The Raiders are after DeAngelo Hall

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
Raiders working on deal for DeAngelo Hall

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR vAlign=top _extended="true"><TD align=left _extended="true">
Adam_Schefter_SH.jpg
</TD><TD width=10 _extended="true"></TD><TD noWrap _extended="true">By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR _extended="true"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" _extended="true">
deanglo_hall_041128_IA.jpg
</TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; COLOR: #999999; PADDING-TOP: 0px" _extended="true">Scott Halleran/Getty Images</TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" _extended="true">DeAngelo Hall could team with Nnamdi Asomugha to suddenly form one of the NFL's most formidable cornerback tandems.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Details are still being finalized, but Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall could be traded to the Raiders within the next week.
Before any trade becomes official, two deals will have to be worked out. The first will have to be the Raiders compensating Hall's current team, the Falcons. The next will come from the Raiders having to compensate Hall, who wants a new deal. But those talks are well underway.
After getting permission from the Falcons last week, Hall spent Friday in Oakland, Calif., at the Raiders' training complex, taking a physical and meeting with Al Davis, head coach Lane Kiffin and defensive coordinator Rex Ryan.
The Falcons and Raiders are thought to be closer to agreeing to a deal than the Raiders and Hall. It is likely that Hall will want to be paid as one of the top cornerbacks in all of football.
<TABLE width=255 align=right _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Yet, the Raiders have been more aggressive than any team in football this offseason, doling out $144 million in guaranteed money to defensive tackle Tommy Kelly, wide receiver Javon Walker and safety Gibril Wilson.​
Now, Hall has become the latest -- and biggest name -- player they are pursuing. One other NFC team has expressed a mild degree of interest in Hall, but the Raiders are the favorite to land the perennial Pro Bowl cornerback.
To land Hall, it likely would take at least the Raiders' second-round pick, near the top of the round. Oakland would be unwilling to surrender the draft's fourth overall pick, but the second round pick might be enough to get it done.
Should Atlanta land that second-round pick, it would be scheduled to pick three times in the round -- its own selection, Houston's in a trade for Matt Schaub last year, and Oakland's. It would give the Falcons unlimited possibilities

the thing is..

Walker and Kelly both got over 55 mil a piece, Gibril got over 35 mil, Huff is making over 30 mil, I'm not even sure what they paid for Drew Carter, and now they want Hall for over 50 mil as well???

how the hell do they expect to pick and pay for McFadden??

maybe now they better consider trading down with Dallas.

just seen this shit wtf is AL thinking ? IM not really a fan of hall.

Raiders are still not done yet.

Also I pray to god they also sighn Nnamdi to a longterm deal

see all you guys can hate on the raiders or talk shit on AL Davis

but every year no matter how good we are or how much we suck

He always, always gives the fans hope by doing some crazy ass shit.

He's not done yet also. :shake:

If they land hall , i challenge anyone to find a better secondary in the league. This defense can keep them in a lot of games.

McFadden would complete this but if AL gets a chance at him no way will he turn down picks and players from the cowboys

Last edited:
I, for one, am not knocking on the players they are getting... I just disagree the money being spent on em'...

the Giants actually pretty much had a done deal for Hall... I believe we were giving up the first round pick for him and Atlanta was all for it... it was when we found out how much money he wanted that made the deal go sour.... had he come down to about 7 or 8 mil per year, I think it may have worked out, but he's asking for alot...

and about the Raider defense being great next year, I don't doubt it.. but was defense really their problems??

who do they have on offense that's going to be the difference maker??... Walker??... Carter??... I mean, no point in having your defense keep you in games if you're going to be scoring 10 pts/wk...

btw, I don't doubt the Raiders jump on McFadden.. I just don't know how they plan on paying him the way they are spending money like crazy...

I sure hope this guy knows what he's doing cause it's all in his hands... hehe.

davis.jpg

He always, always gives the fans hope

Hope is a bad thing. It means that you are not what you want to be. It means that part of you is dead, if not all of you. It means that you entertain illusions. It’s a sort of spiritual clap, I should say.

an_getaway.gif

He always, always gives the fans hope

Hope is a bad thing. It means that you are not what you want to be. It means that part of you is dead, if not all of you. It means that you entertain illusions. It’s a sort of spiritual clap, I should say.

an_getaway.gif

dude go hop on the eagles bandwagon :shake:

D Hall is a bitch, he has been one ever since V Tech. Overrated is the first thing that comes to my mind. I wonder what he will do without his partner in crime Jimmy Williams.

Please Jerry dont trade up for DMac.

For all the Raider Haters out there we've been easy pickings the last 5 years...but I challenge you to name an owner more committed to winning and bringing a Lombardi to his team...an owner who has been a successful coach, commissioner, and GM...an owner who is in the PFB Hall of Fame, has ruled over a dominant NFL franchise for 40+ years and brought AFL Championships and Superbowl appearances and/or wins in the '60's, '70's, 80's, 90's (AFC Championship Game) and 2000's...:smiley_acbe:

Now, on the this off-season's moves:

G. Wilson (solid, young, TACKLING safety): Our biggest weakness on D last year was a lack of a safety who could fill the hole and hold 5-7 yard gains from becoming 20+ yard gains...IMO, most underrated and best signing in the offseason.

T. Kelly (solid, young, possible stud DT/DE): Gave Kelly a HUGE contract, in part because Dungver was ready to snatch him. Warren Sapp (who's played next to Kelly for a few years) believes he could be a DOMINATE DT in the "Warren Sapp" mode...with Sapp retiring it left a huge hole...time will tell if Kelly can fill Sapp's shoes.

