• Dwight Howard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Paul

• Dwayne Wade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the second page of this thread alone, I have seen one poster claim that LeBron was an "Allen Iverson type" player before this season, and another poster claim that if LeBron were on Miami they "wouldn't sniff the playoffs."

I give up.

On the second page of this thread alone, I have seen one poster claim that LeBron was an "Allen Iverson type" player before this season, and another poster claim that if LeBron were on Miami they "wouldn't sniff the playoffs."

I give up.

Made an outlandish comment to show how stupid the comment above was. So, then you agree that Wade on the Cavs would be a fringe team?

Wade on Cleveland is probably an extremely solid team, but nothing close to 65 wins. Probably a good 50+ win team though.

I'm a huge black mamba fan, he is the best player on the planet..but Bron is the man this year at least..if he gets hurt you can reverse their record. I couldn't say that about LA. We saw how Miami was last year without Dwade, he would be #2 this year.

One thing about James, he puts up great numbers in an offense that isn't geared for that. Yes, he handles the ball a lot but his potential is unlimited in a real offensive system. Plus, he limits himself by bailing out with jumpshots all the time when he can get inside on any player in league just about. Great year for him.

Not since Magic Johnson has a superstar doubled as such a galvanizing teammate. If there's an enduring image of the '08-09 season, it's the way LeBron stamped his personality on everyone around him. They orchestrate goofy pregame intros (my favorite: the team snapshot), trade countless chest bumps, giggle on the sidelines, hang out on road trips and support each other in every way. What's telling about LeBron's in-traffic dunks -- and he unleashes them more frequently than anyone since Dominique -- is how he seeks out his bench for feedback, and even better, how they give it to him. It makes the forced camaraderie of the Lakers seem glaring. If you want to watch a team that pulls for each other and follows the lead of its best player, watch Cleveland.

And if you're a Cavs fan trying to talk yourself into LeBron staying after 2010, your best chance is this: Through 24 years, LeBron has proven to be an inordinately devoted guy. When you're with him, you're with him. The upcoming documentary (supposedly superb) about his high school years bangs this point home. So does the fact that he jettisoned his agents and surrounded himself with high school buddies. So does everything that happened this season. He's as good of a teammate as a player. The more I watch him, the more I wonder if such an intensely loyal guy would ever say, "Thanks for the memories, everybody," dump his teammates, dump his hometown and start a fresh life elsewhere. Although he isn't surrounded by the most talented players right now, collectively, it's a team in the truest sense, with a devoted set of appreciative fans, and maybe that's all LeBron James will need in the end.

I thought he was a goner four months ago. I think he's staying now. Regardless, he's our Most Valuable Player for 2009. It won't be the last time.

1. LeBron James
And not just because he finally put together that insane package of skills. LeBron submitted the most convincing MVP season since Shaq's 2000 campaign. Four things to consider beyond all the obvious stuff:

1. After benching LeBron and others and losing their regular-season finale, the Cavs finished 66-16. Only nine teams won 66-plus games and the title: the '96 Bulls (72 wins), '97 Bulls (69), '72 Lakers (69), '67 Sixers (68), '86 Celts (67), '92 Bulls (67), '00 Lakers (67), '08 Celtics (66) and '71 Bucs (66). Each of those teams had at least two HALL OF FAMERS. LeBron played with Mo Williams, who made the All-Star Game only as an injury replacement. Same goes for Cleveland's 39-2 home mark; the '86 Celtics went 40-1 at home but did it in a more imposing building (the old Boston Garden) with five Hall of Famers (I'm including DJ, who should be in there). Will you be bouncing your grandkids on your lap and telling them about the time you saw Mo Williams play? What about Zydrunas Ilgauskas?

The Cavs' success this season happened because of the day-to-day competitiveness of a player whose drive can only be described as "Jordanesque." Maybe he's not as ruthless -- and really, nobody will ever be as ruthless as Jordan -- but from a consistency standpoint, LeBron is right there.

2. Defensively, he improved to such a startling degree that he's also my Defensive Player of the Year. Considering that LeBron defended the other team's best scorer every night, played the free-safety role better than anyone since Scottie Pippen, defended four different positions, allowed his team to play small or big, and always seemed to have one momentum-altering block per game ... I mean, what more do you need?

3. Offensively, only four players since 1974 led their teams in total points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks: Dave Cowens (1978), Scottie Pippen (1995), Kevin Garnett (2003) and LeBron (2009). He also became the first top-three scorer to crack the top 25 in rebounds, assists, steals and blocks as well: 28.4 ppg (second), 7.2 apg (ninth), 7.6 rpg (25th), 1.69 steals (seventh), 1.15 blocks (23rd). Since Feb. 1, he's averaging a 29-8-8 and approaching the 50-40-80 Club in percentages (49 percent FG, 40 percent 3FG, 78 percent FT). Let's just say his statistical chops are in place.

