship or the Players Championship.

Curious where they play the Kapalua tournament next year

No chance in hell they keep it in West Maui if they have an iota of class
I don’t think kapalua had any burn damage. If they pull it I think it would be a huge economic hit to the community…

I don’t think kapalua had any burn damage. If they pull it I think it would be a huge economic hit to the community…
Kapalua, Napili, Kaanapali are all reliant on Lahaina for nightlife, dinner etc

Think most resorts in all three are housing displaced folks

Kapalua is only 15 minutes from Lahaina, that entire part of the island is going to deal with this for years

Congrats to Hovland for the big W. Man, what a show he put on for the last two tournaments. Not as fruitful a tourney as last but did go out with a W on Burns, +6u for East Lake.

Reactions: KJ
They're not moving it. They'll double down on it and their involvement.
The only resort in Kapalua is the Ritz and they are housing people from Lahaina right now. You actually have to drive through Lahaina to get there from the main airport on Maui. I don't see any way they still hold the tournament there. Granted most of those guys can fly private into the airport right by the resort but that entire part of the island is fucked for a decade at least.

Somehow the civic center in Lahaina got spared, where they hold the basketball tournament but no chance in hell they play there this year. Or next year. It would be morbid.

Back