W. Joseph (young, previous 1st rd talent DT): Signed for the vet minimum, any production from this one time 1st round pick is GRAVY...low risk/high reward signing.

D. Hall (24-year old, Probowl CB): Tell me the downside of trading for a young, proven talent like D. Hall? Show me a better pair of corners in the NFL than ASO & D. Hall (and we know Mr. Davis loves his corners...anyone who is an NFL vet remember Hayes & Haynes?)

ASO (exclusive rights franchise playa, young stud CB): ASO was thrown on less than TWICE per game last year...he is THAT GOOD...and he was a late 1st round pick of Mr. Davis that was criticized by everyone at the time. (My only concern with the D. Hall trade is that da Raiders choose not to sign ASO to a longterm deal...but, as I said, Mr. Davis loves his corners.)

J. Fargas (young, hard running RB): Re-signed Huggy Bear, jr. to solid contract...allowing us to waive ("dance happy" LJ and save $$$)...plus, anyone remember Michael Bush from da 'Ville?

K.Harris (young, former 1st round talent OT): Our O-line Guru, Tom Cable, who took one of the worst O-line's and re-made them into a SOLID unit believes Kwame will thrive in da Raiders ZBS...this man is an O-line genius...time will tell. (And this contract is a one year tryout in reality...media reports total $$$ numbers that are never seen...gotta look at the 1st / 2nd year comp. people.)

D. Carter (young, FAST WR): Came into his own starting 7 games for Panthers last year...Panther fans lamenting his loss bigger than WR K. Colbert...will open up underneath routes for Ronald Curry & Zach Miller. Plus, anyone know HOW FAR JaMarcus can throw the ball? (Mr. Davis LOVES speed.)

J. Walker (former STUD WR): We OVERPAID for Walker, no doubt...although in reality it's only a HUGE one year contract if he doesn't perform. Show me a FA WR with more potential? (and R. Moss wasn't coming back to Oaktown) WR was our weakest position on O and we are loading up to give JaMarcus weapons...and for the IDIOTS criticizing JaMarcus...his 1st year stats were better than Aikman, Manning, etc., etc., etc., so get off this LARGE man's back ya Raider Hating Biatches...:shake:

One more thing...Mr. Davis DOES NOT trade down in the NFL Draft...we'll be picking future NFL SACK MACHINE Vernon Gholston to pair with D. Burgess on passing downs...Burgess, Gholston, ASO, D. Hall...c'mon biatches I DARE YA to throw on da Raiders in '08...:smiley_acbe:

Mully :cheers:

Last edited:
For all the Raider Haters out there we've been easy pickings the last 5 years...but I challenge you to name an owner more committed to winning and bringing a Lombardi to his team...an owner who has been a successful coach, commissioner, and GM...an owner who is in the PFB Hall of Fame, has ruled over a dominant NFL franchise for 40+ years and brought AFL Championships and Superbowl appearances and/or wins in the '60's, '70's, 80's, 90's (AFC Championship Game) and 2000's...:smiley_acbe:

Now, on the this off-season's moves:

G. Wilson (solid, young, TACKLING safety): Our biggest weakness on D last year was a lack of a safety who could fill the hole and hold 5-7 yard gains from becoming 20+ yard gains...IMO, most underrated and best signing in the offseason.

T. Kelly (solid, young, possible stud DT/DE): Gave Kelly a HUGE contract, in part because Dungver was ready to snatch him. Warren Sapp (who's played next to Kelly for a few years) believes he could be a DOMINATE DT in the "Warren Sapp" mode...with Sapp retiring it left a huge hole...time will tell if Kelly can fill Sapp's shoes.

W. Joseph (young, previous 1st rd talent DT): Signed for the vet minimum, any production from this one time 1st round pick is GRAVY...low risk/high reward signing.

D. Hall (24-year old, Probowl CB): Tell me the downside of trading for a young, proven talent like D. Hall? Show me a better pair of corners in the NFL than ASO & D. Hall (and we know Mr. Davis loves his corners...anyone who is an NFL vet remember Hayes & Haynes?)

ASO (exclusive rights franchise playa, young stud CB): ASO was thrown on less than TWICE per game last year...he is THAT GOOD...and he was a late 1st round pick of Mr. Davis that was criticized by everyone at the time. (My only concern with the D. Hall trade is that da Raiders choose not to sign ASO to a longterm deal...but, as I said, Mr. Davis loves his corners.)

J. Fargas (young, hard running RB): Re-signed Huggy Bear, jr. to solid contract...allowing us to waive ("dance happy" LJ and save $$$)...plus, anyone remember Michael Bush from da 'Ville?

K.Harris (young, former 1st round talent OT): Our O-line Guru, Tom Cable, who took one of the worst O-line's and re-made them into a SOLID unit believes Kwame will thrive in da Raiders ZBS...this man is an O-line genius...time will tell. (And this contract is a one year tryout in reality...media reports total $$$ numbers that are never seen...gotta look at the 1st / 2nd year comp. people.)

D. Carter (young, FAST WR): Came into his own starting 7 games for Panthers last year...Panther fans lamenting his loss bigger than WR K. Colbert...will open up underneath routes for Ronald Curry & Zach Miller. Plus, anyone know HOW FAR JaMarcus can throw the ball? (Mr. Davis LOVES speed.)