4. And this is my favorite reason ...

Not since Magic Johnson has a superstar doubled as such a galvanizing teammate. If there's an enduring image of the '08-09 season, it's the way LeBron stamped his personality on everyone around him. They orchestrate goofy pregame intros (my favorite: the team snapshot), trade countless chest bumps, giggle on the sidelines, hang out on road trips and support each other in every way. What's telling about LeBron's in-traffic dunks -- and he unleashes them more frequently than anyone since Dominique -- is how he seeks out his bench for feedback, and even better, how they give it to him. It makes the forced camaraderie of the Lakers seem glaring. If you want to watch a team that pulls for each other and follows the lead of its best player, watch Cleveland.

And if you're a Cavs fan trying to talk yourself into LeBron staying after 2010, your best chance is this: Through 24 years, LeBron has proven to be an inordinately devoted guy. When you're with him, you're with him. The upcoming documentary (supposedly superb) about his high school years bangs this point home. So does the fact that he jettisoned his agents and surrounded himself with high school buddies. So does everything that happened this season. He's as good of a teammate as a player. The more I watch him, the more I wonder if such an intensely loyal guy would ever say, "Thanks for the memories, everybody," dump his teammates, dump his hometown and start a fresh life elsewhere. Although he isn't surrounded by the most talented players right now, collectively, it's a team in the truest sense, with a devoted set of appreciative fans, and maybe that's all LeBron James will need in the end.

I thought he was a goner four months ago. I think he's staying now. Regardless, he's our Most Valuable Player for 2009. It won't be the last time.

1. LeBron James
And not just because he finally put together that insane package of skills. LeBron submitted the most convincing MVP season since Shaq's 2000 campaign. Four things to consider beyond all the obvious stuff:

1. After benching LeBron and others and losing their regular-season finale, the Cavs finished 66-16. Only nine teams won 66-plus games and the title: the '96 Bulls (72 wins), '97 Bulls (69), '72 Lakers (69), '67 Sixers (68), '86 Celts (67), '92 Bulls (67), '00 Lakers (67), '08 Celtics (66) and '71 Bucs (66). Each of those teams had at least two HALL OF FAMERS. LeBron played with Mo Williams, who made the All-Star Game only as an injury replacement. Same goes for Cleveland's 39-2 home mark; the '86 Celtics went 40-1 at home but did it in a more imposing building (the old Boston Garden) with five Hall of Famers (I'm including DJ, who should be in there). Will you be bouncing your grandkids on your lap and telling them about the time you saw Mo Williams play? What about Zydrunas Ilgauskas?

The Cavs' success this season happened because of the day-to-day competitiveness of a player whose drive can only be described as "Jordanesque." Maybe he's not as ruthless -- and really, nobody will ever be as ruthless as Jordan -- but from a consistency standpoint, LeBron is right there.

2. Defensively, he improved to such a startling degree that he's also my Defensive Player of the Year. Considering that LeBron defended the other team's best scorer every night, played the free-safety role better than anyone since Scottie Pippen, defended four different positions, allowed his team to play small or big, and always seemed to have one momentum-altering block per game ... I mean, what more do you need?

3. Offensively, only four players since 1974 led their teams in total points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks: Dave Cowens (1978), Scottie Pippen (1995), Kevin Garnett (2003) and LeBron (2009). He also became the first top-three scorer to crack the top 25 in rebounds, assists, steals and blocks as well: 28.4 ppg (second), 7.2 apg (ninth), 7.6 rpg (25th), 1.69 steals (seventh), 1.15 blocks (23rd). Since Feb. 1, he's averaging a 29-8-8 and approaching the 50-40-80 Club in percentages (49 percent FG, 40 percent 3FG, 78 percent FT). Let's just say his statistical chops are in place.

4. And this is my favorite reason ...

brought tears to my eyes..thanks bro

I dont think any of the big 3 (Bron, Wade and Bosh) will move. Bosh and his agents have already hinted that they want to re-sign. Cavs, Heat and Toronto can pay these guys much more than any other team can. The economic conditions and reduction of the salary cap has limited their earning potential. Bron probably makes a killing in endorsements if he moves to NY, but he will be stuck in mediocrity in the win/loss column for a while. IMO, Ferry is doing a good job surrounding bron with a team that can win.

I think Bosh resigns this summer, Wade will start negotiations this summer and bron will milk the attention for another year, but will stay.

I think it would be stunning if Bosh stayed. The team sucks, and how long does the guy want to deal with being a top player who is basically unknown to the entire United States? I gotta think he comes to the States. What the hell would be staying for?

I think it would be stunning if Bosh stayed. The team sucks, and how long does the guy want to deal with being a top player who is basically unknown to the entire United States? I gotta think he comes to the States. What the hell would be staying for?

$$$$

Raps can pay him more than any other team (about 20 mill. more). Bosh is known well enough in the States and the playoffs will fix the rest. VC had no problems with exposure being in Toronto.

He's already hinted in the media that he is looking to re-sign.

$$$$

Raps can pay him more than any other team (about 20 mill. more). Bosh is known well enough in the States and the playoffs will fix the rest. VC had no problems with exposure being in Toronto.

He's already hinted in the media that he is looking to re-sign.

Playoffs? Playoffs?

:)

Back