The Most Overrated Team in the History of Sports...

metsrp86

Giants 17-14 Patriots
Notre Dame

This seems may seem like a broken record, but it happens every for the same reason. Notre Dame back in the BCS only because of the its name and ancient history.

When is the last time ND won a bowl game? The answer is 8 years ago. That really is pathetic, and they have become the anti Boston College when it comes to bowl games. You could say it isnt always their fault, because they end up in bowls they dont deserve to be in the first place, and thus are always overmatched, but it is still really sad.

Then, there is this year. What is Notre Dame's big win this year? A road win by 4 points at unranked Georgia Tech? They were destroyed by the only 2 ranked teams on their scedule losing to Michigan by 26 at home and to USC by 20 on the road. They were not even competitive in either game, and never had any chance to win either.

So, now this team deserves to play a battle tested LSU team in the BCS? Now granted there arent many other teams with great cases to play in BCS, but it doesnt take much to overtake ND in the discussion. The problem is the two teams would result in 3 teams taken from their respective conferences.

Wisconsin- They have a better record at 11-1, while they also have no wins against ranked opponents, they only lost to Michigan by 14 in Ann Arbor in a competitive game.

Auburn - They have the same record as ND, but have 2 wins over BCS teams (LSU and Florida).

Even Arkansas has two wins over ranked opponents (Auburn and Tennesee).

I just get really annoyed that other deserving schools have to miss out on the BCS because of the ND bias that exists in college football. I feel like I had to get that off my chest as a lifelong ND hater. I hope this helps get more people on the ND hater bandwagon. Go LSU!

That being said they also beat down penn st, and beat ucla who beat usc..

Anyway im not sure why you hate on them.. would u like to tell me another team that would beat michigan and usc on the road??

abcs said:

Anyway im not sure why you hate on them.. would u like to tell me another team that would beat michigan and usc on the road??

I have been a UM fan as far back as I can remember, though never attended the school.

They beat a Penn State team that has about 0 quality wins this season. They were very lucky to beat UCLA (their back up QB was starting his first game) at home off a bye week. USC lost to them on the road in a big rivarly game.

My point was that they were not even competitive in those games. Wisconsin was very competitive against Michigan in Ann Arbor. USC has not blown out many teams all year, but they blew the doors off of ND.

Saw your name and was hoping for one big SHIT on BC thread.

Very disappointed that it was Notre Dame instead. Wrong Catholic school.

Fuck BC.

Seabass said:
Saw your name and was hoping for one big SHIT on BC thread.

Very disappointed that it was Notre Dame instead. Wrong Catholic school.

Fuck BC.

Yeah, you know I hate BC too, but I cant argue with their Bowl record....BC got what they deserved after running up the score on Barfalo tho, stuck in a shitty bowl against Navy :cheers:

LSU = most underrated team in the history of sports

I love Quinn but, LSU -48, ND -28

Notre Dame is almost as overrated as Arizona hoops the past few years ;)

Captain Slap A Hoe said:
LSU = most underrated team in the history of sports

I love Quinn but, LSU -48, ND -28

I'm the first to complain when LSU is truly underrated.
I can't seem to see how they could be classified as underrated.

They are the highest rated 2 loss team in the polls and the BCS.

They could play as well or better than any team on any given day but against solid competition we are but 2-2. Granted all were away games but that is the nature of our schedule. Next year the big ones are at home. I love the respect after years of seemingly going unnoticed when playing at a high level........but damnt we lost 2 games and people act like we were one play from being unbeaten. Save the love for when we need a few extra Harris votes down the line. :cheers:

I dont think LSU is underrated.. this is the same team that almost lost at home to ole miss who isnt even going bowling. They needed a miracle td on the last play of regulation to even send it to overtime
You guys blast florida for barely beating south carolina.. but Florida beat lsu..

LSU has just as much talent as anyone in the country.. but that hasnt helped them this year or last year. If they click on all cylinders sure they could beat anyone..

I was obviously kidding about LSU being underrated.

Cot damn

But I do love LSU, and think they'd beat any team in the nation on a neutral site

They arent underrated, but they should roll over ND...Too balanced not to. Russell should have a field day on the non-existent ND secondary. Quinn will get his plays in, but the LSU D will slow ND's offense down enough, while ND will give up big play after big play. Only way LSU loses is if they turn the ball over like they did against FU.

Shit all we've heard all year is they have the most talent, most physical defense, most playmakers over and over and over..

I think LSU has been so far talked up this year it's ridiculous...they have a good team but don't have a killer instinct at all , IMO...

They're anything but underrated.

abcs said:

umm so because UCLA beat USC and ND beat UCLA that means ND must be good? That logic is completely flawed cause i can pull out many teams who have caused shockers and garbage. You can't use that system train of thought to determine whether or not ND is overrated or not.

I will be taking ND ML and points if it gets to 10 on a neutral field.

:shake:

Don't complain just make money with it. I have gone against ND for bowl game of year 2 of last 4 years.

Frank Costanza said:
It'll virtually be a home game for LSU in the Dome.

And UGA had more than a "virtual" home game last year in the Sugar Bowl at the Georgia Dome..

Sometimes these kids prefer to get away from home for a bowl game, esp a BCS game..

A bus rids isn't exactly a rush to get up for..

We'll see..

But the fans will be excited...but ND fans have deep pockets, so they'll be there too..

What I find interesting in this game is this is a BIG game that Weiss finally has an opportunity to outcoach his opposition..

Jump said it best with weiss.. basically he hasnt shocked anyone yet. Hes won the games hes should have won. I think Brady has a huge game and keeps this close. brady quinn is a straight up winner and leader in my books. The dome will be electric but LSU is definately beatable.. If ND doesnt give up 700 yards of offense, their offense should keep this within a few points.

What alot of folks forget is that the BCS ( we most all agree its a shitty system) was only designed to match the one and two teams in a title game.The other games are put together with one thing in mind. MONEY' $$$$ Notre Dame always brings that.

What a shock! ND gets completely outclassed in a bowl game again. It really is sad how overrated this team is each year.

If it were up to me, I would give them a 5 year ban from BCS play for subjecting CFB fans to watching all their shitting bowl games.

But, from a capper's POV, the ND fade is the best play you can call during the bowl season
:smiley_acbe:

Nd does get many free passes in the rankings for sure, the reason they have now lost 8 bowls games in a row is becuse they are playing teams that are much better than they are. No way should the Irish been playing in BCS games the last 2 years, that is a perfect example of the flaws with BCS. ND played 2 decent teams all year and got drubbed by both. How the hell to ya get a BCS bid when ya lose 2 games and other games on the schedule include Airforce,Army,Navy, Stanford. It is all about how many ND fans will make the trip to the games, 0-8 last 8 bowl games speaks volumes!!

Back