Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwayne Wade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Screw the sportswriters. This is the general consensus of the NBA right here. Award won't be announced till the Conference Finals but I think the rest of thec regular season is negligible in all honesty. It's time to vote. I'll post a poll. Put your arguments below if you would like. I am sure this will get spirited. I already added Killa's vote for Kevin Martin in so no need to vote Killa.

Last edited:
Btw, I usually go through and have guys rank them 1-3 or 1-5 and assign point values like the NBA does but it ends up being a cluster with some people not being able to comprehend the system.

I vote for Kevin Durant. Steve Blake a close second.

in order:

1. Kev Durant
2. Stevie Blake
3. Rudy Fernandez
4. Chris Douglas Roberts
5. Russel Westbrook

Only 2 reasonable choices. Wade or LeBron. Not ready to decide but all others need not apply.

lebron is the only thing keeping the city of cleveland out of monthly trips to d.c. to bailout their city. Let's give Lebron the mvp and let me enjoy my last 2 seasons of watching the nba before he owns 25% of MSG.

i remember the first time i ever went to see the cavs play, i was treated to a an over-weight, baby-daddy-of-8-or-9, smoked-a-blunt-with-the-maskot-2minutes-before-tip-off shawn kemp launch brick after brick from one step inside the 3 point line, and i'm pretty sure that was a little less than 10 years ago!!

Bosh, Wade and Bron will not leave their teams because of the cap and the financial problems of half the team.

Amare is probably the only one that might go to Knicks. Gonna piss myself if Redd is the only guy they get.

i voted for wade:shake:
new_shocked.gif

hustle is shocked.

voted for lebron. best record and he is the only reason for it

don't worry cap, kobe's gonna win the one that actually matters: Finals MVP :tiphat:

Wade. He's carrying that team on his shoulders, fantastic season. Credits to other 4 guys as well, all had impressive seasons.

I'm sure Mr. Martin has Mr. Amaechi's vote for MVP..... Most Voluptuous Player.

How any of you can vote for anyone besides D-wade shocks me.

Take away Bron from Cleveland, and Cleveland still wins 30-40 games.

Take Kobe from LA and they probably win 30-40 games

Take Howard away from Orlando and they probably win 25-30 games.

Take D-wade away from Miami, and see the 2007/2008 Miami Heat season.

What Bron has done for Cleveland is amazing, and how he has brought that team together along with Mo is amazing, but D-wade is the absolute Most Valuable player to his team. They could, and might possibly upset whom ever they face in the 1st round because of him.

I do not think Miami beating Atlanta in the 1st rd will be considered an upset by me, the lines, or the general public. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Miami favorite over Atlanta in the 1st rd despite not having HCA

The reason Wade will not win the MVP, and I agree with this, is that Miami is the 5th seed in the east. Who was the last MVP to not be on the say top 3 team in their respective conference?
Voters consider the MVP the player that guided his team to the most wins
Miami will likely end the season with say 43 wins
Compared to say the 65 wins Cleveland will have
Just from the argument of "without this player, this team would have __ wins" lets look at it like that: Is cleveland's team without Lebron 22 games better than Miami's without Wade?

Just from the argument of "without this player, this team would have __ wins" lets look at it like that: Is cleveland's team without Lebron 22 games better than Miami's without Wade?

If I'm reading what your asking right SF, yes I believe Cleveland would be 22 games better w/o Lebron, than Miami w/o Wade.

Miami w/o Wade SF, is a 20 win team max during a 82 game season... max. I def think Cleve has enough talent w/o Bron to get 40 wins.

Miami w/o Wade SF, is a 20 win team max during a 82 game season... max. I def think Cleve has enough talent w/o Bron to get 40 wins.

So you're saying this Cleveland team without Lebron would get the same amount of wins as this Miami team with Wade?? I completely disagree although this quesiton is obviously not how mvp is determined

Are you guys under the impression that the actual MVP vote is gonna be close? LeBron is gonna win in a landslide.

Are you guys under the impression that the actual MVP vote is gonna be close? LeBron is gonna win in a landslide.

I don't think they are. Its all for entertainment purposes and to give these guys something to do.