J. Walker (former STUD WR): We OVERPAID for Walker, no doubt...although in reality it's only a HUGE one year contract if he doesn't perform. Show me a FA WR with more potential? (and R. Moss wasn't coming back to Oaktown) WR was our weakest position on O and we are loading up to give JaMarcus weapons...and for the IDIOTS criticizing JaMarcus...his 1st year stats were better than Aikman, Manning, etc., etc., etc., so get off this LARGE man's back ya Raider Hating Biatches...:shake:

One more thing...Mr. Davis DOES NOT trade down in the NFL Draft...we'll be picking future NFL SACK MACHINE Vernon Gholston to pair with D. Burgess on passing downs...Burgess, Gholston, ASO, D. Hall...c'mon biatches I DARE YA to throw on da Raiders in '08...:smiley_acbe:

Damn...ya gotta at least give Mr. Davis PROPS for getting his FAN BASE stoked after 5 PATHETIC years...:cheers:

<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> i dunno how u can support davis after he rehired shell. but i've never really been connected to him in anyway so it must be a raider nation thing.

still tho, that shell signing would have been the last straw for me if i was a fan.

props on the offseason. jamarcus is a playa but like kyle said, drafting him was a mistake.

calvin would have been an upgrade on randy and there was no learning curve with Edwards who you coulda gotten in the second (or 3rd?...) He was ready to go.

he's making a shitload of moves and spending a shitload of money...

ya think maybe he's gunning to win this year and then get the hell outta dodge??

I heard Jamarcus "Shaq" Russell is over 300 pounds

Bro, don't believe everything you read on the internet:

CAM INMAN: TIMES COLUMNIST
Time for QBs to claim -- or reclaim -- their franchises
Contra Costa Times
Article Launched: 03/17/2008 03:00:11 AM PDT

Put down that March Madness bracket. Stop watching replays of Tiger Woods' winning putt. We've got news about our local chapters of NFL Inc.
Offseason training programs commence today for the Raiders and 49ers, and that matters because ...

The franchise quarterbacks will be on display.

For the Raiders, that means JaMarcus Russell, whose weight has been a hot-button (or an expanding belly-button) topic in cyberspace. The Raiders insist the rumors are false -- you darn Internet-mongers.

Don't bother scrutinizing the recent roster moves by either team -- example: the Raiders' possible trade for cornerback DeAngelo Hall seems dangerous yet so Raiders-esque.

No, these troubled franchises won't be turned around by the acquisitions of a controversial cornerback, or castoff wide receivers, or overpaid defensive linemen.

Quarterback play will determine whether the Raiders and 49ers can get back on track after five straight seasons without a playoff berth.

Encouraging signs are emanating from the Raiders and 49ers as both teams begin their 14-week offseason programs. Specifically, their franchise quarterbacks are acting like, well, franchise quarterbacks.

Let's begin with Russell.

Yes, the Raiders are determined to get Russell in shape. Mentally, that is.
As for physically: "Don't believe what you read on (the Internet). He's not close to weighing 300 pounds," Raiders offensive coordinator Greg Knapp said by phone Friday.

Russell's oversized frame is within the accepted window of 265 to 275 pounds, according to Knapp, who should know because he's been spending lots of time recently with Russell.

Two weeks ago, Russell voluntarily reported early to Raiders HQ, an effort designed to get his brain "hardwired" on the Raiders' scheme.

"This is the best time to spend quality time with the quarterback on pre-snap procedures on every pass play in our scheme," said Knapp, noting how well this "hardwiring" worked with two of his former pupils, Michael Vick and Jeff Garcia.

Russell had to take a crash course in NFL terminology after the Raiders drafted him No. 1 overall last April, and after he missed all of training camp because of contract haggling.

"It's a way to get guys playing at a high level in the offense as quickly as possible," Knapp said of Russell's tutorial for the next three months. "He wanted to get a head start and that's worked great for us. I'm very, very pleased."

Russell, along with Knapp and quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, have been meeting for 11/2 hours in the morning before he heads out to the field for about an hour of work on fundamentals.

And who'll be Russell's head coach in 2008? Knapp sounded confident (and upbeat) that it'll remain Lane Kiffin, who pushes forward with boss Al Davis despite their reported friction after last season's 4-12 showing.

As for the 49ers, coach Mike Nolan is excited about something that's never happened in his four offseasons at the helm: A quarterback competition.

"No one has an advantage going in. This is even," Nolan said by phone Friday. "This competition is open. Somebody will work with the starters on the first day, and someone else will work with the starters the second day, and so on. You have to let them compete fairly."

Hill burst on the scene near the end of last season's travails, and he ditched free agency to remain a 49er. Smith, meanwhile, looks determined to rebound after his career was derailed last season by a separated shoulder (and subsequent feud with Nolan).

Their on-field competition won't get rolling for a couple weeks, as Nolan's priority right now is strength and conditioning for his players.

Like Russell, Smith hasn't waited until today to show his face around team headquarters. (Hill has been in Missouri mostly, Nolan said.)

Six months from now, you'll have forgotten about your March Madness pools. Instead, you'll be eager to see how the 49ers' and Raiders' quarterbacks emerge from an offseason workload that officially begins today.

Mully :cheers:<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

he's making a shitload of moves and spending a shitload of money...

ya think maybe he's gunning to win this year and then get the hell outta dodge??

Bro, Mr. Davis will be 79 on July 4th (the same B-day as another LEGENDARY owner Mr. Steinbrenner, who'll be 78)...I'd say he's loading up for one more run before he heads for the EVERLASTING EXIT...:shake:

<HR style="COLOR: rgb(209,209,225)" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->i dunno how u can support davis after he rehired shell. but i've never really been connected to him in anyway so it must be a raider nation thing.

still tho, that shell signing would have been the last straw for me if i was a fan.

props on the offseason. jamarcus is a playa but like kyle said, drafting him was a mistake.

calvin would have been an upgrade on randy and there was no learning curve with Edwards who you coulda gotten in the second (or 3rd?...) He was ready to go.

