The New York Jets Quarterback Thread

Brock Purdy looks like a@@ in a jets uniform I'd guarantee it ..............Wilson in the niners system ? he probably looks competent. Herbstreit said it best last night jets formula for that game was their defense and running game and neither showed up

One thing I've learned in NFL is casual fans is they love to play qb hot potato and they don't have a clue much of the time ...........Geno Smith Sucks now he's great, Tua people were convinced he sucks last year, etc

The Qb position is the most important position in the NFL but also it really isn't ..........remember nick foles and trent dilfer won a super bowl

As a GM I really doubt I'd spend big money in a draft on a qb unless it was a peyton manning generational talent

Jalen Hurts - do we really think this guy is a great thrower of the football and reader of defenses ? He's in a great spot, he could be out of the league in 5 years

Is Rodgers not an option to take the Favre route?
I thought that all along but the Jets are not a better situation than he has in Green Bay. With Buffalo a dominant team and Miami on the rise the Jets will be playing for third place moving forward while Rodgers can win his division with Green Bay. The more I think of it the more I realize Rodgers would be foolish to go play for the worst organization in the league.

It just goes to show what a crapshoot the NFL draft is for a qb. If you're drafting an olineman in the top 10 he's pretty much a guaranteed long term starter for years...qb, not so easy.
Teams like the Jets with bad coaching staffs should never draft a QB high in the draft.

I thought that all along but the Jets are not a better situation than he has in Green Bay. With Buffalo a dominant team and Miami on the rise the Jets will be playing for third place moving forward while Rodgers can win his division with Green Bay. The more I think of it the more I realize Rodgers would be foolish to go play for the worst organization in the league.
I just fail to see what the positive would be and see several negatives

I disagree and would rather take that chance than pay Mike White 20 million plus per season or sign a guy like Minshew.
He's already checked out man, not sure what you want from him that he can't offer at this point

He's already checked out man, not sure what you want from him that he can't offer at this point
He checked out this season when he saw that the team was going nowhere but I think he would be rejuvenated playing for a good team. San Francisco is the perfect spot for Rodgers but they will probably go with Brady instead.

He's been checked out for awhile. The Niners could really screw up something special by taking either one of them and just thinking it's automatic. When in history has a guy gone from checkout back to elite?

Neither of them will, I'm confident of that.

He's been checked out for awhile. The Niners could really screw up something special by taking either one of them and just thinking it's automatic. When in history has a guy gone from checkout back to elite?

Neither of them will, I'm confident of that.
I think Rodgers realizes he can't win with that roster or coaching staff but can still play at a high level and what better way to go out than winning another Super Bowl with his hometown team.

I think Rodgers realizes he can't win with that roster or coaching staff but can still play at a high level and what better way to go out than winning another Super Bowl with his hometown team.
That's our difference, I think he's got a foot out the door on all the nonsense regardless the team. No schedules, no getting hit, no caring about media....he goes somewhere else it's either win a Super Bowl or bow out. History has told us bowing out is the correct move and that before hundreds of millions in the bank.

That's our difference, I think he's got a foot out the door on all the nonsense regardless the team. No schedules, no getting hit, no caring about media....he goes somewhere else it's either win a Super Bowl or bow out. History has told us bowing out is the correct move and that before hundreds of millions in the bank.
At this point in his career Rodgers will bail on any non contending team and to be perfectly honest I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes. I do think he will be motivated if he is on a team with a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl which is why San Francisco is the perfect spot for him. He isn't winning another championship in Green Bay so if the Niners don't want him he should retire.

The Jets are definitely desperate and stupid but I can't think of too many worse potential moves than locking themselves into Lamar Jackson on a long term deal.

Back