You're right tho, Bron in a landslide.

It's Wade all day long.

How come suddenly when Lebron has a point guard and his team has a shot does he get all the credit and it is only because of him. That just makes zero sense.

Not saying he is not an unstoppable force just saying if it was all because of him he would have won both the MVP and a title in a previous year. Not until he had a great PG has he suddenly risen to a great player on a great team. Dont get me wrong he was always a great player but more in an Allen Iverson type mode than an actual contender. With that I must admit the dude finally learned how to shoot past 10 feet and will give the NBA hell for at least a good decade.

And yes I know he will win and yes I know it will be Lebron or Kobe for at least the next 6 years.

i dont understand why everyone says if you take wade away from miami they only win 20 games and if you take lebron away from cleveland they win 40. youre basically saying that each player is worth 20 wins to their team meaning they virtually have the same impact. if you go by that thinking then you should vote chris paul because if you take him off new orleans that team is 25 to 30 games worse because they have no one else that can create off the dribble at all.

i dont understand why everyone says if you take wade away from miami they only win 20 games and if you take lebron away from cleveland they win 40. youre basically saying that each player is worth 20 wins to their team meaning they virtually have the same impact. if you go by that thinking then you should vote chris paul because if you take him off new orleans that team is 25 to 30 games worse because they have no one else that can create off the dribble at all.

:4_12_13:

cavs, heat and hornets are all dogshit without their mvps. the difference is that with paul / wade, the hornets and heat are simply playoff teams. with lebron the cavs are a title contender.

It's Wade all day long.

How come suddenly when Lebron has a point guard and his team has a shot does he get all the credit and it is only because of him. That just makes zero sense.

Not saying he is not an unstoppable force just saying if it was all because of him he would have won both the MVP and a title in a previous year. Not until he had a great PG has he suddenly risen to a great player on a great team. Dont get me wrong he was always a great player but more in an Allen Iverson type mode than an actual contender. With that I must admit the dude finally learned how to shoot past 10 feet and will give the NBA hell for at least a good decade.

And yes I know he will win and yes I know it will be Lebron or Kobe for at least the next 6 years.

If next yr in the offseason Miami gets a center and learns better defense guiding them to the top record in the NBA- with wade having a similar season, then wade should get it. But bottom line, 5th seed in the NBA should not get the MVP. If your team is just above .500, you don't deserve an MVP. Same way as Finals MVP can't go to the losing team, esp if they only win 1 game even if he gets 50/15/10 per game with a game winning buzzer beater.
I think MVP is a team award even though thats kind of counter intuitive. Almost a "best player on the best team" unless like the best team has no leader and the close 2nd best team has a star.
Another award similar is most defensive player. It doesn't just go to the player with the most rebounds/blocks/steals or even the best one on one defender. It goes to the defender who helped his teams defense the most. KG didn't suddenly become the best defender in the league, but last yr when he almost singlehandedly took a bunch of average defenders and with him turned boston into the best defense in the nba- he was unquestionably the most defensive player in the nba

Dwayne Wade set career-highs for points and 3-pointers as he scored 55 points on 19-of-30 shooting (6-of-12 from downtown, 11-of-13 from the foul line) with nine rebounds, four assists, and one block in the Heat's 122-105 win over the Knicks on Sunday.

Last week the Heat sent out promotional packs to promote Wade for the MVP award, but this might have been his best showing of the year, and it certainly won a few fantasy owners championships today. Wade was one point short of the franchise record for points in a game (Glen Rice, 56), and his 88 3-pointers this season are greater than his totals from his first five years combined.

Wade is amazing but Bron is my MVP.

Bron joins the Heat with JermO and Beasley they're in the Eastern Conference Finals at least. Wade joins Cleveland, they're a fringe team at best.

Wade is amazing but Bron is my MVP.

Bron joins the Heat with JermO and Beasley they're in the Eastern Conference Finals at least. Wade joins Cleveland, they're a fringe team at best.

Delusional.

Bron with JO and Beasley dont sniff the playoffs.

Wade with the Cavs are hella better than a fringe team.

Back