Bro, Mr. Davis has made MANY MOVES, especially over the last 10 or so years, that have driven me to the edge of MADNESS...but once the Silver-N-Black is in your blood, once you've become a card carrying member of Raider Nation, once you've pledged allegiance to the Darkside...there is no other NFL team you could ever root for. (JaMarcus' arm reminded Mr. Davis of John Elway...no way were we ever gonna select anyone else.)

Win, Lose or Tie Raiders Till I Die.

What a surprise raiders overpay again for a free agent, 7 year 70 million, just my guess but most of the contract is probally guaranteed. I don't think he is a 10 million a year corner at all possibly a 8.5 but not 10.

maybe he wants to beat the Eagles in the Superbowl again

:smiley_acbe:

Oh and I really like how the eagles owner got the offense of threat in Klecko :36_11_6:

I never got why people held on to the past and tried to use it as some sort of insult thats supposed to sting me? What the hell do I care if the Raiders beat the Eagles in the super bowl in 1980? I wasnt alive...you werent alive...thats the best you can do??

And Kleckos a nice pick up...all hes there to do is play fullback on goal line and short yardage situations...we didnt have anyone to do that, now we do...so good pick up

Raiders wont win 6 games this year

I never got why people held on to the past and tried to use it as some sort of insult thats supposed to sting me? What the hell do I care if the Raiders beat the Eagles in the super bowl in 1980? I wasnt alive...you werent alive...thats the best you can do??

And Kleckos a nice pick up...all hes there to do is play fullback on goal line and short yardage situations...we didnt have anyone to do that, now we do...so good pick up

Raiders wont win 6 games this year

Smokey: Why don't you come back when y'all win a Superbowl...or when your QB doesn't *CHOKE* one away...you were alive for that one, right? :36_11_6:

What a surprise raiders overpay again for a free agent, 7 year 70 million, just my guess but most of the contract is probally guaranteed. I don't think he is a 10 million a year corner at all possibly a 8.5 but not 10.

Damn, when will y'all LEARN to not take a contract @ face value...will be HEAVILY BACKLOADED...meaning it'll be less than what Samuel got (and, IMO D.Hall is a more explosive playmaker and better tackler than Samuel)...:shake:

Smokey: Why don't you come back when y'all win a Superbowl...or when your QB doesn't *CHOKE* one away...you were alive for that one, right? :36_11_6:

Well good news is, Ill be alive when the Eagles win one, but youll be long gone before the Raiders win another one...so enjoy living in the 70s...

Smokey:cheers:

Damn, when will y'all LEARN to not take a contract @ face value...will be HEAVILY BACKLOADED...meaning it'll be less than what Samuel got (and, IMO D.Hall is a more explosive playmaker and better tackler than Samuel)...:shake:

when the contract terms are disclosed and are not listed at 7 year 70 million. Heavily backloaded?? well is should be Deangelo hall is 28 and having him until he's 35 seems a bit ridiculous because of the position he plays and quickness is everything. The moment he loses a step is the moment his value starts declining.

I don't think his contract is heavily backloaded, your giving al davis too much credit as a owner. He isn't afriad to invest in the team but he grossly over pays. D. Hall can only be an explosive playmaker when he has above average saftey held. I do not know the complete saftey situation in oakland but i do know that they have G. Wilson and the 1st round draft pick from a couple drafts ago who i think is filling in nicely.

I don't think D. Hall is giong to be as big of a threat as your thinking because his competitive edge has been diminsihed thanks to that of Atlanta and Mr. Petrino. I still don't think with that acquistion oakland will be any more/less competitive due to the fact that they still have to be able to protect their QB which they have proven time and time again that they can't do.

Well good news is, Ill be alive when the Eagles win one, but youll be long gone before the Raiders win another one...so enjoy living in the 70s...

Smokey:cheers:

hahahaha, the funny part is it is true. They can't make the salary cap high enough for oakland.

well is should be Deangelo hall is 28 and having him until he's 35 seems a bit ridiculous because of the position he plays and quickness is everything.

Deangelo isn't 28 bud... he's 24.

I know alot of people think he's overrated, but he's played 4 seasons and is a two time pro bowler. Even though Pro Bowls don't mean shit and are more of a popularity thing, you still have to be productive. They won't throw you in there if you suck at your position... well, unless you're Roy Williams.. lol.. jk Diz, don't get your panties all in a knot over that one.. hehe.

anyway, with all that said, he's still not worth 10 mil. 7 or 8 maybe, but not 10.

The Giants blew him off when they found out how much he wanted. They'll manage without him just fine.. just like they did this past year.. ;)

when the contract terms are disclosed and are not listed at 7 year 70 million. Heavily backloaded?? well is should be Deangelo hall is 28 and having him until he's 35 seems a bit ridiculous because of the position he plays and quickness is everything. The moment he loses a step is the moment his value starts declining.

I don't think his contract is heavily backloaded, your giving al davis too much credit as a owner. He isn't afriad to invest in the team but he grossly over pays. D. Hall can only be an explosive playmaker when he has above average saftey held. I do not know the complete saftey situation in oakland but i do know that they have G. Wilson and the 1st round draft pick from a couple drafts ago who i think is filling in nicely.

I don't think D. Hall is giong to be as big of a threat as your thinking because his competitive edge has been diminsihed thanks to that of Atlanta and Mr. Petrino. I still don't think with that acquistion oakland will be any more/less competitive due to the fact that they still have to be able to protect their QB which they have proven time and time again that they can't do.

Bro, I don't know where to start...your entire post is full of inaccuracies.

