The Sports Cruncher's 2015 CFB Week 08 Lines & Market Play

Yeah, pretty brutal beat UConn not getting the TD late and then giving one up. Probably the difference between a winning and losing day, though not much luck on these other shitty teams I've got bets on right now, lol.

SC,

Curious on your thoughts why you buy back on some of your plays when you have got a good line on your original bet. It seems like the more +EV would be just let the original play ride with no bet on a middle try. Good job this year.

It would be more +EV, frequently. I usually bet fairly flat between .5 to 1 unit, so when I buy 2+ units it's for the express purpose of setting up a middle. It just so happens that I bet 2+ units on the weakest opening lines, which is why they've been winning at a higher rate, lol. Of course, the only 2 unit bet I forgot to buy back on yesterday, ODU, outgains FIU and can't cover +14.5, :(. I just missed my biggest middle play of the year on the CLEM/MIA total by a 1/2 point. I've hit one baby middle (push & a win) this year, and that's it. It's not a lucky year at all to be this far in and not hit a full middle.

Back