1) D.Hall is 24, an EXPLOSIVE tackler, a two time Pro Bowler and has 17 INTs in FOUR seasons...name a CB as impressive in their first four seasons?
2) EVERY contract the Raiders have signed a player to this off-season has been HEAVILY backloaded. I'd suggest doing a little research on your own and not taking BSPN's "facts" as straight truth. (Agents recruit players by telling other players I got XXXX 10 years @ $10M per year...everyone with a shred of NFL intelligence knows the player never sees the last 2-3 years of the contract...the Raiders were actually one of the first teams to utilize this in the early 2000s.)
3) Please check the stats on the Raiders O-Line...they employed a new ZBS (and if you don't know what a ZBS is...I should really stop wasting my time) with Line Guru Tom Cable...their sacks were cut in half and they were #5 in rushing. 265 lb JaMarcus Russell also sheds LBs & DEs with ease...:36_11_6:

1) D.Hall is 24, an EXPLOSIVE tackler, a two time Pro Bowler and has 17 INTs in FOUR seasons...name a CB as impressive in their first four seasons?
2) EVERY contract the Raiders have signed a player to this off-season has been HEAVILY backloaded. I'd suggest doing a little research on your own and not taking BSPN's "facts" as straight truth. (Agents recruit players by telling other players I got XXXX 10 years @ $10M per year...everyone with a shred of NFL intelligence knows the player never sees the last 2-3 years of the contract...the Raiders were actually one of the first teams to utilize this in the early 2000s.)
3) Please check the stats on the Raiders O-Line...they employed a new ZBS (and if you don't know what a ZBS is...I should really stop wasting my time) with Line Guru Tom Cable...their sacks were cut in half and they were #5 in rushing. 265 lb JaMarcus Russell also sheds LBs & DEs with ease...:36_11_6:

:cheers:

1. Hall got a 24.5 million dollar signing bonus which is surprising that al davis didn't throw 50% at him. Secondly his contract has all kinds of escalators in it. Which will make the cap hit much worse, but what do the raiders care they have been playing cap games for years whats a few more.

2. You actually think the statement about your o-line is a good thing. THey were last in the league. They can't get any worse so the amount of production they had wasn't worth mentioning.

3. I don't konw G. Wilson's contract but i do know that the NY d-line and backing core made people believe he is better than what he really is. With all the holes in the d-line, is it really proficient to make all acquistions on a DB's?

3. How many wins do you actually expect to have this year? 3,4, or 5?

4. Even if they draft offensive linemen and he works out, the entire division is getting better defensivly with the exception of denver, how are you going to offset, with a new ZBS scheme or maybe ANOTHER new coach may do the trick. Well at least the raiders kept their coach so they don't have another coach who's out in one year.

<TABLE class=show_design_border width=300 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>
032008hall.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD>New Raiders CB DeAngelo Hall poses for a photo in the Hall of Fame room at the team's Alameda, Calif., facility.</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Tony Gonzales/Raiders.com
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The Oakland Raiders have acquired two-time Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall via trade with the Atlanta Falcons. Hall has played in 57 league games with 55 starts since originally entering the NFL as a first round draft choice by the Atlanta Falcons in 2004.
“We’re very pleased about the acqusition of DeAngelo Hall to the Raiders," said Raiders Head Coach Lane Kiffin. “This, following offseason signings of Tommy Kelly. and Gibril Wilson, we feel have one of the most talented defenses in the league.”
Hall is coming off a season in which he led the Falcons in both interceptions (five) and passes defensed (16) while leading all Atlanta cornerbacks in tackles with 71.
Over his four-year career, Hall has recorded 17 interceptions and scored three touchdowns—one on a 56-yard return of a fumble recovery in 2007; one on a 66-yard return of a fumble recovery in 2005; and one on a 48-yard interception return for a score in 2004.
“I met with Mr. Davis, Lane Kiffin and the defensive coaches and I’m excited to be joining the Raiders,” said Hall. “To come out here and see all of the Hall of Famers walking around, their photos posted on the wall, the championships, it’s an amazing feeling to be a part of that history and be a part of making history. I’m also looking forward to playing with the talented players already there, and also coming in with Gibril [Wilson]. I look forward to making a contribution to the success of the Raiders.”
The versatile, athletic Hall has also returned kickoffs and punts during his NFL career and in 2006 won the “NFL’s Fastest Man” competition.
In 2006, Hall earned a second straight Pro Bowl berth after leading the Falcons in interceptions with four and in passes defensed with 16.
Hall was named to the Pro Bowl in 2005 after leading the Falcons with a career-high six interceptions and recorded 10 passes defensed, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and one touchdown. He also totaled eight punt returns for 82 yards and two kickoff returns for 45 yards.
After being selected by the Falcons eighth overall in 2004 out of Virginia Tech, Hall posted 37 tackles, two interceptions, one forced fumble, six passes defensed and a half-sack as a rookie. He also returned one kickoff for 48 yards.
Log on Friday to watch an exclusive video interview with new Raiders CB DeAngelo Hall.

I have no problem with attacking different Raider players that have choked in the past ( marcus allen comes to mind ) or former raider coaches who were no good weasels ( shanahan comes to mind ) or players that simply turned out to be busts ( charles woodson comes to mind , robert gallery etc ... ol quite a few old washed up guys too ) BUT I have a major problem with attacking Al Davis. The guy gets attacked relentlessly for losing the last few years when he is one of the most successful in history !!!

This is akin to being a Jean Van de Velde golf fan and insulting Tiger Woods everytime he doesnt win a tournament in a month.

<TABLE class=show_design_border width=300 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>
032008hall.jpg

</TD></TR><TR><TD>New Raiders CB DeAngelo Hall poses for a photo in the Hall of Fame room at the team's Alameda, Calif., facility.</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Tony Gonzales/Raiders.com

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The Oakland Raiders have acquired two-time Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall via trade with the Atlanta Falcons. Hall has played in 57 league games with 55 starts since originally entering the NFL as a first round draft choice by the Atlanta Falcons in 2004.
“We’re very pleased about the acqusition of DeAngelo Hall to the Raiders," said Raiders Head Coach Lane Kiffin. “This, following offseason signings of Tommy Kelly. and Gibril Wilson, we feel have one of the most talented defenses in the league.”
Hall is coming off a season in which he led the Falcons in both interceptions (five) and passes defensed (16) while leading all Atlanta cornerbacks in tackles with 71.
Over his four-year career, Hall has recorded 17 interceptions and scored three touchdowns—one on a 56-yard return of a fumble recovery in 2007; one on a 66-yard return of a fumble recovery in 2005; and one on a 48-yard interception return for a score in 2004.
“I met with Mr. Davis, Lane Kiffin and the defensive coaches and I’m excited to be joining the Raiders,” said Hall. “To come out here and see all of the Hall of Famers walking around, their photos posted on the wall, the championships, it’s an amazing feeling to be a part of that history and be a part of making history. I’m also looking forward to playing with the talented players already there, and also coming in with Gibril [Wilson]. I look forward to making a contribution to the success of the Raiders.”
The versatile, athletic Hall has also returned kickoffs and punts during his NFL career and in 2006 won the “NFL’s Fastest Man” competition.
In 2006, Hall earned a second straight Pro Bowl berth after leading the Falcons in interceptions with four and in passes defensed with 16.
Hall was named to the Pro Bowl in 2005 after leading the Falcons with a career-high six interceptions and recorded 10 passes defensed, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and one touchdown. He also totaled eight punt returns for 82 yards and two kickoff returns for 45 yards.
After being selected by the Falcons eighth overall in 2004 out of Virginia Tech, Hall posted 37 tackles, two interceptions, one forced fumble, six passes defensed and a half-sack as a rookie. He also returned one kickoff for 48 yards.
Log on Friday to watch an exclusive video interview with new Raiders CB DeAngelo Hall.

all great stuff... just not worth 10 MILLION DOLLARS every year for the next 7 years.

The way I see it, the Giants did not feel Gibril was worth 6 mil per year (otherwise they woulda kept him).... they did not feel Hall was worth 10 mil per year (otherwise they woulda got him when they had the chance)... and they did not feel the need to keep William Joseph...

The Raiders obviously feel all those are worth what they are getting and they have the money to splurge, so the more power to them, but there's more to it than just trying to put together a team full of big names and talent.

On paper, the Raiders now have arguably the best defensive backfield in the league and their offense looks capable, but unfortunately, games are not played on paper...

Oakland has signed defensive tackles Tommy Kelly and William Joseph, receivers Javon Walker and Drew Carter, safety Gibril Wilson, offensive linemen Kwame Harris and Cornell Green to deals that could be worth more than $160 million.

The Raiders also placed the exclusive franchise tag on Asomugha, guaranteeing him about $10 million next season, and re-signed running back Justin Fargas to a $12 million, three-year contract that guarantees him $6 million.

I really do think they are headed in the right direction, but I don't think the end result at the end of next season will be a drastic difference. I'll give them credit for acquiring all the players they wanted off the free agency market, but I give them no credit for the price they paid to get them...

4. the entire division is getting better defensivly with the exception of denver, how are you going to offset,

I don't think the defenses of that division is the problem... it's the offenses of that division that people are not considering...

I'm sure all Raider fans are excited about the free agent signings going on right now, but having a great defensive backfield is not the biggest deal in that division. If you were playing Dallas, New England, Indy, GB, or even the Saints twice a year, then I can see how having a great defensive backfield can be very crucial, but against the power running offenses of Denver, SD, and KC, who even cares about having great corners or safeties?.. Nobody even cares who the receivers are in those teams.

Simply put, the Raiders gave up 267 rushing yards to Denver in two games, 326 rushing yards to LT's Chargers in two games, and 279 rushing yards to KC in two games last year. They allowed over 100 yards rushing in all those games except one where they allowed 86 against the Broncos. The bad thing about the KC matchups is that LJ had 112 rushing yards in the first outing and didn't play in the second. Kolby Smith got the nod and he had 150 yards rushing.
Not that I like bringing up the Giants or anything (
tongue2.gif
), but even though they finished the Dallas game and the Packer game with interceptions and the Patriot game with defensive backfield coverage at the end, it wasn't Sam Madison, Corey Webster, or Gibril Wilson that won those games. If it wasn't for the front four literally terrorizing the quarterbacks all game long, then those opportunites would never have been there.

Seriously, if the Raiders are not solid up front and can't stop the run, then all this great defensive backfield talk won't mean much and they are going to struggle against the division again.

one hell of a write up blitz, i think the giants are in a position to compete again this year....hopefully strahan returns because i like to see them beat the cowboys for two reasons, first my roomates are fans and i love cheering against them and people talk about romo like he's god. I personally think cowboys will take a big step back this year to a 10 or 11 win team.

al davis is the man at contracts ...

HALL’S REAL DEAL? SEVEN YEARS, $66 MILLION

Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2008, 9:09 p.m.
The real numbers are in on the contract signed last week by Raiders cornerback DeAngelo Hall. And just like last year, when the $10 million annual average in the deal signed by cornerback Nate Clements was exposed to be worth in reality a bit over $9 million per year because the eighth year with a base salary of $16 million was literally phony, Hall’s deal has a base value of less than eight figures a season.
A league source tells us that the deal is actually worth only (only?) $66.28 million over seven years. And that works out to a yearly average of $9.467 million, less than the $9.5 million annual average of the deal signed by cornerback Asante Samuel with the Eagles.
The other $3.71 million comes from escalators tied to playing time. Hall might eventually earn those amounts, but they don’t kick in until year five, driving up the annual salaries in the out years of the deals and, as a practical matter, making it more likely that the team will opt to terminate the arrangement after four or five seasons.
Hall’s deal pays out $28.927 million over three years, $34.882 million over four, $43.126 million over five, and $53.659 over six.
The last year has a base salary of more than $12.6 million. Of course, if the salaries continue to skyrocket, $12.6 million could look like a reasonable deal come 2014.

al davis is the man at contracts ...

HALL’S REAL DEAL? SEVEN YEARS, $66 MILLION

Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2008, 9:09 p.m.
The real numbers are in on the contract signed last week by Raiders cornerback DeAngelo Hall. And just like last year, when the $10 million annual average in the deal signed by cornerback Nate Clements was exposed to be worth in reality a bit over $9 million per year because the eighth year with a base salary of $16 million was literally phony, Hall’s deal has a base value of less than eight figures a season.
A league source tells us that the deal is actually worth only (only?) $66.28 million over seven years. And that works out to a yearly average of $9.467 million, less than the $9.5 million annual average of the deal signed by cornerback Asante Samuel with the Eagles.
The other $3.71 million comes from escalators tied to playing time. Hall might eventually earn those amounts, but they don’t kick in until year five, driving up the annual salaries in the out years of the deals and, as a practical matter, making it more likely that the team will opt to terminate the arrangement after four or five seasons.
Hall’s deal pays out $28.927 million over three years, $34.882 million over four, $43.126 million over five, and $53.659 over six.
The last year has a base salary of more than $12.6 million. Of course, if the salaries continue to skyrocket, $12.6 million could look like a reasonable deal come 2014.

only 66.28 mil over seven years.. that's funny...

can you imagine how pretty the numbers would look if it would have been something like 50-55 mil for the seven years with this kind of contract structure??

about time Raiders go Primetime again about damn time.

BRONCOS-RAIDERS TO FINISH MNF TWO-FER

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2008, 1:43 p.m.
Three of the four nationally-televised games played in Week One of the NFL regular season will feature traditional division rivalries.
Joining Redskins-Giants on Thursday night and Vikings-Packers on Monday night will be Broncos-Raiders, live from the Black Hole, according to the Denver Post.
The Vikings-Packers and Broncos-Raiders games will form the traditional (i.e., three years and counting) Week One Monday night double-header on ESPN. It’s the second time for the Vikings and the Raiders to be involved in the two-pack of MNF games.

another Raider move

WADE A RAIDER

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2008, 10:53 p.m.
Displaced by the acquisition in Tampa of former Saints center Jeff Faine, former Bucs center John Wade is now in the mix to be the current Raiders center.
Per media reports, Wade has signed with the Oakland Raiders.
Wade started every game at center for the Buccaneers over the past three seasons. He joined the NFL in 1998 as a fifth-round pick of the Jaguars.

good read

Back in prime time

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, March 31st, 2008 at 11:23 am in Oakland Raiders
474 Comments »

Somebody thinks the Raiders are on the verge of being relevant.
The Raiders were not only chosen to play in one of the two Monday night prime time games to open the regular season on Sept. 8, but will do so at home against the Denver Broncos at 7:15 p.m. The first Monday night game that evening will feature Minnesota at Green Bay.
Oakland, coming off a 2-14 season in 2006, did not play a single regular season game which started after 1:15 p.m. (West Coast time). Their last two prime time games came in 2006, a 27-0 thrashing against the San Diego Chargers to open the season which ranks as one of the most dreadful performances in franchise history, and a 16-0 loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday night, Nov. 6.
The last time the Raiders actually scored points under the lights in the regular season was on Dec. 31, 2005, in a 30-21 loss to the New York Giants, the last game of Norv Turner’s two-year run.
Oakland’s last prime time win came on Nov. 28, 2005 against Denver, a 25-24 win on a snowy Sunday night.
While the Raiders have had their share of gripes with how the schedule has been set up by the NFL over the years, it’s hard to see a downside in this.
They get to open at home, against a division rival they beat last year. They are being recognized as a team worth watching because of the interest surrounding quarterback JaMarcus Russell, as well as Al Davis’ spending spree which has resulted in the re-signings of end Tommy Kelly and Justin Fargas as well as a trade for cornerback DeAngelo Hall and free-agent acquisitions of wide receivers Javon Walker and Drew Carter, safety Gibril Wilson, defensive end Kalimba Edwards and tackle Kwame Harris.
The Raiders have not opened the season against Denver since losing 17-13 as the Los Angeles Raiders in 1992. They haven’t hosted the Broncos in Week 1 since a 14-9 win over Denver in Los Angeles in 1990.
Denver has not opened a season in Oakland since 1967, with the Raiders winning 51-0 en route to a 13-1 season.

2008 Season
The Oakland Raiders open the 2008 preseason by hosting the San Francisco 49ers at McAfee Coliseum in Week 1 action. The Raiders then travel to Nashville to take on the Tennessee Titans on Saturday, August 16 in a contest that will be nationally televised on FOX. The Raiders then return home to face the Arizona Cardinals before concluding the preseason on Friday, August 29 in Seattle versus the Seahawks.
Exact dates and times for the preseason and regular season schedule will be announced at a later date.
Oakland Raiders 2008 Season Tickets are on sale now. Fans may call 1-800-RAIDERS to speak with a sales representative or log on to www.raiders.com/tickets for more information.​
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f0f0f0><TD vAlign=center colSpan=5>
Oakland Raiders 2008 Pre-Season Schedule
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=center width=360>
Date and Time
</TD><TD vAlign=center width=38 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=center width=658>Opponent</TD><TD vAlign=center>
TV
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f0f0f0><TD vAlign=center>
TBA
</TD><TD vAlign=center>
tm-49ers.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=center>San Francisco 49ers</TD><TD vAlign=center>
TBA
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f0f0f0><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#ffffff>
August 16 - 5:00 p.m. PST
</TD><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#ffffff>
tm-titans.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#ffffff>at Tennessee Titans</TD><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#ffffff>
FOX
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f0f0f0><TD vAlign=center>
TBA
</TD><TD vAlign=center>
tm-cardinals.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=center>Arizona Cardinals</TD><TD vAlign=center>
TBA
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f0f0f0><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#ffffff>
August 29 (Time TBA)
</TD><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#ffffff>
tm-seahawks.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#ffffff>at Seattle Seahawks</TD><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#ffffff>
TBA
The Raiders open the regular season in prime time for the third time in the past four seasons when The Team of the Decades hosts the Denver Broncos on Monday night, September 8, on ESPN, the NFL announced. The Raiders take on fellow AFC Western Division member Denver at McAfee Coliseum in a game that begins at 7:15 p.m. P.T. The Raiders are the second half of the Monday Night doubleheader on September 8, preceded by Minnesota at Green Bay in the first game that begins at 4 p.m. PT.

The Raiders faced the San Diego Chargers in Oakland as part of the Monday Night Football premiere on ESPN to open the 2006 season, and participated in the NFL's Thursday night regular season kickoff at New England in 2005.
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" align=center bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f0f0f0><TD colSpan=2>
Oakland Raiders 2008 Regular Season Opponents
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f0f0f0><TD width=272>
Home
</TD><TD width=273>
Away
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD>
PATRIOTS08-80.jpg
The Raiders won the last match-up against the New England Patriots in Oakland, 26-20, in 2002. The Raiders and Patriots last met in 2005 at Gillette Stadium. The Raiders lead the series 14-13-1.
</TD><TD class=sml2>
BILLS08-80.jpg
The Raiders hosted the Buffalo Bills in 2005 season where they defeated them 38-17. The last time the Raiders traveled to Buffalo was in 2002 when they captured a 49-31 victory. The Raiders lead the series 19-15.

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=sml2>
BRONCOS80.jpg
The Raiders will host the Broncos to kick off the 2008 regular season on ESPN's Monday Night Football on September 8th. The Raiders currently lead the series 54-39-2.
</TD><TD class=sml2>
BRONCOS80.jpg
The Raiders will face the Denver Broncos on the road at INVESCO Field at Mile High. The last time the two teams met in Denver, the Broncos escaped with a 23-20 overtime win.

CHARGERS08-80.jpg
The two teams last met when the San Diego Chargers traveled to McAfee Coliseum for the last game of 2007. The Chargers captured a 30-17 win over the Raiders. The Raiders currently lead the series 54-40-2.
</TD><TD class=sml2>
CHARGERS08-80.jpg
The Raiders will face the San Diego Chargers on the road at QUALCOMM Stadium in San Diego. The last time the Raiders were in San Diego, the Chargers prevailed 28-14.
CHIEFS80.jpg
The last time Kansas City made the trip to Oakland, they emerged with a narrow 12-10 win over the Raiders. The Chiefs lead the all-time series 50-43-2. The teams first met in 1960 when the Chiefs were known as the Dallas Texans.
</TD><TD class=sml2>
CHIEFS80.jpg
The Raiders will travel to Missouri to take on the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium. The last time the Raiders faced the Chiefs on the road, they returned to Oakland with a 20-17 win.

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=sml2 height=84>
TEXANS80.jpg
The Raiders last played the Texans in Oakland during the 2007 regular season. The Texans won 24-17 at McAfee Coliseum. The Texans will travel to Oakland for the third straight year.
</TD><TD class=sml2>
RAVENS08-80.jpg
The Raiders will travel to Maryland to take on the Baltimore Ravens. The last time Oakland traveled to Baltimore was in 2006 where they suffered a 28-6 loss to the Ravens. The Ravens lead the series 3-1.
JETS08-80.jpg
The Raiders last went head-to-head with the Jets on the road in 2006. The teams first met in 1960 when the Raiders traveled to New York to take on the then-New York Titans. The Raiders lead the series 19-14-2.
</TD><TD class=sml2>
DOLPHINS80.jpg
The Raiders travel to Miami to face the Dolphins for the second straight season. The last time the two teams met, the Raiders beat the Dolphins 35-17. The Raiders currently lead the series 16-11-1.

PANTHERS08-80.jpg
The two teams last met in North Carolina with the Raiders capturing a 27-24 victory on the road. The last time the Panthers were in Oakland, the Raiders prevailed 52-9 in 2000. The Raiders currently lead the series 2-1.

</TD><TD class=sml2>
BUCS08-80.jpg
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will host the Oakland Raiders for the first time since 1996. The last time the two teams faced off was in 2004 in Oakland when the Raiders won 30-20. The Raiders currently lead the series 5-1.
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD>
FALCONS08-80.jpg
The last time the Atlanta Falcons traveled to Oakland in 2000, the Silver and Black earned a 41-14 victory. The two teams met in Atlanta in 2004. Since first meeting in 1971, the Raiders have a 7-4 lead in the series.

</TD><TD class=sml2>
SAINTS08-80.jpg
The Raiders will make the trip to New Orleans for the first time since 2000 when they beat the Saints 31-22. The two teams last met in Oakland in 2004. The Raiders lead the series with the

Back